2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like I just told Plubby. Missing the playoffs is always a tough thing to deal with, but we were unfortunately ejected from the being pole-axed by Buffalo race by our Oldest Rival, no matter how much less a team they are than Montreal, they're still our fiercest and most bitter rival, and they were the most fitting team if any to end our season.

Toronto on the other hand had their season ended by a 5 foot tall bald man with the nickname Dube. I'd be bitter too.

Guest Grapehead

Ya Ottawa ALMOST blew a 4-0 lead... but they didn't. They played a really great 45 minute game(give or take). The problem was they sat back, and let New Jersey start controlling the forecheck and physical play. Ottawa will certainly not jump out to a 4-0 lead again in this series, and they certainly won't be so stupid as to sit back on any lead now. I doubt any game for the rest of the series will have nearly as many goals, as both goaltenders made some HUGE saves for their teams last night.

I'm so glad the Anaheim Vancouver series is in Vancouver now. The ice in Anaheim was awful. It didn't end up effecting the outcome, but was obvious on both goals as both Selanne and Naslund went down just because they were trying to skate in two inches of slush pretending to be an ice rink. It was embarassing and if the game had gone another overtime period I could easily see some injuries coming as a result.

Florida is pretty bad, and the ice in Dallas was not that much better. But I mean, it's not like you expect Florida, California, Arizona, and Texas to be good at making ice.

The problem with MSG is that it's a multi-use venue. They didn't have time to fix the ice from when the Killers came to town and their show was pretty ice melting, thus...

It'll be better for game four.

WHITE MACHISMO - "The ice in New York hasn't been all that good either though... and if I'm not mistaken, New York is pretty snowy.

This game has been really good. Lots of chances on both ends, and it looks like we're going to a third overtime period.

EDIT: FUCK YEAH! No third overtime because Roszival blasted one past Miller to win the game with 3 minutes left in OT2."

Sundin Reacts Strongly To Rumours

The rumour is that Sundin requires hip surgery that could end his career in the NHL. JFJ has said that the checks he has had were just routine, while Mats' agent JP Barry says that the rumours are just lies created to try and derail the contract negotiations going on between Sundin and the Leafs.

I really hope that the rumours are just rumours. Mats Sundin is literally my favourite hockey player, and I don't want to see him out of the NHL and I want to see him come back with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Simmons says he has a source that knows for a fact that Sundin needs the type of surgery that ended Mogilny's career. However, John Ferguson Jr. has stated that Sundin has yet to be looked at, and Sundin and his agent deny it.

Really, if Sundin needed this surgery (as he had complained a little about his hip through out the season) wouldn't he have missed some games if it was that serious? He did not even miss a practice because of it.

Ugh. The Canucks are choking badly against the Ducks, outplaying them for most of game 3 and for the first 2 periods of game 4 but collapsing late. Now I am worried.