The Russo Effect: Is this the "Turning Point" of TNA Wrestling!?

Guest slimlayzie

Sadly I also lost my feedback so I guess i'll have to revist in a short form (sorry dude but overall...I loved the show)

Genesis

Sonjay Dutt vs Chris Sabin - Your typical TNA opener with 2 solid wrestlers. Glad to say that Sabin went over and it was a top notch start. Plus it wasn't a car wreck either so I am grateful for that :)

Roode Vs. EY - personally it was solid. I love Roode's work so I always have a positive on a Roode match but I also liked the way you used EY. Expected finish.

3D won the elimination tag which was pleasing. They are supposed to be one of the best tag teams ever, you need to give them that respect. Good to see the James Gang going out like they should do, first. Kip and BJ are rather boring and I wish they'd Outlaw the Outlaw. AMW and 3D going as the final two always is a good way to end it, and the finish was solid. Good job.

Senshi retained, I'd have been suprised if Lethal had won. Lethal is ready just yet.

The Gauntlet Match was sweet, with a few suprises chucked in for good measure. Starr eliminating Jarrett is a sure way to make a name out of Starr, plus, he was one of the last guys to get eliminated. Very impressive. The match ending with Abyss Vs. Joe was definately one of the best ways to end it, and with a very suprising end to it too. Man who the hell knows how that is gonna turn out.

Good to see Christian/Rhino feud continuing. Good segment with Nash following.

Brown/Sting was a no brainer. If Brown had won, I'd have said it was a huge shock but the fact it was before the Angle match meant that it wasn't going anywhere exciting. Good match though and poor Monty loses again lol.

The Angle match, well, I had my suspicions by the end at let me tell you why. Firstly, if you look at the two groupings, you'd say, Steiner...hmm..Angle Styles Daniels, the better wrestlers. However, LAX have been instrumental recently and are on a good run. So Angle losing his second match, big shock! I sure bet he complained to the bookers here as Kurt Angle is far bigger than any of these "hacks". LAX should be given the time to grow and you've doe that nicely although seeing Rick Steiner turning up at the end, while your stereotypical end to a TNA show, Steiner doesn't hold much talent IMO. Nevertheless, it will be good to see a Steiner brothers reunion.

Overall a good show which I really enjoyed. I can't wait for your next dose of c-c-craziness! Keep the hard work up dude

So overall very good PPV

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Steiner ? yuck. If this were to go down in real life, I'd roll my eyes and say fuck you TNA. But this isn't, so I won't. I hope to God you've got something good in mind for this. Steiner was DONE in like '93 ....

PPV went down well, and actually the results are about what I expected you to have (which aren't what I posted before the PPV obviously)

momentum is key .... whatever you're doing with Rick, keep it at full steam until it's done ....

Guest slimlayzie

OOC: Thanks for the feedback on the ppv guys. I am going somewhere with Steiner, and honestly..the decision to bring him in was based on the fact that TNA had wanted to do a Steiners reunion at BFG and have them face Team 3D...but Scott hadn't settled the contract yet. (still don't think he has) I decided I want to keep things close to realistic, and want to add my style to the mix...but stay true to the Russo style aswell. Rick's involvment is already set in stone for the next few months, but he's not set to be a long term "investment".

IPB Image

TNA Impact Preview - 11/30/06

Sunday night TNA unleashed a Genesis on the wrestling world, and this thursday night on Spike Tv we will find out what kind of fallout is to occur!

Genesis ended with LAX standing tall in the middle of the ring after Homocide pinned Christopher Daniels to win the six man tag for his team. Konnan and his group of thugs then descimated AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, before burying them under mexico's flag. Konnan was said to be in a very good mood after the Genesis pay per view, and has declared that he plans to dedicate this Thursday's Impact broadcast to Latino Nation. What does the leader of the tag team champions have in store for TNA on thursday? Tune in to find out!

The main event saw A determined Kurt Angle on the verge of victory, when the brother of one of his opponants showed up to spoil the evening for Kurt. How will Rick Steiner "impact" TNA wrestling? Is this a one time deal? or are a formerly dominante tag team duo going back to thier roots? We hope to get the answers this week on Impact!

Genesis saw many surprises unfold...one of which had to be the performance of the talented and flamboyant Austin Starr. Starr was one of the final three men standing in the Gauntlet match, and even eliminated former NWA World Heavyweight Champion "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett! Can Austin keep it going on Impact this week? He'll have to be ready to go, when he tangles with the former X Division champion, "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams!

After both men has been eliminated from the Gauntlet Sunday night, Christian Cage and "The War Machine" Rhino continued to brawl backstage, even injury TNA official Jerry Lynn and TNA referee "Slick" Johnson in the melee'. As a result of the pair tearing the backstage area apart, and injury to TNA officials, The public face of TNA Jim Cornetee has decreed that both men are to barred from the Impact Zone this thursday night. Should either man show up...they will be suspended indefantly, without pay, on the spot!

After the Gauntlet match ended in a draw, via double DQ, Jim Cornette realised he had a decision to make. He made one, right on the spot. TNA's next pay per view entitled "Turning Point" will feature a one on one showdown between "The Monster" Abyss and "The Somoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe! Can Joe keep his winning streak in tact against argueably his most daunting challange to date? Is there anyway that if these two cross paths on thursday TNA officials will be able to prevent the two men from killing eachother?

Team 3D won the four way tag team contendership match at Genesis Sunday night, and as a result are now officially reconised as the number one contenders to the NWA World Tag Team Titles! Team 3D will have to wait until Turning Point to get thier shot, but we will hear from the new number one contenders this thursday night on Impact!

"Big Money" Bobby Roode had a respectable showing at Genesis, winning his match with Eric Young to gain enterance into the Gauntlet match. The Gauntlet itself didn't go as planned for the up and comer, but he will be looking for retribution this thursday night when he goes one on one with Ron "The Truth" Killings!

Finally, after Chris Sabin turned his back on Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt at Genesis, Kevin Nash and the Paparrazzi invited the man out on the town with them. We will see the return of Paparrazzi Productions this thursday night, in the form of a video that caught what went down on thier night on the town. We've yet to see the tape yet, but from what we hear...the night took a turn that Chris Sabin did not see coming.

Don't miss all the action this Thursday night, when TNA brings presents your 60 minute adrenaline rush...TNA Impact! Only on Spike Tv!

Confirmed for Impact!

"Big Money" Bobby Roode -vs- Ron "The Truth" Killings

Petey Williams -vs- Austin Starr

Team 3D speaks about being the new #1 contenders

Paparrazzi Productions latest video

LAX declares "Latino Nation" night!

Guest slimlayzie

TNA News from around the web

The following are stories that are confirmed or strongly beleived to be accurate, unless otherwise noted

Angle Mad about Genesis finish?

Despite various reports to contrary, Kurt Angle was not that upset about the finish to the main event at the ppv the other night. Once Angled learned of the finish he went directly to Vince Russo to talk about it and voice his opinion, this lead to reports about him being angry. Those, according to many sources including several TNA wrestlers back stage, are exaggerated claims.

Angle did voice the opninion that with it being his first match, he felt he should go over. Russo and Jeff Jarrett sat down with Angle and laid out thier upcoming plans for Kurt, and he was freely allowed to voice disaproval of what he didn't agree with. Reports are one or two things where changed to Angle's liking, but overall he liked the plan Jarrett and Russo had laid out for him.

Kurt did state that he would not be the one to get pinned in the match, but that was never the plan to begin with.

Gensis Main Event finish changed

Originally AJ Styles was set to be the one to get pinned in the main event last night, Styles went to Russo and talked to Daniels, getting the ending changed to Daniels doing the j.o.b.

There isn't beleived to be any friction about it, Styles mentoined he took the pin via a gringo killa at the Bound For Glory event, and with the fact that AJ has been working through upper back and neck pain the last few weeks (due to an training accident) he didn'y want to take the Gringo Killah again right now. Daniels was said to completely fine with the change, and didn't complain to anyone about it.

Raven gone from TNA!?

Vince Russo has decided to take Raven off of TV for the time being, due to a disagreement over Raven's current physical state. Russo wanted to make Raven a manager until he could get himself in better cardiovascular shape, Raven refused.

He is still under contract to TNA, and will be paid a base salery minimum so his services couldn't be acquired by WWE, incase there is any interest in him for the ECW promotion. Russo told Raven to hit the treadmill, and come back when his stamina was better. No idea if this will be last we hear of Raven in TNA, or if time will eventually resolve this matter.

Starr in line for change/push.

Vince Russo has become high on Austin Starr rather quickly, and that was the reasoning behind Starr having such a strong showing in the gauntlet, even eliminating Jarrett. Jarrett and Russo booked that together, as Jarrett seems to enjoy Starr aswell.

There is alot of talk that this will lead to Starr changing his current gimmick abit. Although Russo enjoys the character of Starr aswell, he beleives the over-flamboyance of the gimmick could hurt Starr's chances of being seen as more than a "joke" character. Starr is expected to keep the gimmick, but it will likely be toned down quite abit in order to seem Starr appear more "serious" to the fans.

Joe unhappy about Gauntlet finish

Somoa Joe wasn't very pleased about the double DQ ending to the gauntlet. Although Joe stated he had no problem continueing the storyline with Abyss (which is what's expected to happen) he felt that after all the build for the match, an ending like the one that occured would piss off alot of fans.

Joe wasn't said to be angry or anything, but he didn't hide the fact that he thought the finish should be changed. He was heard telling Russo that the DQ ending "really sucked".

Sabin to be transformed

Sabin is expected to adopt new ring gear and a new hair style to go along with his new heel character. Sabin has also been talking to Scott D'Amore (who currently handled TNA's house shows in the states) about adding a few moves to his every match repitore that are "more bad guy".

Sabin discussed the angle and his current plans with Russo prior to Genesis, was said to be very "excited" about future for his character.

Russo growing on TNA Locker room

With the exception of a few guys, Raven for one, Vince Russo has has been seemingly gaining support in the TNA locker room. Many are still said to feel "cautious" regarding the whole thing, but most in the locker room feel he has done a good job thus far.

Guest slimlayzie

IPB Image

The Impact! eXperience

11-30-06

Hosts: Mike Tenay & Don West

By: Patrick Quinlan

So Genesis has come and gone. Rick Steiner is in TNA now for some damn reason, there was no #1 contender crowned, and LAX ended the show looking like stars. This show is supposed to focus on LAX heavily, so we'll see what happens.

This is TNA...The new face of professional wrestling!

We get an opening video that highlights the events of the PPV, and cut to Jeremy Borasch backstage. He's about to talk when LAX walks by and punks his whiteboy ass out, Latino nation style! Jeremy cowars, and Impact starts NOW!

After the usual opening the Shotguns are a cockin' and LAX makes thier way to the ringside area. There's confetti drapped accross the ropes, and a big Mexican flag hanging about 15 feet over the ring. They trio enter the ring and K-dawg got himself the mike, yo.

Konnan wants all use gringos out there to know that tonight is all about Latino Nation, it's a celebration of thier latino pride. He runs down the hitlist, saying Styles and Daniels couldn't hang, neither could those "flakes" the Naturals. He says TNA's so called savior, Kurt Angle proved to be nothing more than LAX's bitch at Genesis. No one can beat them, and more importantly...no one can stop them! He says tonight they party for thier cause. Latino's are taking over the states, and LAX is taking over TNA. Homocide has a bottle of tequila in his hands, and wants to toast...but ya know...in a "gansta" way.

Cue the run down. America's Most Wanted hit the ring and the brawl is on. Konnan heads for the hills, probably lookin for that damn slapjack. Harris ends up SHATTERING the bottle over Cide's head! Hernandes gets the better of Storm, until Harriss comes over and they double team him. Superkick to Hernandes, Konnan is in and gets dropped with a clothesline, then rolls back outside again. K looks pissed! Cide is busted open, and LAX retreat up the ramp while AMW challange them to get back in. They don't, so Harris gets a mike.

He wants a match with LAX, right here, tonight. He doesn't care if AMW aren't the number one contenders, LAX has been ducking them after what they did to Gail back before BFG. Tag titles, no tag titles...whatever. So long as they can give LAX the asskicking they deserve. Storm says he "sorry bout your damn luck".

After a commercial break Tenay and West wonder what LAX will do in response, and if the match will take place tonight. Bobby Roode is on his way to the ring, and it's time for our first match.

"Big Money" Bobby Roode w/Mike Sanders -vs- Ron "The Truth" Killings

Roode and Killings circle to start, and lock up with Roode over powering Ron. Roode poses, cause he's proud of himself ya know. Ron with a lockup into a knee to the gut, punches and chops by Killings, then a back kick. Scoop and a slam by Truth, and he works over Roode in the corner. Bobby fights back with some punches, then clotheslines. Killings counters a punch and hits a stalling powerslam. Cover gets a two count. Vertical suplex is reversed and Roode hits it on Ron instead. Bobby with a running elbow, boots to Killings. Roode stays on the offensive for the next two minutes or so, with mainly punches, chops and clotheslines. Plus a few kicks too, gotta mix things up. Killings does his corner reversal flip over, then hits a jumping side kick. Killings goes up top and gets a missle dropkick for a two count. Axe kick is countered and Roode hits the Nothern Lariat on Killings! Cover gets a two count. Roode goes for the Pay Day (Roll the Dice) but Killings counters and hits a DDT on Roode. Killings to the corner but Sanders is there to distract him, Ron punches Sanders off the apron, but falls victum to a BIG TIME Northern Lariat from Roode for the victory! Roode then helps Sanders to his feet and they pose.

Winner: Bobby Roode.

Match Thoughts: Pretty paint by numbers stuff here. Nothing that stands out, but that also means it didn't stand out in a bad way either. Roode's push is happening, and we'll see if Russo's infamous A.D.D. puts an end to it anytime soon. **

We quickly cut backstage after the match and Jeremy Borasch is there with "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown. Monty wants us to know that Sting got lucky at Genesis, but you can never count the Alpha Male out of the hunt. Remember, this is his Serengeti, and he'll be damned if he'll let another man rule over it. It's time for Monty to fulfill his destiny, and become the NWA Champion. He says if he was to go through all the other so called contenders to get his shot again, he will...and he'll do it with a POOUUNCE!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!! Cue commercial!

Back from commercial and Jeremy Borasch is on my damn TV again! ARGH! This time he's with Jim Cornette. Cornette says Genesis was a magical night, and TNA is in for plenty more of them. He's tonight is a special night too. Not because it's Latino Nation Appreciation night, like LAX wants it to be. But because tonight we WILL have an NWA World Tag Team Titles match on Impact! He says AMW will not only get the match they want, but it will be for the titles they want too. He says Team 3D are already gauranteed thier shot at Turning Point, and who ever wins tonight will face Team 3D and put the titles on the line at the ppv.

Tenay and West think this is huge news, you know. So they hype it up. That will be our main event tonight. They spend time discussing Turning Point, then look back at Genesis to what happened in the main event. They talk about Austin Starr and the wierd looking basterd is up now.

Petey Williams -vs- Austin Starr

They start off with a sequence of go behinds and keep countering eachother;s attempted moves. Petey with a wild punch that misses, and German's him, and Petey lands on his FACE! Cover gets a very early two count. Starr plays the crowd and Petey rolls outside to regain his compusure. He uses the full ten count before getting back into the ring and they lock up. Petey backs him into the corner, and unloads some Canadian aggression in the form of knife edge chops. Starr has enough and he unleashes his own. Petey stomps on Starr's foot...hahaha...then hits a Fisherman's suplex (Perfect Plex) for a two count. Stomps by Petey, then a snap suplex. Tosses Starr into the rope, but hits turnbuckle on the way in, and Starr rolls him up for a two count. Floatover T-Bone gets a two for Starr, nice! Suplex by Starr, followed by the Penduluam elbow. Another two count though. Left hands from Starr, but Petey dropkicks the knee to stop that, running dropkick to the face of the fallen Starr. Hey! Fallen Starr! HA! Petey hangs him in the tree of woe...it's NUT STOMP TIME! Sing along at home baby....OH CANADA! Petey's says it's time...Canadian Destroyer is back dropped out of. Petey up and Starr meets him with a kick to gut...Starr Busa! is countered, roll up by Petey gets a close two! HARD lariat by the Southpaw Starr on Petey! He motions for the 450, but Jarrett is out and he shoves Starr off the top ropes and back into the ring for the DQ.

Winner: Austin Starr via DQ.

Match Thoughts: Was abit on the short side, but I suppose that was the point. A good little tv match though, and we'll see where the Jarrett/Star thing leads us. I wish they would do something more with Petey though! **

Jarrett pulls a Guitar from under the ring, (lucky for him that was there...huh?) and Absolutely Kills Starr dead with it! That be the best Guitar Shot I've ever seen Jarrett give, or his victum take...Superb! Petey looks annoyed, but decided to just leave it alone and leaves anyway. Jarrett taunts Starr for a moment...

Jarrett grabs a microhpone and clears up something for us stupid fans. Him being eliminated by Starr was a total fluke, and if he had seens Starr "sneak" up behind him he would of been the one to eliminate Starr! He wants Austin to know that he needs to stay out of the King of the Mountains way, or he'll wind up getting hurt.

Tenay and west talk about how cowardly JJ is, and we go to another commercial.

Back from Commercial with Team 3D in the backstage area. Brother Ray says it doesn't matter who they face at Turning Point, because Turning Pooint is about the match, so much as the destination the match will allow them to reach. To have the honour of knowing they have won every tag team title that means anything in wrestling. They did ECW, WWE and WCW. Now for the one that REALLY matters...the NWA Tag Team Championship. They will cement themselves has the best tag team ever at the ppv....cue D-von, OH MY BROTHER.....TESTIFY!

We immediatly cut to the "Paparrazzi Productions" logo, as Paparrazzi Productions presents: "Chris-ened." We see Nash, Shelley, Devine and Sabin having drinks at some bar. Wait...it's not a bar, it's a strip joint...wrestlers and thier titty bars. Nash thinks they should all buy Sabin a lap dance, cause he had such a busy night. Sadly...we don't get to see the lapdance, as the camera cuts to Nash talking into the camera. He loves strippers, he says his old buddy Sean used to love strippers too, until he took a bad trip to "China"....HA! Get it!? Later Sabin looks drunk, and is they are walking away from the joint, Nash appears to be holdin the camera, and Shelley and Devine are walking behind Sabin. Nash tells them, "it's time", and Shelley knocks Sabin to the ground. and He and Devine put a few good kicks on him. Nash walks over, still holding the camera, and puts his boot across Sabin's throat. Nash says Sabin must be thinking he was stupid for coming out with them tonight, but Sabin needs to take it easy on himself. Coming out tonight was the smartest move he ever made. Because, this isn't a beat down...it's an innitation. Only the best get offered a job at Papparrazzi Productions, and Shelley, Devine and himself think Sabin has what it takes. But they need to know right now if he's willing to join thier family. He removes his boot, then helps Sabin to his feet. Shelley takes the camera and Nash wants the answer, Sabin shoves nash to the ground, and then helps him up...telling him he accepts. Nash is pleased, and it's group hug time...how cute.

Back at the impact Zone and Tenay and West wonder what this means for Sabin and Nash's group. We get a recap of the LAX/AMW happenings from earlier, and are reminded that the match is our main event.

Suddenly there's a commotion in the crowd, and we cut to Abyss and Samoa Joe brawling in the crowd. They exhcnage rights and make thier way to the ringside area. Joe tosses Abyss over and then heads over himself, they make thier way into the ring and Joe chops away, Abyss goes for a chokeslam but Joe counters. Joe goes off the ropes and Abyss hits the Blackhole Slam on Joe! Abyss poses, and doesn't see Joe get back up a few moments after taking the move, Abyss turns into a leaping yakuza kick from Joe, that sends the "Monster" to the outside. Abyss looks to get back in, but James Mitchell appears and prevents him from entering the ring. Joe plays the crowd, and it's commercial time.

America's Most Wanted -vs- The Latin American Xchange (NWA World Tag Team Championship)

We get the super special in ring announcment for this match, and it was kinda funny watching the ref prevent these guys from going at it before Borasch (Who's on my TV AGAIN!) finished. All four men brawl to start, and it's breaking down in the Impact Zone! AMW send LAX to the outside via dual over the top clotheslines and looked pumped tonight! Think we'll see a title switch? Tenay and West mull it over and we've got to take our last commercial break.

Back from Commercial with Cide controlling Storm in the ring. Harris and Hernandes are still brawling on the outside. We're shown a video clip of during the break, which saw Storm in control, until Konnan tripped him up and Cide hit the diamond cutter on him. Back to live action and Cide has a chinlock on Storm. Storm fights to his feet, but Cide uses the hair of the Wildcat to bring him back to the mat. Storm tries to fight his way again, but anothr hair pull drops him again. Harris has gotten the advantage on Gernades on the outside, so he slides in to break the hold of Cide. Double team suplex on Cide by AMW. Hernandes back in and he clotheslines them both down. Crackerjack! to Harris! But Storm nails Hernandes with a superkick. Cide clubs on storm from behind, back suplex by Cide gets a two count. Fists and chops in the corner, and the other two are finally in thier corners. Snap suplex by Cide, and a tag to Hernandes. Press slam by Hernandes, then a running elbow drop. Tough guy look pose from Hernandes, and he gets Cide back in. Fists by Cide, until Storm counters and nails one of his own, then gets the Eye of the Storm! Both men down though, and Storm tags in Harris. Clothesline to Cide, then one to Hernades, repeat and rinse! Hernandes set to the outside. AMW looking for the Death Sentance, but Cide fights out of it, and then shoves Harris off the top rope to the floor. Storm spinebusters him though, and then goes outside to help his partner. Harris is back in and He misses a clothesline, Diamond cutter is clocked and Harris gets the Catatonic! Cover is broken up by Hernandes. All four men brawling now, and Storm and Hernandes both tumble to the floor. Konnan nails Storm with the Slapjack on the outside. Back inside Storm goes for the Catotonic again, but Cide counters into a diamond cutter attempt, Harris shoves Cide off, and Cide bumps into the ref. Konnan uses this to slide in and Nails Harris with the Slapjack! Cide covers and the recovers to make the three count.

Winners: LAX (Retain titles)

Match Thoughts: Good Tag Team affair here, I love good old fashoined Tag Team WRESTLING! See people...it is possible to have a Good Tag Team match, AND a good tag team division! AMW is a little wierd right now though...they where Heels at the pay per view, cheating to win. But tonight where played as total baby faces. Wonder if they'll turn them? They could have them play the tweener role, they're established enough with TNA's main audience that it could work. ***

After the match the beatdown of AMW continues, and Hernandes even press slams Gail Kim to the floor! Kurt Angle is in now! Olympic Slam to Cide! Hernandes gets clotheslined to the outside! LAX retreats, while AMW rolls to the outside to gather themselves. Angle has a microphone.

Kurt says "Now who's the bitches!?" Angle is here to Challange Steiner, he tells Scott to get his ass out here now, and he can even bring his brother. Steiner doesn't appear, so Angle calls him a coward. He lays out the challange to Scott, anywhere anytime. He came to TNA to be the best of the best, and it's going to take alot more than the Steiner Brothers reunion to derail that cause. So when Scott grows a pair, all he has to do is come out here, and Kurt will follow. It's real...It's DAMN real!

Tenay and West wonder if we'll hear from Steiner next week, and if the challange will be excepted. We get a music video recapping the show, and that's all for this week folks. See ya next week!

Final Thoughts: Solid Impact. The two early matches where nothing really...but the main event was given decent time and they put on a good match. You have to imagine next week will be a jam packed show though, they only have a three week gap between Genesis and Turning Point. Meaning there's only two more Impacts now. They only match actually announced is Team 3D -vs- LAX for the tag titles. But the seeds are there. Plus, Joe -vs- Abyss is a gaurentee anyway. No mentoin of the X title this week though, and no Sting. We'll see what they do with both at the pay per view.

Global Impact Taping

Eric Young defeated David Young via Wheelbarrell neckbreaker @ 5:06

EWR Stats:

Overall: 78

Segment of the Night: Angle interview.

Guest slimlayzie

IPB Image

TNA Impact Preview: December 06, 2006

This Thursday night on Impact things are bound to get heated, with less than two weeks until TNA Presents Turning Point on Pay Per View!

Last week Kurt Angle issued the challange to Scott Steiner, will "Big Poppa Pump" answer the challange that Kurt has laid out? Also, how can Angle expect a leval playing field when Scott's brother Rick is likely to be by his side?

After Jeff Jarrett attacked Austin Starr last week on Impact! The young up and comer has issued a challange to the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion for the Genesis PPV. Will "The King of the Mountain" except the talented young Starr's proposal for a match at Turning Point?

After falling short at Genesis, "The Alpha Male" has made his intentions to run through the list of possible contenders on his way back to the top. The former NFL linebacker claims he will make his presence felt this week when Impact hits the airwaves.

Last week Rhino and Christian Cage were kept out of the Impact Zone, but this week both men will be there! Can TNA officials keep these two former friends turned bitter rivals apart from eachother? It may be hard, seeing as "The War Machine" will be in action this week, only on Impact!

Also this week, After Genesis saw Chris Sabin turn his back on his two friends, by costing Jay Lethal his chance to become X Champion, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal have challanged any two members of the Paparrazzi to a tag team affair. Which two members will partake? Will Sabin use the oppertunity to duck out of the match?

And with just under two weeks until they get thier shot at the NWA Tag Team Championship, Team 3D will be in action. The number one contenders will do battle with the up and coming duo of "Maverick" Matt Bently and Kazerian.

Don't miss all the action, plus more announced matches for Turning Point, this week on Impact! Ofcourse, like every week, Impact comes to exclusively on SpikeTv!

Confirmed Matches

Paparrazzi -vs- Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal

Team 3D -vs- Bently & Kazerian

Rhino in one on one competition.

This is turning out to be an awesome TNA diary. I really love the writing and I like to see the way you head to the new year to see how it compares to my TNA diary. Overall, like I said the writing was good and I do believe the direction in the storylines are turning out pretty good as well. The graphics aren't that good, but its not bad to have some every so often. Other than that, this diary is looking sweet. Oh yeah, one other thing....

RICK STEINER!!!! UGH! Lol.

Guest slimlayzie

OOC: Thanks for the reply Evansfan, I appreciate it. I'm still getting the hang of my graphics program...not the one I'm used to.

Apologies for this taking a few days longer than it should of...I just got lazy...it happens. I got a few posts to make in the next fews hours though. thanks.

IPB Image

The Impact! Xperience

12-07-06

Hosts: Mike Tenay and Don West

I know something you don't know! Unless, ofcourse, you read the spoilers...then the hell with ya! It does have me excited for the pay per view though! Continue on, cause it will all unfold!

This is TNA...The new face of professional Wrestling!

We open up with Jeremy Borasch backstage with AJ Styles, Jeremy asks what's next for the only Triple Crown winner in TNA history? Styles says he feels like he's done it all, but he also believes he hasn't done all he can. He feels the sky is the limit for him, and says what ever he decides to do next, he knows he can excell. The topic of LAX and the beatdown after the ppv is brought up, and Styles says oe thing for certain, LAX hasn't seen the last of AJ Styles. Jeremy wants to know if he and Daniels are going to remain a tag team, AJ says he's not sure. The team was about respect, and he still has that same respect for Chris that created the bond, and allowed them to be such a great team. Jeremy asks him if he has given any thought to going after the NWA Title, or returning to the X Division. Before AJ can answer Senshi steps into the frame, he tells AJ he should stay clear of the X Division, if he knows what's good for him. Styles wants to know if Shi is afraid of the competition, and wonders if Senshi fears him. But Shi fears no man, damn it! Senshi says all AJ has to do is ask, and he can have his title shot, anytime...anyplace. AJ Says he just may do that, and goes to walk away...but Senshi isn't done with his punk ass, and levals him from behind! Shi tosses him into the lockers and then applies the Dragon Clutch! Officials swarm and get Shi off, as Daniels shows up and attends to the fallen AJ. Borasch is in shock...but not too shocked to inform us that Impact starts, NOW!

We get the usual opening video and then Tenay and West wonder what will come of what transpired. But not time to dwell, it's time for our opening contest!

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal -vs- The Paparrazzi (Shelley & Devine)

Dutt and Shelley start off and the lock up. Cruiserweight reverse sequence and both men stand off. Series of armdrags and reversals until Shelley takes him down with a stiff right. Boots in the corner, and Shelley with an arm bar. Dutt counters a scoop up and snaps off a reverse rana, tag to Lethal who hits a hip toss into a sit down dropkick. Snap suplex by Lethal, Shelley rakes the eyes and stomps on the foot, DDT by Shelley. Tag to Devine, scoop and a slam. Drops a few elbows and covers for a two count. Suplex by Devine, irishwhip into a cross body for another two. Lethal retaliates with a dropkick and then DDTs Devine. Uptop...Diving headbutt connects. Cover but Shelley makes the save. Devine gets the tag, as does Lethal and Shelley and Dutt exchange rights in the ring. Dutt snaps off a hurricanrana, then gets the sprinkler rope walk into a flying chop on Shelley. Uptop goes Dutt, but Nash is here to get the ref's attention, and Sabin sneaks in and DDTs Dutt of the ropes. Shelley disposes of Lethal, and Dutt falls victum to a Sliced Bread #2 by Shelley for the three count.

Winners: The Paparrazzi

After the match Sabin enters the ring and puts the boots to Dutt, Nash is now and picks up Lethal...Jackknive on Lethal! Cradleshock to Dutt! They all leave, and officials come down to check on Dutt and Lethal. Those officials are getting a good ol' fashoined workout tonight!

Match Thoughts: Nothing much, an action packed exchange, but it only lasted about 4 mins. ** I guess, you can't really go higher for a sub five minute match.

Commercials are part of the ADRENELINE RUSH!

Back from Commercial and Tenay and West announce Kevin Nash & Chris Sabin -vs- Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal for the Turning Point PPV. There are camera's ALL OVER the place baby, and earlier today they caught a face to face between Kurt Angle and NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting!

The video rolls and Angle is at the catering table getting a Gatoraide...Product Placement baby! Sting walks into the picture, not in tights, but wearing the face paint none the same, and he Kurt stare at eachother for a moment. Angle walks over and they staredown face to face, until Angle smiles, and jokingly shoves Sting. Sting is happy to finally come face to face with Kurt, without it being in a match like at Bound For Glory. Angle says he's always been a fan, and appreciates the compliment. Angle wants to know how it feels to be a champion again, and Sting says it's great. Stinger wants to know if it's ok to offer a little advice to Kurt, and he says sure. Sting's dealt with Steiner in the past, and he's not to be taken lightly, espacially with his brother around to watch his back. Angle appreciates the warning, but says he can handle Scott, and if he has to go through Rick first, he will. Sting nods, and tells his good luck, and then walks away. ok..

Back and Tenay and West talk about the feeling of seeing two greats like Sting and Angle having a conversation like that. They go on for another minute, but it's back to the ring.

Rhino -vs- A1

A1 charges and clubs away on Rhino, before Rhino is able to toss him away, another charge and A1 clotheslines him down. A1 poses and turns around, by which point Rhino is back up and hits a spinebuster. Cover gets a two count. Irishwhip by Rhino is reversed, and A1 misses a clothesline and then is completely GORED! to hell! ...1...2...3! That was quick.

Winner: Rhino

Rhino is still celebrating in the ring when Christian Cage is seen standing at the entrance way, Rhino challangs him to come down, and Cage looks about to when he suddenly stops. Monty Brown slides in from the other entrance way and attacks Rhino, eventually POOOUUUNCE!ing the poor mortal before him. Cage smiles and leaves, and Brown graps a mic and says six words! "Christian Cage! Your ass is next"

Match Thoughts: Rhino killed A1...I'm fine with that. Squash!

Tenay and West discuss how Monty said he'd make his pressance known, and Rhino defiantly knows Brown is here after that.

Cut backstage and AJ Styles is getting banddadged up, Christopher Daniels is there and the two appear to be arguein. Daniels says Styles is in no condition to challange Senshi right now, and volunteers to do it for him. Styles says he can handle it, and Daniels will have to wait until AJ is X champion to get his shot. Daniels wasn't volunteering for a title shot, he was volunteering to help his partner. AJ says Senshi is the one who will need help after he gets through with him. Jim Cornette appears and says that if they both want a shot at Shi, they can both have an oppertunity at getting it. It'll be AJ Styles -vs- Christopher Daniels TONIGHT! Winner faces Senshi at Turning Point. Daniels looks reluctant, but AJ says that's fine with him. Chris goes to say something, but AJ cuts him off and tells him he should really be getting ready for the match right now. Commercial TIME!

"Maverick" Matt Bently & Kazerian -vs- Team 3D

Before the match can even begin, LAX hits the ring and attacks Team 3D. Kazerian and Bently get tossed to the outside as Konnan directs the beatdown iinside the ring. Brother Ray gets slapjacked, as Bently and Kazerian decide it's best to just walk away. BIG powerbomb on D-von by Hernandes, and Konnan has the flags to bury Team 3D in. Suddenly America's Most Wanted hit the ring and start brawling with LAX. AMW gets the upperhand and sends LAX into retreat. Team 3D get to thier feet and AMW and Team 3D stare off...mouthing off at eachother, and slowly both teams back away.

Winners: No Contest

Match Thoughts: What match? Bell never did ring, so obviously no rating...but LAX loves to kill gringos, and the beatdown was fine.

As Team 3D gather themselves and leave the ring, Austin Starr makes his way down, carrying a mike. Tenay and West put over Team 3D and AMW's past, as Starr gets into the ring and talks. Starr says he came to TNA to become a larger than life Star! To show the world how good he is, and what he can do in this ring. He feels he did that at Bound For Glory, and then again at Genesis. BTW: Starr is wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and doesn't have any damn make up on...but that hat! he still has that UGLY ass hat! Back to the promo though. He says He was one of the final three in the Gauntlet match at Genesis, and even eliminated the former NWA Champion Jeff Jarrett. So how does JJ respond? he sneaks up and attacks Starr after a match. Starr says Jarrett is a punk, and he's afraid of anyone who might steal the spotlight from him. We'll Starr wants everyone to know he's not here to steal anything...he's going to take it! Right from those who currently hold it, and JJ is one of those people. Starr challanges JJ to a match at Turning point. Jarrett comes out and stands utop the stage, he says Starr is biting off more than he can chew, but he'l get his match. And after JJ destroys Starr, he's going to reclaim what's rightfully his...the spotlight AND the NWA Championship.

Tenay and West talk about how big a moment in Starr's carear beating the former NWA champion would be, if he can do it. It's commercial time people!

