Orchestral+Choir Music.

Gongsun Zan

A great place to look is video game soundtracks, especially the asian versions. Biohazard and some of the Metal Gear stuff was good, and the extended soundtrack for Hitman has great instrumental pieces. The soundtrack for Star Wars films are good, and I have 10 discs worth of that if you're looking for that kind of stuff.

"The Planets" is a good one.

Erm, Mussorgsky's "Pictures At An Exhibition" is great too (Was originally all on piano, but there's plenty of full orchestral versions, it's what it's most famous for).

Try and find some Ennio Morricone film scores. He writes some beautiful stuff. Composing shit used on "Once upon A Time In America", "The Mission" (Never seen the film, but the music is sweet), "Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" and fucking "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly".

I'm currently going through a bit of a thing for the Mahler syphonies. Particuarly "Mahler 2"...it's like 80 minutes...but a sheer beauty.

A great place to look is video game soundtracks, especially the asian versions. Biohazard and some of the Metal Gear stuff was good, and the extended soundtrack for Hitman has great instrumental pieces. The soundtrack for Star Wars films are good, and I have 10 discs worth of that if you're looking for that kind of stuff.

I'm also always on the look out for tracks like these - or rather, the names of tracks like these, because I'll have no doubt heard them before but just didn't know what they were. >_>

Most of the meagre collection I've got have already been mentioned, except maybe 'Dance of the Knights' from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, which I've always liked. It's not choral, but meh. Neither is the 1812 Overture.

And as for game soundtracks, I have both the MGS1 and 2 ones, and really the only worthwhile track of this type is 'The Best is Yet To Come' from MGS1.

Edited by stokeriño