NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Guest Bosstown Boy

The last NFL thread we had was the NFL Draft.

Whazupwitdat? :blink:

Well, I'm posting my very early pre-pre-season predictions.

AFC East

New England 12-4

Miami

New York Jets

Buffalo

AFC North

Pittsburgh 12-4

Baltimore * 11-5

Cincinnati

Cleveland

AFC South

Indianapolis 13-3

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Houston

AFC West

Denver 11-5

Kansas City * 10-6

San Diego

Oakland

---

Byes: Colts and Pats

Pittsburgh def. Kansas City

Baltimore def. Denver

New England def. Pittsburgh

Baltimore def. Indianapolis

New England def. Baltimore

NFC East

Washington 11-5

New York Giants * 10-6

Dallas

Philadelphia

NFC North

Chicago 11-5

Green Bay

Detriot

Minnesota

NFC South

Carolina 14-2

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

New Orleans

NFC West

Seattle 13-3

Arizona * 10-6

St. Louis

San Francisco

---

Byes: Carolina and Seattle

Arizona def. Washington

New York Giants def. Chicago

Carolina def. Arizona

Seattle def. New York Giants

Carolina def. Seattle

Super Bowl: New England vs. Carolina (Part Deuce!)

Reggie Bush runs for over 1,000 yards, but not by much.

Matt Leinart only plays a few games during blowouts, etc.

Ty Law signs with New England during pre-season.

Lawrence Maroney and Corey Dillon FTW.

Oh yeah, and Larry Johnson is a beast. 1,900 yards.

Edited by Bosstown Boy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltimore in the AFC finals after beating Indianapolis? I don't think so. I think Mcnair will either get injured or won't do as well as expected. And aside from Mcnair, I don't think the Ravens did enough to improve upon a team that won only 6 games last year.

Larry Johnson doesn't do as well because everyone knows how he plays as opposed to last year when he came out of nowhere to rush for 1700+ yards.

New York Giants meet the Indianapolis Colts in the finals. Manning vs. Manning, baby.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Baltimore in the AFC finals after beating Indianapolis? I don't think so. I think Mcnair will either get injured or won't do as well as expected. And aside from Mcnair, I don't think the Ravens did enough to improve upon a team that won only 6 games last year.

I really hope Carolina lives up to the expectations this year. Sure they made it close to the superbowl last year but got the shit beaten out of them by the Seahawks. Hopefully the addition of another good WR will bring us back to the Superbowl.

1. Baltimore def. Denver

2. New York Giants def. Chicago

1. McNair's broken down, Jamal Lewis is past it, the defense isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be, as has been said, they've not done enough to fix their weaknesses.

O-Line = most important area of the team. No o-line, no offence.

It takes more than jsut a secondary to have a good pass defense, hence me mentioning Alex Brown, you need a decent pass rush to put pressure on the QB, and the Bears have one of the best D-Lines in the league. They also came 2nd in defense last year, so Ravens 5th means a big fat fuck all (Chicago would've been first had the asinine decision to rest the starters for the final game of the season not been taken). Mark Clayton, good but not great. Mason's too old. and who the fuck's going to get them the ball when McNair breaks down AGAIN? and Mike Anderson needs to prove himself as a decent running back outside of Denver's "every back gets over 1k yards a season ebcause we cut block teh shit out of everyone" system.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Tha Patriots had several injuries to the offensive line last year and Tom Brady still had a career year passing wise. It did greatly affect the running game, however, which in turn affected the play action fake.

You can have a great pass blocking O-Line and not have a great run blocking O-Line.

Edited by Bosstown Boy

1. Baltimore def. Denver

2. New York Giants def. Chicago

1. McNair's broken down, Jamal Lewis is past it, the defense isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be, as has been said, they've not done enough to fix their weaknesses.

I'll agree on the second points :shifty:

As for the Ravens, I don't think it has anything to do with those factors. Reed and Lewis are back from injury, the pressure will be taken off of them by McNair, who definatly gives them a boost. Just look at how they played last year with injuries and bad QB play, the main factor is they play in, in my opinion, the toughest division in football. The Steelers, who have went backward, but still probably take the top spot. Marvin Lewis who designed the Raven's defense and has a very young group in Cinci and the only question is Carson, but he may be ok. And now you have the Browns having a very good off-season and you bring in ANOTHER great defensive coach. LeBaeu, Lewis, Crennel (sp?).... 3 very good defensives against a one dimensional offense that is the Ravens, regardless of McNair. McNair will do better passing, but he has no recievers that can challenge the secondaries of these teams down field. That is the problem.

O-Line = most important area of the team. No o-line, no offence.

It takes more than jsut a secondary to have a good pass defense, hence me mentioning Alex Brown, you need a decent pass rush to put pressure on the QB, and the Bears have one of the best D-Lines in the league. They also came 2nd in defense last year, so Ravens 5th means a big fat fuck all (Chicago would've been first had the asinine decision to rest the starters for the final game of the season not been taken). Mark Clayton, good but not great. Mason's too old. and who the fuck's going to get them the ball when McNair breaks down AGAIN? and Mike Anderson needs to prove himself as a decent running back outside of Denver's "every back gets over 1k yards a season ebcause we cut block teh shit out of everyone" system.

Edited by Livid

Sorry, but I was trying to more or less comment on his stuff, but I disagree on the downfield thing. Clayton could be considered more of a downfield reciever than a possession one and then there's also Clarence Moore who can stretch the field.

This is Grossman's last chance. If he gets injrued or screws up, he's out. You have to be fair to him though, he's hardly had chance to show what he can do. What I saw of him last season (second half against the Falcons mostly), he was pretty solid.

The Ravens are a mystery to everyone, even here in Baltimore. The general agreement is that we'll either be very good (like we should be on paper) or something will just not work out and we'll spend another offseason as our players get older trying to figure out what's wrong. It all comes down to health and playcalling. The problem with Boller is that he never felt confident in the system because Billick never let him become confident in it. A verteran is needed for the system Billick likes to run, as just about all his successful QB's have proven. Someone mature enough to handle it.

So now, my predictions.

AFC

EAST

New England Patriots

NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore Ravens

SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

WEST

San Diego Charagers

Kansas City Chiefs