Back from commercial as the siren's fill the arena, The Steiner Brothers make thier way to ring and Scott says that if Angle wants a peace of them, all he has to to do is get his ass out here. Kurt Angle appears and he says it's time to make it official. He challanges Scott to a match at Turning Point, but Scott says he'll have to do better than that, because Scott isn't going to Turning Point without his brother. It can be a handicap match, or Scott jokes that Kurt can get his brother, but knows that the other angle isn't worth his weight. Angle charges and starts to fall victum to the two on one, when NWA Champion Sting makes his way to the ring and takes them both out with his trusty bat. Sting grabs the mike, and says If it's a tag match they want...it's a tag match they'll get. Sting is volunteering his services as Angle's partner, and Kurt accepts.

Tenay and west hype the The Steiner Brothers -vs- Kurt Angle & Sting for Turning Point, and it's time for the main event people!

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels -vs- "The Phenominal" AJ Styles (#1 Contender to the X Championship)

They circle and exchange forearm blows to start, Daniels gets the upperhand...irishwhip and a high heel kick by Daniels. AJ sent against the ropes again, and CD just press slammed the man! Daniels works him over in the corner, irishwhip is reversed by AJ, CD ducks the clothesline and AJ with a flying armdrag takedown. Running clothesline sends Daniels to the outside. AJ plays the crowd and then goes for a dive over the top but Daniels cuts him off with a forearm. Back inside and Daniels clubs away, irishwhip by Daniels, AJ slides between CD's legs and connects with that beautiful dropkick of his. Lovin it! Daniels rolls outside, AJ springboards to the outside but Daniels moves and he hits the gaurdrail. Daniels plays the crowd and charges AJ..who then backbody drops the man OVER the gaurdrail and INTO the crowd! HAHA! Looks like Daniels damn near killed one guy. AJ with forearms and punches, AJ then runs and leaps OFF the ring steps into the crowd and onto Daniels! These guys are trying to kill eachother! AJ clotheslines Daniels over the gaurdrail and then rolls him back in. Sideheadlock by AJ...covers for a two count. Daniels works his way up to his feet and tries to fight off the headlock, but AJ keeps torquein on it. This lasts for about 30 seconds, until Daniels gets back up and snaps off a back suplex. Daniels to his feet, and AJ locks in another sideheadlock out of nowhere. Another two count before CD gets the shoulders up. Daniels fights to his feet again, and whips AJ off the ropes, HARD shoulderblock by AJ on Daniels! AJ looks for another sideheadlock, but Daniels rolls through into a fuji armbar. AJ fights up and Daniels with a dropdown armbreaker. Daniels punches away on Styles, irishwhip and Daniels for a high heel kick but AJ holds onto the ropes. Styles with a BIGTIME soccer type kick to the ribs of Daniels! And we're gonna have to take our final commercial break.

Backfrom Commercial and AJ rams Daniels head off of ALL SIX turnbuckles! Cover after the sixth one gets a two count. Foreamrs by AJ, and then he works him over in the corner. Styles with a Faceplant on Daniels! Deathlock with a bridge by AJ. Daniels fights it off, but AJ connects with a spinning lariat! AJ to the apron...springboards in but Daniels catches him and T-Bones the man! Ten count and both men up at 8. Clothesline by Daniels, snapmare by CD follows, then a hard kick to the back and a twisting headvice on Styles. Snap suplex by Daniels gets a two count. Boots by Daniels, irishwhip into a tilt-o-whirl backbreaker by Daniels gets a two count! Neck vice by Daniels, AJ fights it off with elbows and and Swings but Daniels catches him with a Flatliner into the Koji Clutch! AJ tries to fight it off while Daniels torques back even more. Styles eventually makes it to the ropes. Tenay and West put over how much these guys know eachother, and all the battles they've had in the past some more. Scoop and a slam by Daniels and Daniels follows with the BME!!! Best Moonsault EVER connects! AJ kicks out at two though. Daniels looks shocked, and irishwhips AJ, AJ ducks the clothesline and springs off the middle rope with a moonsault into a reverse DDT!!! I SOOO MARK FOR THAT MOVE!!!! Both men down until the 7 count, AJ charges and gets FIVE straight hard clotheslines, then a spinning leg lariat! Vicious! backsuplex variation by AJ. Styles goes for some sort of pumphandle move but Daniels slides off and gets a WICKED DVD! Cover gets a two count! Daniels works AJ over in the corner, sits him on the turnbuckle and climbs uptop...AJ fights him off and shoves him to the canvas. SPIRAL TAP!!! AJ hit it! ...1....2...NO! Daniels kicked out a 2 and 9/10ths! AJ waits on Daniels and charges, Daniels counters into a blue thunder! Two count only! Both men are down....and wait a second, here comes SENSHI! Senshi in and he LABELS Daniels with a Yakuza kick! Same to AJ results in a No contest!

Winner: No contest.

After the bell Senshi continues his attack. Styles is hit with a running front dropkick into the turnbuckle, and Daniels meets the same fate. Senshi up top...WARRIORS WAY ON AJ! Shi then beats on Daniels some more, and another WARRIORS WAY! Shi has taken out both AJ and Daniels!

Match Thoughts: This was more like it! They gave them good time to go out and put on a great match, and Senshi taking them both out after was good, as it cements Shi as a real bad ass who will kick your ass if you get in his way. I can honestly watch these two wrestle every week, and probably not get bored of it. ***1/2

Jim Cornette is on the stage now, and he says Senshi ruined his main event, and now he has no number one contender to meet Senshi at Turning Point for the X Title. So since he doesn't have one guy for the job, he'll have to use two! He announces AJ Styles -vs- Christopher Daniels -vs- Senshi for Turning Point, with the X Championship on the line!

Tenay and West love it, I'm looking forward to it, and Impact is over.

This has been a presentation of TNA Entertainment...the new face of Professional Wrestling.

Show Thoughts: This one was all over the place, both good and bad. While there seemed to be a big clusterf*ck like feel to the show, Styles and Daniels brought the good at the end. The triple threat match at the ppv looks like it should be great, and AMW/LAX continued...makes you wonder about Team 3D though. Angle/Sting against Steiners at the ppv should be decent, and although this show was hectic and clustered at times...it did have a sort of..."big show" feel to it. Alot happened, and some of it was very good. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Global Impact Taping

Petey Williams over Roderick Strong via Canadian Destroyer @ 7:36

EWR Stats

Show Overall: 78

Segment of the Night: AJ Styles -vs- Christopher Daniels - 89

Edited by slimlayzie

Typing as I read here

Senshi attack on AJ probably leading to X division match, I suppose with the full tag division X title scene is probably best for Styles

Like the pushing of the Papparazzi and the eddition of Sabin, Nash is awesome and will help those guys develop a character

Sting-Angle thing, nice touch building tension to a future encounter

Rhino squash, pretty pointless but puts Rhino over

Intresting swerve with the AJ-Daniels match, I liked it

Tag macth did it's job

I like the Starr push, would like to see him become a Savage(Randy) type guy

Sting, Angle V The Steiners, nice match for the PPV the Steiner were the best back in the day

Somebody should have went over in the main event, saw the Triple Threat coming

Overall good show with a few minor flaws, will be good to see how things culmulate at Turning Point

Guest slimlayzie

TNA Impact! Preview - December 14, 2006

Last thursday night saw the main event of the evening spoiled when Senshi attacked both AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in thier one on one match that was to determine who would face the X Champion at Turning Point! Cornette declared it would be a triple threat match at the pay per view and we will get a taste of that this Thursday night on Impact!

Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett accepted the young Austin Starr's challange to a match at Turning Point during last weeks telecast, this thursday night will see those two men involved in an eight man tag.

Kevin Nash and his newest Protigee Chris Sabin will face Sabin's former running mates in Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal at the Turning Point Event. We will get a taste of that this week on Impact as well!

The reason those three matches are all highlighted in sequence is because this Thursday night on Impact there has been a HUGE Eight man Tag Team matchup singed. Don't miss a moment of the action this week, when the main event of the evening pits "The Phenominal" AJ Styles, his Partner/rival "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, Austin Starr and Jay Lethal against Kevin Nash, Chris Sabin, "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett and TNA X Champion Senshi!

Also this week on Impact we will hear from both sides involved in the big number one contenders matchup at Turning Point! James Mitchell and "The Monster" Abyss, and the undefeated "Somoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe!

After returning to TNA at the Genesis event, Rick Steiner and his brother Scott will reform thier once VERY successful tag team in a tune up match for this Sunday's encounter with Kurt Angle and the man they call Sting!

Also, just days before the NWA World Tag Team Championships will be on the line between LAX and Team 3D, LAX's own Konnan will make a rare inring apperance when he teams with his Tag Team champions to take on Team 3D and Brother Runt!

