WCW 1991 Re-Imagined

TGC

Interested to see what ends up different from the original WCW '91, but it's good to see TGC back in his true element. This is an area that not too many in the Dome could really do justice.

Some thoughts:

--Some don't like the thought of Missy with the 'Birds...me, I love it. Why shouldn't "Purely Sexy" and Gorgeous Jimmy have the hottest woman in WCW coming to the ring with them?

--The Horsemen re-invented the whole face/heel dynamic, as they were probably the first heels that most fans wanted to cheer for. They've got their own classification, and that's illustrated beautifully here, with them caught between Sting/Luger and Doom. Nobody else could do that even today.

--Wondering how far the Tommy Rich mini-push might actually go...

--I must say I'm a bit surprised to see no Hands of Stone just yet.

--And finally, I'm wondering about where the booker's notes keep disappearing to.

Now, let's see if you can keep yourself torn away from business (or pleasure, FTM :P ) with Srar to keep up the workrate on this one. Like it thus far.

Now it's announced officially that Corny is in control. Alright.

Yay for Beautiful Bobby picking up the win. That's always good. But I'm still hoping for changes.

A great Horsemen interview always shines the brightest, and this is no exception. Though Dillon saying they're the smartest and then cutting to Sid is quite the redundancy.

It's almost overkill for Cornette to be giving Tony this much shit. Just saying.

Freebirds and Southern Boys was pretty much just a device to get the Steiners out there, but it worked, so that's fine.

"Chaarchy"? Sounds like a new kind of jerky.

I like Pillman damn near going crazy in the interview because he's tired of talking about Z-Man. It works to a T, really.

Z-Man needs to just get killed by Arn, as it should be. The time limit draw is cool enough though, because it continues the true old school feel. And now Arn is doing double duty at Clash, which means double the Arn and double the awesome. Awesome.

Really just seemed to be a show. Nothing new added, nothing old lost.

• 9 months later...