The Dresden Dolls

triplexpac

I know there's another thread about them, but it's also about other bands. And it's old. So sue me.

Anyways, I liked the Dolls before, but never really loved them. I heard them live last night, and now I can safely say I LOVE them. They're so charismatic and fun. Anyone else like them?

They have some free tracks on their myspace, also check out http://www.automaticjoy.com/

They really support their community, and encourage recording shows to share with other people. And they do a mean cover of War Pigs.

Oh I must hear this "Mother" cover from them...

EDIT: The "Mother" cover's good but I'm not liking a lot of the Dresden Dolls band covers themselves. Maybe it's because Palmer seems to work best with an intimate type song rather than trying to overstretch her voice with a rock song akin to "No One Knows" or even "Karma Police".

Edited by ROC

Amazing band, even better life. I've been pimping them out for a while now ever since I first heard 'Coin Operated Boy'. They're weird, and take a few listens before the awesomeness actually sinks in, but some of their faster, more drum based stuff is shockingly good!

Tiger Lillies > Dresden Dolls, but even so, the Dresden Dolls are phenomenal. If I'd gone to see NIN the week before I did, I'd have got to see them supporting, which is a bit gutting.

Amazing band, even better life. I've been pimping them out for a while now ever since I first heard 'Coin Operated Boy'. They're weird, and take a few listens before the awesomeness actually sinks in, but some of their faster, more drum based stuff is shockingly good!