Christian Cage, Rhino and Monty Brown WILL meet in a triple threat match at Turning Point, but first we must get through this thursday night's edition of Impact! All three men are expected to be in the Impact Zone, and tempers are bound to flare!

Don't miss all the action, just a mere three days before TNA presents Turning Point live and only on pay per view. Impact airs at 9p.m. only on SpikeTv!

Confirmed Matches

Kevin Nash/Chris Sabin/Senshi/Jeff Jarrett -vs- Jay Lethal/AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels/Austin Starr

Team 3D & Brother Runt -vs- LAX (including Konnan)

Steiner Brothers in tag team action!

Guest slimlayzie

OOC: Ok...I was originally going to wait til after I posted the final Impact (Which should be up tommorrow) to post this, but...seeing has I got a good response for PPV predictions last time and the fact that the card is already confirmed and booked, I figured I'd just post it now and let you guys predict away if youd like. I enjoyed reading them last time. It's nice to see what people think and how they feel about certain angles/directions/matches you have going on. Thanks for ALL the predictions last time.

IPB Image

TNA Presents: Turning Point - Confirmed card

#1 Contendership for the NWA Championship

"The Somoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe -vs- "The Monster" Abyss

Sting & Kurt Angle -vs- The Steiner Brothers

TNA X Championship

"The Phenominal" AJ Styles -vs- "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels -vs- Senshi

NWA World Tag Team Championships

Team 3D -vs- The Latin American Xchange

Christian Cage -vs- "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown -vs- "The War Machine" Rhino

Austin Starr -vs- "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett

Kevin Nash & Chris Sabin -vs- Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt

Joe - pretty obvious to me. Poster boy for the event, really only way to go with it. Can make him look really good with going over Abyss.

S/A - Sting and Angle have to win here. The bad guys can look good in losing, the good guys need the win more, especially since Angle is involved.

TNA X Championship

"The Phenominal" AJ Styles -vs- "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels -vs- Senshi

Daniels - seriously, he's the best athlete in this division and there is so much you can do with him as a character.

LAX - dominant heel team <-- make it so. Push Hotstuff to the f'n moon.

Christian - he makes for a better bridge from uppermid to main event. Also, he's clearly more talented than the other two by FAR. The two bigger guys are better suited for being ladders anyway.

JJ - but this is a good chance to make Starr look REALLY GOOD. Jarrett is a great worker for this. Prove your point with him, and give a rub to Starr. This could go so well.

Nash/Sabin - this one doesn't need explination.

Guest slimlayzie

IPB Image

The Impact! Xperience

12-14-06

So we are just three days away from TNA's Turning Point PPV, and the card is already set...unless they add another undercard match or something. Anyway, this sounds like it should be an entertaining Impact, and the ppv looks to be another solid one. Let's get on with the show.

This is TNA...The new face of professional Wrestling!

We open backstage and the undisputed KING of TNA tv time Jeremy Boarasch is backstage with Samoa Joe Borasch asks Joe about his number one contenders match against Abyss at the ppv, and Joe is quick to point out that in far less time, he has achieved more than Abyss has. He dominated the X Division for months, then decided it was time to take his game up a notch, and show the heavyweight division what he's all about. He wants Abyss to know that although Abyss is damn good...he's not on Joe's level. Joe says the ppv will be his ascent to the next level of TNA, to the ultimate level in TNA. He will defeat Abyss on Sunday night, and then move on to Final Resolution and become the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Joe wants Abyss to remember one thing above all else...come the ppv..."Joe's gonna kill you!" Joe leaves and Borasch informs us that Impact! starts...NOW!

Cue opening video, and it's down to the booth with Tenay and West. They hype up tonights broadcast aswell as the ppv, before getting interupted by The Franchise Shane Douglas. Douglas says he has just come from Cornette's office, and he's been given what he asked for. He's going to give the Naturals one last chance to show what they have in them...one last chance to prove that they are worthy of The Franchise's time and effort. But he's gonna do it with a stacked and leval playing field. Starting next week on Impact! He then announces the Shane Douglas Invitation Only Tag Team Tournament that will start next week on Impact. Eight teams will get the oppertunity to show what they're made of, and the winning team will get a shot at the NWA World Tag Team titles once the tourny is over. The teams will be announced at the time of thier matches, and says that ONE team is confirmed, and that's The Naturals. Tenay and West love the idea, and then wonder if it will be a truly level playing field.

The Latin American Xchange -vs- Team 3D

Hernades and Ray start us off, Hernades the power thing and shoves Ray down a few times before Ray answers with a knockdown of his own. Punches from Ray backs Hernandes into a corner, but Hotstuff gets in a cheap shot on the ref's break. Clubs by hernandes, then a tag to Homocide. Cide with a dropkick and kicks to the fallen Ray. Irishwhip is reversed into a sideslam by Ray, tag to Dvon who punches away. Irishwhip into a clothesline followed by an elbow drop by Dvon. Scoop slam and a leg drop on Cide. Tag to Ray who works over Cide in the corner. Fullnelson slam by Ray for a two count, then a somoan drop garners another near fall. In comes Runt and he clubs away. Irishwhip is reversed and Cide gets in an exploder suplex. Tag to Konnan, who kicks and punches away on Runt. Konnan with a choke until he's forced to break, tag to Hernandes. Pressslam on Runt gets a two count. Irishwhip but Runt ducks a clothesline attempt and comes back with a diving headbutt to the midsection of Hotstuff. Punches and chops by Runt, then a dropkick to the knees to knock the big guy down. Tag to Dvon who hits his pattened diving clothesline for a two. Tag to Ray who does his best Dusty impression with a series of elbows, then covers for a two count. Hernadnes fights back with rights though, until Ray counters one into a sitdown full nelson bomb! Cide breaks up the pinfall and hits the diamond cutter on Ray, which brings the other two Duds in...all six men in now and they brawl away. Konnan low blows Dvon and tosses him outside, then follows and whips him into the gaurdrail. Ref regains order and Ray tags in Runt who goes apesh*t on Hernandes with punches and knees. Acid drop attempted but Hernades tosses him off, Runt lands on his feet though and gets a ddt for a two count. Tag to Cide and he and Runt brawl away. Runt gets the upperhand until Hernandes clobbers him from behind, this brings in Ray who clotheslines Hernades to the outside, Cide then dropkicks Ray out as well. Runt goes for the acid drop but Cide counters by crotching Runt on the ropes, then quickly grabs him and hits the GRINGO KILLAH for the victory! Ray and Dvon check on Runt while LAX celebrate.

Winners: LAX

Match Thoughts: An alright six man, had to figure Runt would eat the pin though. This brings up the question if Team 3D will get this lose back at the ppv though. **1/2

We cut backstage and Christian Cage is standing by with Jeremy Borasch. He asks Cage about the triple threat match at the ppv, but before Cage can muster a response Monty Brown shows up and nails Cage from behind. The two men start brawling until a horde of officials show up to break them apart. Brown ends up nailing an official and Jerry Lynn makes the decision to boot Brown from the building. Brown claims Turning Point will be the night he turns his carear around. Cue commercial people!

Back from Commercial with Tenay and West at ringside, more hype duty for the ppv on Sunday and they talk mainly about Steiners -vs- Angle/Sting. Cue the next match, which is the Steiner's warm up match.

Norman Smiley & Shark Boy -vs- The Steiner Brothers

Rick and Scott attack before the bell even rings and start hammering on Smiley and Sharky. Bell rings, and Scott belley to bellies Smiley, while Rick pounds away on Sharky. DDT by Rick, and Scott press slams Smiley to the outside! Rick hits the top rope bulldog on Shark Boy, and Scott follows that up with the Steiner Recliner to get a quick and easy submission victory.

Winners: Steiner Brothers.

Match Thoughts: Hint number one that your going to lose...your names arent mentoined when they hpye the match. This was all about making the Steiners look like a force, and it played out good. No rating though, as it was a total SQUASH!

We then head backstage and LAX are picking on Borasch, love those guys! They send Jeremy away...THANK YOU! Konnan wants all us Gringos to know that the LAX revolution is stronger then ever, no one is going to stand in thier way. They took out Styles and Daniels...TNA's white ass poster boys, they handled the Naturals, and those two Brokeback cowboys. This Sunday they add Team 3D to thier hitlist. LAX is running this bitch, and TNA doesn't have the balls to try and stop them...they will shake this company at it's very core, and when all is said and done...Latino Nation will have the final say. Ariba la rasa! 5150! and some other spanish stuff I can't understand...they still rock though!

After a commercial break we have Tenay and West talking about the X Division title match at the pay per view. They go over how much Daniels and Styles have been through, and Senshi's current domination of the division. Tenay wondershow the fact that they'll be opponants on Sunday will effect the match tonight with Styles and Daniels teaming up again.

