Star Trek New Voyages

TMM

Star Trek New Voyages

Basically I just stumbled across this whilst on the Wrath of Khan IMDB board, and I downloaded the first episode to see what it's like. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I do like the idea of it.

It's basically continuing on from where the Original Series left off after it was cancelled after Season 3, so this is essentially suppose to be Season 4. So it's got Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Chekov, Uhura, Scotty and everyone from the original series with young random actors. But, the third episode actually has Walter Koenig in it, which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone's seen either of the episodes before.

EDIT: Not to mention the special effects look awesome for an internet production.

Edited by TMM

I've seen a Star Trek internet spin off before (Not this one), all the actors were fat and ugly, the special effects were horrible, the storylines were cheesy and uncomplicated.

Hopefully this one is good.

I've seen a Star Trek internet spin off before (Not this one), all the actors were fat and ugly, the special effects were horrible, the storylines were cheesy and uncomplicated.

Hopefully this one is good.

The actors look nothing like who they're suppose to be, which I think is a good thing personally, but I haven't yet seen how good/bad the acting is.

The episode with Koenig is apparently written by DC Fontana as well, which has got me interested.

EDIT: Just found out that George Takei wants to be in the next episode.

Edited by TMM

Just finished watching the first episode, and I've got to say, it wasn't bad. Obviously it wasn't perfect or near perfect, but I've seen much worst internet productions before.

The story wasn't to bad, fit in well with some of the corny Original Series storylines, although it's obviously setting up for a follow-up episode eventually.

The guy who was playing Kirk was way over the top. Scotty and Chekov's accents were bad. Rand was ugly. Other than that the cast wasn't bad. The guy who's playing Spock was ok. Although it's not that difficult to not show emotion really.

I liked it, I'm gonna watch the second one soon, and the third is gonna be released next month I believe, which I'm really interested in, if only just for Koenig.

Edited by TMM