Lost Season Three Discussion Thread

CKN

Just my thinking...

What if Hurley is a spy for the Others? Think about it; he knows the numbers, he was the one they let go when they captured Jack, Sawyer and Kate, and it would be the perfect swerve. I don't think it would happen though, as they have showed so many clips on the plane that crashed.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my thinking...

What if Hurley is a spy for the Others? Think about it; he knows the numbers, he was the one they let go when they captured Jack, Sawyer and Kate, and it would be the perfect swerve. I don't think it would happen though, as they have showed so many clips on the plane that crashed.

Eh, Juliette's flashback didn't interest me much. The only thing about it that did interest me was that we're beginning to find out how they all started and what they're about. Her flashback just seemed too rushed. The island stuff was cool though.

Yeah, it's got to the point where I'm reluctant to care about any new characters or storylines, particularly things that seem incidental. I didn't care about Juliet's sister's pregnancy, nor about her ex-husband. Seeing Ethan randomly was good though, and I was prepared to give the institute director guy a bit of time since he'll probably end up being a major character.

Does anyone remember Jacob being mentioned before? He was mentioned very briefly in the episode I Do. Also, Karl & Juliet people. *grumbles to himself*

Also, an interesting fact concerning Jacob:

The Biblical character Jacob had twelve sons, one of whom was named Benjamin. Jacob was the patriarch of what became the 12 Tribes of Israel, people chosen by God to be "set apart" and special.

And Benjamin Linus is now the lead Other, so was Jacob in charge before?

And no,it's not the colonel for Malcolm In the Middle. It's Andrew Divoff.

Edited by PkmnHunterJ

I know some people didn't really like Juliette's flashback, and while I didn't think it was the greatest I was glad to see a flashback that actually meant something for once this season. The other 6 episodes the flashbacks really had been underwhelming to me, even Locke's episode which usually are so good. It felt like for the most part they were just putting them in because they had to. I guess that's to be expected when you start to flashback material for some characters or they wanted to focus more on the action, but this episode felt more like the previous season's where the flashback's meant more.

From the Video:

Juliet, Juliet it's me, I've been trying to contact you for years and warn you......since I knew they were coming to get you....since before you left.....this is the only way....communications out there Juliet. But Hanso has been doing experiments on humans for years. and you're in one....the (inaudible) experiment. You are one. We all are. The hanso foundation, the JWC, Widmore Corporation, Mittelos Biosciences. It's all the same Juliet. Over a century they've been in control they've been killing us. They were trafficking slaves in the 1800's not to sell....They're going to KILL YOU!....And they were the ones who commissioned Valenzetti....still doing experiments on humans......Just don't let them know that I contacted.....

Gregg Nations, one of the Lost Script Coordinators said that this site was unofficial and had nothing to do with them or with ABC over on thefuselage.com. The website appeared a couple of days before the show aired with a countdown that didn't quite work properly. It is quite well done and the bulk did appear just after it aired but it is unofficial.

The biggest clue about Mittelos is that Carlton and Damon said it was an anagram that would be a good clue. The anagram is Lost Time. Take from that what you will but it seems time is something central to the show as evidenced by Not In Portland.

Not only was Aldo reading A Brief History of Time, the audio in the brainwashing scene played backwards says 'Only fools are enslaved by time and space'. You can hear the audio here.

Edited by LBTN Killed Monkey?

I hope Sayid or Sun or someone shoots Juliet right in her one-expression-having face. She's melodramatic, smarmy, and totally uninteresting. Having her around makes me pine for Ana Lucia, who I loathe only slightly less.

Also, this season has sucked hard thus far, primarily due to the gaping logic holes, especially with Jack. He's alone with Tom watching Juliet and Ben talk -- why not stab Tom in the throat with a scalpel and make a run for it? And what does him having Kate recite the story do as far as reassuring him that she's free? She could be held at gunpoint and still be able to repeat it. To bottom line it, the cast is getting incredibly bloated and unwieldy with all the characters, and I hope a significant percentage are killed off before the end of the series. The in-depth characterization is what's driven this show and given it it's best moments, and the writing staff is very quickly losing sight of that.

Edited by Heel Turn

If people looked at my signature occasionally, you'd have already noticed the LOST Room 23 backwards video link.

Oh, and you know you love all my crazy theories, after todays episode, no doubt I'll have more.:)

Oh and who do I speak to about having these - jack.gif as proper smilies?

Edited by PkmnHunterJ

The Desmond flashback was quite interesting with all the stuff from his future popping up like the microwave beeper being the countdown clock in the hatch, Penny's father being the one to get Desmond on the "race around the world," the poler bears on the wall among other things. And even with the woman telling him that she couldn't save the guys life who got crushed under the wreckage, I still didn't expect the ending with Desmond informing Charlie that twice now he was supposed to die but it was Desmond who has saved his live, but he will die because he can't always be there to change the course of his life.

Edited by Fatherless Fitzy McIrish