Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One

Guest Ringmaster

Yup, I can definitely echo the Danny love. He's the only character on the show I'll accept as a romantic interest for my lovely Jordan. Harriet is dire, and certainly the least funny member of the cast. Ditching her might actually make the sketches funny, but that's something which needs to be worked on immediately, since there's hardly anything amusing about the actual material they come up with.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I can definitely echo the Danny love. He's the only character on the show I'll accept as a romantic interest for my lovely Jordan. Harriet is dire, and certainly the least funny member of the cast. Ditching her might actually make the sketches funny, but that's something which needs to be worked on immediately, since there's hardly anything amusing about the actual material they come up with.

What!? :blink:

Harriet is probably one of the best character's on the show, IMO. I don't care if the sketches are drop dead hilarious or not, that's not the point of the show.

Guest Ringo Sparkles

Strange episode yesterday, what with the strange back and forth through time. I liked it though, it showcased all sorts of Danny awesome and Jordan greatness. Even Harriet was cool with her inability to tell a joke. The best part was easily Danny's interaction with the reporter though and OMG, THERE'S AN ACTUAL SWERVE AT THE END. Sure, it's no good, but Fitzy can't say I said swerve for no reason this time :shifty:.

Lucy and the black guy and the new guy who doesn't laugh were also awesome.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this episode too. I laughed so hard when they were rehearsing the water-spitting bit, was excellent. Matthew Perry is just always funny, and there were a lot of well-done group moments in this episode. The nameless horde of writers disappearing is definitely a good thing for the show, and I too like the new writer. Really encouraging stuff.

I'd rank this week's episode as one of the better episodes. But yeah, Psichosis, that ending was too predictable.

The skit with Howie Mandel was funny, but the problem is, its been about the only skit that's I've had more than a chuckle at since the first or second episode.

Someone said the focus of the show shouldn't be the skits, just like the sports highlights weren't the focus of SportsNight. I can agree with that, to an extent: Its kind of hard to make it believable that the show they put on on Studio 60 is popular when most of the skits come off about as bad as skits SNL had during their worst period.

Not a fan of Christine Lahti's character, by the way, but her scenes with Bradley Whitford were pretty good.

Someone said the focus of the show shouldn't be the skits, just like the sports highlights weren't the focus of SportsNight. I can agree with that, to an extent: Its kind of hard to make it believable that the show they put on on Studio 60 is popular when most of the skits come off about as bad as skits SNL had during their worst period.

Not a fan of Christine Lahti's character, by the way, but her scenes with Bradley Whitford were pretty good.