EHM Gains NHL License

Clawson

LONDON, UK -- May 10, 2004 -- SEGA Europe Ltd and Sports Interactive, the leading developer of sports management simulations, has secured a major endorsement of its forthcoming ice hockey management game by obtaining licenses from two of that sport's most influential bodies, the North American-based National Hockey League® (NHL) and the National Hockey League Players' Association® (NHLPA). As a result of the former, the game will now be known as NHL Eastside Hockey Manager.

These agreements give Sports Interactive the right to use all of the official names, logos and images of all teams and players involved in North America's top-flight professional game.

"While ice hockey is played and followed throughout the world, the NHL's teams and players are the game's elite," said Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. "We feel that these two agreements are crucial in that they will allow us to add the finishing touch of authenticity to what is already an exceptional game, thereby making it a 'must have' for all serious ice hockey fans across the globe."

Despite its new title, NHL Eastside Hockey Manager will represent the entire world of professional hockey, with the game currently planned to incorporate a total of 20 leagues from across the globe (licences pending) -- including multiple leagues from the US, Canada and Finland, the UK and Sweden and leagues in Austria, The Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Norway, and Slovakia.

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager, which will be Sports Interactive's first non-football game, has been in development since 2000, when it was originally conceived and produced as a shareware game by a team of Finnish enthusiasts led by Risto 'Riz' Remes. The game will feature a detailed and realistic game engine with in-depth hockey content including numerous world ice hockey leagues, players with detailed statistics and personalities and full management features for trading, drafts and transactions.

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager will be published by SEGA for Windows & Mac in July 2004.

http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=899

Definetly didn't see that coming but not having to get a roster pack for the players is awesome. I can't wait for the version to come out. Who cares if you have to pay?

Sounds good to me and that there is 20 leagues to play as if they have the OHL I am sure to be one to do a Ottawa 67's or a Mississauga Ice Dogs diary.

a couple questions though.

Will I be able to buy this in stores at say electronic boutique or future shop etc. in canada or is it a online buy only.

Sounds good to me and that there is 20 leagues to play as if they have the OHL I am sure to be one to do a Ottawa 67's or a Mississauga Ice Dogs diary.

a couple questions though.

Will I be able to buy this in stores at say electronic boutique or future shop etc. in canada or is it a online buy only.

As it is produced by Sega, I'm 99% sure you can buy it in stores. And the Belleville Bulls so kick ass in the OHL

This is awesome. I've been waiting to get this for SOOOO LONG. I can't wait. This is great too. Like Clawson said, no need to get roster packs. So that's cool. And in the OHL Brampton owns because of their logo. <_< What's the word on the other 18 leagues you can acctually play as a team from?

Would anyone be interested in an EHM league?

Me and Clawson are running one at the EWB Sports League boards if you wanna join...There's open spots, it's going pretty well this time, although you will have just missed out on FA signing. ;)

Guest ryan_the_canuck

The developer is Finnish, actually, and the game is still coming out of the UK, although it will be in stores in North America.

And Kitchener Rangers > *

The developer is Finnish, actually, and the game is still coming out of the UK, although it will be in stores in North America.

And Kitchener Rangers > *

A kid I grew up playing against got drafted by them. Don't know what happened to him now though... <_<