NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Ok but to open up the offense for Russell(if they draft him like expected) they need a #1 back and right now they don't have one. I don't watch college ball but from what I've heard this isn't a good draft for backs. Sure Rhodes is a decent back but they need someone who has a chance of running for a thousand yards this season and I don't think Jordan can do that next season either.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they have Jordan still, who while he's been disappointing in Oakland, if he's healthy and has a back like Rhodes to split carries, you can get the production of a good starting RB out of those two. It's not like these guys are bums. Throw in a later round speed RB and you actually have a serviceable backfield and like Be said, that's all they're looking for at this point.

Everybody knows that the Raiders offense is bad, which is why they're going to spend the draft trying to improve it. They're not building a playoff contender yet, they just want to be turning things around.

Not if they have the number one pick this year. The Raiders are a rebuilding team, not a potential playoff contender and everybody knows it, even the Raiders know it. Yes, every team desires to be in the playoffs but you have to build a team to win games before you can do that. They have a good defense, but a horrible offense. And while defense may win championships, you also need an offense that can move the ball so the defense isn't on the field all the time. They're building for the future, which is what most teams in the top 10 of the draft should be doing because most of them aren't in any position to be thinking about the playoffs, not yet at least.

I just think the Raiders can be the Titans(who were at least playoff contenders after having the #3 overall pick before the season started) of this year with a running back at the cailber of Travis Henry and a sold line. Sure having a great coach in Jeff Fisher helped but no one has any idea how good of a coach Kiffin is, but he can't be any worse than Norv Turner was for Oakland.

And in the one year Rhodes had over 200 carries he has 1100 yards. I'm not saying he's an elite back, but he'll get you 500-600 yards as a split back and probably 1000 if he got 90 percent of the carries.

I just think the Raiders can be the Titans(who were at least playoff contenders after having the #3 overall pick before the season started) of this year with a running back at the cailber of Travis Henry and a sold line. Sure having a great coach in Jeff Fisher helped but no one has any idea how good of a coach Kiffin is, but he can't be any worse than Norv Turner was for Oakland.

Any reason as to why you think the Raiders will do what the Titans did? The Titans were able to accomplish what they did largely due to having Vince Young. The Raiders don't even have a starting QB at this point and even if they draft Russell or Quinn, neither of them match up to Vince Young. I'll admit, I was a Vince Young skeptic because I didn't think he was NFL ready, but he was and has become the leader of that team in his first year (barring maybe Keith Bullock). I just don't see the Raiders eeding to have the mindset that they need to make the playoffs this year because they don't. They just need to win more than 2 games and it'll be a start.

Jumping in on the conversation without reading much here, but Rhodes can definately go for 1000 yards. It's a matter of opportunity. He's not elite, but every time he has been given a chance, he has produced very well.

Is it not a little retarded to be insulting the Raiders for making a good signing?

And besides, I don't recall hearing anyone insult the Raiders per se...we're just all making fun of Al Davis's incontinence and senility, which as a sport is fast approaching that of hockey. Rhodes is a very good pickup for Oakland, as it never really seemed like Justin Fargas was going to do much of anything. And $2.5 million per year tells us that Dominic's going to be doing something more than just waiting for Jordan to blow a tire.

The Detroit Lions signed free-agent wide receiver Shaun McDonald to a two-year, $2.8 million deal that includes $1.5 million in guaranteed money. McDonald will be reunited with Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who drafted him in St. Louis.

The New England Patriots have signed another free-agent wide receiver, this time former Cincinnati Bengal Kelley Washington. The Patriots gave Washington a five-year deal worth up to $22 million, including a $300,000 signing bonus. The deal is similar in structure to the one that Donte' Stallworth signed with the Patriots. It contains a $4 million roster bonus payment that the Patriots will have to decide whether they want to pay a year from now. Washington turned down the chance to play in Miami, opting instead for New England.

Likes like Brady will have an all-star cast to throw to. This also squashes the moss deal, one would think.

Either there's a decimal point missing from that Washington contract amount, or the Patriots have been slipped some highly potent shit.

Somehow I'm seeing Brady falling short of 2500 yards next season. Of course, I see that every year when they sign retread receivers, and it never happens. Bastard.

And speaking of Brady, did anyone hear confirmation of whether or not he's also knocked up Gisele Bundchen? :pervert: