Internal Battery in a Gameboy Color Game?

Dr. Rated-R

Yeah. So. A neighbor gave me an extra copy of Pokémon Gold today, when I was talking to him about stuff and noticed he had two copies. I was all "dude, why do you have two copies?" And he told me it was because one of them wouldn't save anymore. So he bought another. Knowing it was most likely just the internal battery, I asked him if I could have it, knowing the battery would probably cost less than the actual game. And uh, here we are. I managed to get the wretched Nintendo screw out of it, and uh, now I need to know just what the name of the type of battery is so I can like, know what to get at Radio Shack or wherever. Anybody know?

E-Mail Nintendo, they usually replace all internal batteries free.

EDIT: Also, found this on Wiki...

A common problem found in the Metal Generation of games (Gold, Silver, Crystal) is a problem with the internal battery after a few years. An internal battery is located inside of the cartridge which allows the game to save the user's progress. Many people have reported that their games no longer save, due to this problem. It is possible to fix this problem, but the cartridge must be opened and the battery must be taken out and a new battery must be soldered in. The battery can be purchased at any electronics store and the model is the CR2025.

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

E-Mail Nintendo, they usually replace all internal batteries free.

EDIT: Also, found this on Wiki...

A common problem found in the Metal Generation of games (Gold, Silver, Crystal) is a problem with the internal battery after a few years. An internal battery is located inside of the cartridge which allows the game to save the user's progress. Many people have reported that their games no longer save, due to this problem. It is possible to fix this problem, but the cartridge must be opened and the battery must be taken out and a new battery must be soldered in. The battery can be purchased at any electronics store and the model is the CR2025.