We then get a very good video chronicling the history between AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. It deals with thier battle in Ultimate X and the two Iron Man matches they had. It then jumps to Styles and Daniels teaming up to take out AMW and then thier recent fued with LAX. Good video, that showed how much these two know eachother.

After the video Tenay and West run down the whole Card for the ppv. Abyss -vs- Joe, Steiners -vs- Angle/Sting, Styles -vs- Daniels -vs- Senshi, Team 3D -vs- LAX, Christian Cage -vs- Monty Brown -vs- Rhino, and Nash/Sabin -vs- Dutt/Lethal. We then get another commercial break...that was quick.

Back from commercial and James Mitchell is backstage with "The Monster" Abyss. Mitchell says Joe is a machine, an almost unstoppable machine...but he's not a monster like Abyss. Mitchell says he controls the sinlge most devasting entity in this business today, and when he unleashes his weapon of mass destruction apon Joe...Joe won't have anything to do but accept his fate. He adds that Abyss will become the number one contender and dethrone Sting at the next ppv...and all Joe has to look forward too, is his own Doomsday! The machine will not kill the monster, the monster will destroy the machine. AURGH! (Tough guy grunt from Abyss)

We then cut back to the impact zone and Rhino has made his way out. He has a micraphone and says that since Monty got his ass thrown out of the building earlier, it's means that he and Christian are the only two left...so he doesn't want to wait til Sunday...and calls out Cage. Christian Cage comes out and they meet on the ramp and brawl all over the damn place. After about 2 minutes or so Security and officials show up to seperate the two, that proves to be difficult, and takes them another few minutes. Good long brawl here. We cut to commercial.

AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal & Austin Starr -vs- Senshi, Kevin Nash, Chris Sabin & Jeff Jarrett

Lethal and Sabin look to start us off, a series of lock ups and go behinds ensue until Sabin gets in a low blow via a mule kick to Jay. Sabin slaps the fallen Jay's head a few times, real cocky like to stress that this is a new Sabin...you did know that, right? They want you to know that people...pay attention! Scoop slam by Sabin, who then chokes Lethal with his boot. Snapmare by Sabin, then a STIFF windup kick to the back of the head...someone get Lethal some Advil man! Scoop slam and a tag to ol Double J. Jarrett with a falling fist drop, sizes him up and then repeats. Verticla suplex by JJ gets a two count. Irishwhip into a clothesline by JJ, and Lethal is getting his hand handed to him thus far. Tag to the X Champ Senshi, and Shi continues to onslaught with some seriously stiff looking kicks and chops. Hard kick to the Hammy of Lethal, then a snapmare into a running dropkick to the head of Lethal, cover gets a two count.

Lethal gets some offense! He catches a Shi kick and then spins him around into a full nelson suplex for almost a two count. Then uses the time to tag in Austin Starr. Starr with a few lariats and then a spinning back elbow on the champ. Scoop slam then the always entertaining Pendulam elbow gets barely a two count. Hard punches from the southpaw and then a snap suplex. Tag to AJ who works over his Turning Point opponant in the corner. Shi counters a whip attempt with a short arm clothesline and then tags in Sabin. Sabin with a running dropkick to the knees of Styles followed by a soccer kick to the ribs of AJ. Tenay and West tells to stay tuned, because we'll be right back...commercial time.

Back from commercial and Styles is being workerd over in the corner by Jarrett, short arm clothesline by JJ gets a two count. JJ then sizes him and charges, but AJ ducks a clothesline and hits the PELEE' on Jarrett! Both men are down...both make tags. In comes Daniels and Senshi, they exhcnage punches in the middle until CD gets the upperhand and gets the STO on Shi. Sabin comes in and Daniels backdrops him, then clotheslines Jarrett down before getting clotheslined by Big Kevin Nash. Nash with a big boot on Lethal and then one on Starr, but AJ has recovered on the apron and hits a springboard flying forearm on Nash...taking him off his feet! Shi charges at AJ put is meet with a spin kick and then a spinning larit knocks down JJ. Sabin clotheslines AJ to the outside though, and then goes SUICIDE style through the ropes and to the outside onto AJ. Starr follows Sabins lead and nails Sabin with one of his own. Nash with a bit boot on Lethal, goes for the Jackknive but Jay counters and lands on his feet, then dropkicks Nash to the canvas and to the outside. Jarrett nails Lethal and then hits the STROKE on Jay. Daniels up and ANGEL'S WINGS on Jarrett! Shi grabs Daniels and hits the KI KRUSHER! AJ comes in and Gets the STYLES CLASH on Senshi! Nash is back and he Hits the JACKKNIVE on AJ! Starr clotheslines Nash to the floor...turns around and Sabin goes for the Cradle Shock but Starr counters and hits the STARR BUSTA! Cover attempted but Jarrett breaks it up. Stroke is countered but then JJ gets the Figure Four out of nowhere...but Daniels sees the oppertunity and busts on a BME!!!! BME connects while Jarrett had Starr in the figure four...nicely aimed. Daniels and Shi slug it out and both men tumble to the outside. Lethal and Sabin are brwling up the rampway and AJ and Nash fight on the outside too. Starr and JJ get to thier feet...rights and chops exchanged until Starr gets the upperhand, Nash sends AJ into the steps and then comes back in to clothesline Starr down. Nash backs Starr into the corner and sizes him up, then unloads with the back elbows. Styles back in and he grabs Nash and bralws with him. Jarrett over and he props Starr on the turnbuckles. JJ goes up too, looking for a Superplex. AJ dropkicks Nash down and then clubs away on JJ...Powerbomb on Jarrett! AJ powerbombed him while he was trying to suplerplex Starr...but Starr held on. Nash runs over and clotheslines himself and AJ to the outside. Jarretts down...Starrs already on the turnbuckle...450 SPLASH CONNECTS!!! BEAUTIFUL BABY! ....1.....2.....3!!! Starr just pinned Jarrett! Starr celebrates while the other six men brawl on the outside.

Winners: AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal & Austin Starr

Match Thoughts: Solid...defanitly solid people. It wasn't a blow away match or anything...but there was some good brawling, and some nice spots from the "X" guys. Starr pinning JJ is a great thing to see, they really seem set on pushing this guy, which is very good in my book. ***

After the match we get Tenya and West who do one final PPV plug and hype the card, then it's backstage to Kurt Angle along with his partner sunday NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting. Borasch is ofcourse present, and asks Angle about teaming up with Sting. Angle says he respects the hell out of Stinger, and everything he's accomplished in this sport. He says if you had asked him a few weeks ago, he would of said he's be more likely to be facing Sting than teaming with him. Sting has what every man wants, including himself...the NWA Championship. He adds that if he's going to have a partner for this match, he couldn't think of a better partner than the Champ. Sting adds that once this is all finished, Kurt can have his shot when he wants it, but he's excited to be teaming with the Olympic Gold medalist and loves having the oppertunity to beat up on Scott and his brother again. Angle adds that Steiner made a mistake getting in his business, and now it's time to pay for that mistake. Sting says he'll see them on Sunday. Fade to black people.

This has been a presentation of TNA Wrestling...the new face of professional wrestling

Show Thoughts: Another solid show. None of the shows recently have been amazing blow away telecasts, but they have all been solid. The eight man was very entertaining, and the sixman was fun aswell. The brawl with Cage/Rhino was good stuff too. Joe brought it during his promo, and Mitchell was a little off...rare for him, but it happens to the best of them. See you guys Sunday for the ppv.

Global Impact Taping

Roderick Strong over Petey Williams via the Strong Lock @ 8:03

Guest slimlayzie

Hey guys, I know I already posted the card...but I wanted to still do a full write up for the event aswell. Here it is, your TNA Turning Point Preview.

IPB Image

This Sunday night TNA Wrestling presents the next chapter in 3-hour wrestling Pay Per View Events, when Turning Point comes to you LIVE from Univeral Studios in Orlando Florida! How will Total Nonstop Action Wrestling bring in the new year!?

In a match to determine the #1 Contender to NWA World Heavyweight Champion Sting's Title, "The Monster" Abyss will go toe to toe with the unbeaten, "Somoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe! Last month's encounter saw a no contest after TNA official Slick Johnson couldn't maintain order in the match, but this time there MUST be a winner, and although it's no being fought under no DQ rules, TNA has ordered whoever refs this match to show sound judgement and make sure that a winner is announced when it's all said and done. Will the Monster finally get another oppertunity that he's wanted so much? Will Samoa Joe finally get his shot at the NWA Title!? Tune in Sunday night to find out!

Speaking of the NWA Champion, Sting will be in action when he teams with The Olympic Gold Medal winner Kurt Angle to take on the newly reformed Steiner Brothers! After Scott Steiner reveled himself as the mastermind behind LAX's attacks on Kurt, his brother Rick appeared at the Genesis ppv to help Steiner's team pick up the victory. Are the Steiner Brother 2006 up to task of defeating an Olympic Gold Medalist and the NWA Champion!?

After last months Genesis ended with LAX standing tall, the Latin American Xchange will look to keep that momentum rolling when they put the NWA World Tag Team Championships on the line against the team that is perhaps hungier for the gold than anyother team in all of wrestling, Brother D-Von and Brother Ray...Team 3D!

In what has all the potential to be the show stealing matchup of the evening, the X Division Gold will be on the line when current champion Senshi puts his belt up for grabs against two of the best to ever grace a TNA ring. "The Phenominal" AJ Styles and "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels return to thier roots in the X Division in a triple threat match where only one man can walk out the champion! Don't miss this sure to be epic encounter only on PPV!

As if that wasn't enough, "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown, Christian Cage and "The War Machine" Rhino will square off in an attempt to gain ground in the TNA rankings. Can Monty take the next step towards another shot at the gold? Or will the two bitter enemies in the form of Christian Cage and Rhino use this match to put another notch in thier belt over the other man?

Last month during the Gauntlet match young Austin Starr eliminated Jeff Jarrett to surprise of everyone, except for Austin Starr ofcourse. The "King of the Mountain" took exception to the elimination and blasted Starr with a brutal guitar shot. Austin then laid down the challange, and Jarrett excepted...can Austin prove to the world that he really is a "Starr" on the rise? Or will the reliable Jarrett take home the victory?

Finally, Last month Chris Sabin cost his teamate a change at the X Championship when he interfered and nailed Jay Lethal. Sabin has since aligned himself with Kevin Nash, and Nash is hell bent on conquering the X Division. Will Nash and the new attitude Sabin put Dutt and Lethal down? Or will the young guns of TNA's X-Division have the last word?

Don't miss all the action, this Sunday night LIVE and only on Pay Per View!

TNA Presents: Turning Point - Confirmed card

TNA X Championship

Edited by slimlayzie

Guest dave_ecw

Yah thank god you had the wisdom to piss off Kip James, I have been silently reading this diary for awhile and your diary is fairly sweet. Austin getting a nice push makes me a happy man I like how you’re using a name like Jarret to put a new generation over that’s good booking. Just gotta ask isn’t Rick Steiner an old man now?

I am keenly awaiting the show and I am hoping for a Joe win setting up a feud for the title.

Joe should get the win hear as he looks like the future of TNA and giving the win tp Abyss would be pointless.

Angle gotta get the rub here and the babyfaces need a win here.

TNA X Championship

AJ has all the skills i think he needs to be the man who leads the X Division.

Again i think LAX being the more dominate team need the win here.

Better worker deserves to be getting a push.

Time to elivate Starr and drop JJ, hopefully it can make both workers look good

Guest slimlayzie

OOC: Ok...so here is TNA's Turning Point Event. I really enjoyed writing this, and am espacially proud of the Styles/Daniels/Senshi match. I wanted to make it seem like a legetimate match between the three, and make it total kick ass to fit the match quality and overall it recieved. (MQ: 94 Over: 89) I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

turningpointyr4.jpg

The Turning Point eXperience

12-17-06

Hosts: Mike Tenay & Don West

TNA has been on a bit of a roll lately, pumping out Impacts that are atleast pretty fun to watch, and delivering on the last few ppvs. Russo has kept most of his former trademarks to a minimum, and all seems to be well in Dixie land. The talk right now is TNA is looking to hold it's febuary or march ppv in either Philly, or head back to Detriot. Recent house shows in Jersey and Connecticut did well too, so I suppose they may be on radar too. But before we get to there, we have Turning Point on ppv tonight, and again...it's a solid card. I, for one, and very much looking forward to the X Division three way. So without further delay, let's get to it...

This is TNA...The new face of professional wrestling

Opening video here focuses on TNA's happening the last year, and keeps referring to this event has the Turning Point of TNA, has we head into 2007. Dave Sadhi is always dependable and always brings the goods with his video packages.

Tenay and West are at ringside, and they run down the card, focusing on Joe/Abyss and Angle/Sting against Steiners mainly. They discuss everything with Sabin and Dutt & Lethal, including Nash's involvement and Sabin's addition to his stable. We get a nice, short video recapping it all and it's right to our opening contest.

Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal -vs- Chris Sabin & Kevin Nash

Tenay informs us that Shelley and Devine are barred from ringside by order of Cornette, and West predicts Lethal and Dutt get revenge tonight. Sabin is wearing some new tights, rather nWo-ish actually. They have the white "rusted" looking box around the word "Sabin", also in White and a simulair font. He also looks awfully scruffy with the facial hair.

Sabin is to start us off, and Lethal and Dutt play rock, papaer, scissors to see who gets the honors...Dutt wins. Lock up to star, series of go behinds until Dutt snaps off a few armdrags and gets in a standing dropkick on Sabin. After a breather Sabin is ready to lock up again, but knees Dutt in the gut on the lock up, before punching and choping away. Clothesline from Sabin who follows with boots to the fallen Dutt. Irishwhip into the corner, but Dutt gets the feet up on Sabins ensueing charge, and then snaps off a DDT. Dutt grabs Sabin and springs uptop for the Sprinkler rope walk...axehandle to the head and Dutt plays the crowd. Snapmare into a dropkick to the back of Sabin's head gets a two count. Tag to Lethal who works over Sabin in the corner. Snapsuplex by Jay gets a two count. Irishwhip by Jay, leapfrog into a standing dropkick gets another two count. Sabin fights back and backs Lethal into the corner, clean break is not so clean, as Sabin pokes the eyes of Lethal, DDT by Sabin who tags in Nash.

Nash slowly heads towards Lethal and kicks the man while he's down. Backs him into the corner and measures him...series of back elbows and Nash is pleased. Irishwhip but Lethal ducks a big boot attempt and connects on a crossbody for barely a two. Back up but Nash clubs him down, and then scoop slams him. Sabin back in and he works over Jay int he corner. Sabin looks for a superplex, but Lethal tosses him off and then connects with a missle dropkick and makes the tag to Dutt. Sonjay lights up Sabin with rights and forearms, then snaps off a hurricanrana on Chris. Dutt with his pattened inverted Asia DDT for a two count. Dutt busts out a front suplex faceplant, and then calls for the Hindu press. Sabin recovers and catches him though, crotching him in the process. Rakes the face with his boot, then connects on a nice looking Hesitation dropkick. Cover but dutt kicks out at two. Snapmare by Sabin, then a hard leaping kick to the face of Dutt gets a two count. Dutt gets sent against the ropes, and ducks a Sabin clothesline, but Sabin catches him on the return and busts out a fall away slam! New move Sabin people...New move! Sabin does his best Scott Hall impression with a guiding chokeslam to Dutt and then does the old nWo two handed point at Nash, who returns the guesture.

Sabin took too much time though, as Dutt recovers and dropkicks the knees of Sabin. Tag to Lethal who comes in with a top rope spin kick for a two count. Hip toss into a sit down dropkick gets a two count aswell. Lethal picks up Sabin, and Sabin grabs him looking for the Cradleshock out of nowhere, but Lethal counters into a face buster variation. Uptop, and Diving Headbutt connects! Nash makes the save though, and that brings Dutt back. Dutt tries to suplex Nash...but to no avail, so Lethal comes over and they both slap and club away on Nash, and then indeed double suplex the man...wow...cool. Sabin has recovered though, and springboard dropkicks BOTH Dutt and Lethal, who both roll to the outside. Sabin goes suicide styles through the ropes and onto his former mates on the outside. "TNA" chants...Nash teases doing one too, and gets a good pop from the crowd. Istead he simply climbs down to the outside. Nash tosses Lethal inside and clubs away on Dutt. Sabin joins in this allows Lethal to springboard crossbody onto Sabin and Dutt on the outside. Ha! Nash saw it coming and just walked away. Nash boots Lethal down. Dutt crawls inside and heads uptop. Nash and Lethal are brawling on the outside, Sabin joins and all three are conviently huddled together, allowing Dutt to Moonsault off the toprope, too the outside and land on all three men! Yes...Nash sold it too. Dutt sends Nash inside, and stands on the apron. Springboards in but Nash catches him with a SICK big boot! Some one check Dutt's teeth...jesus! Sabin sends Lethal into the gaurdrail, and then heads back inside...Nash looks ready to powerbomb Dutt, but instead hands him over to Sabin, who hits the Cradleshock for the victory!

Winners: Chris Sabin & Kevin Nash

Nash and Sabin celebrate in the ring, and Sabin is "strutting" ala Hall. Officials come down to check on Dutt on the inside, as Sabin and Hall walk away.

Match Thoughts: All kinds of solid. Better than I was expecting, Nash's involement was minumal, and when he was involved it didn't slow the match down that much...they used him very well in this match. Not sure what was up with Sabin acting like a smaller Scott Hall, but it is Russo here..so I'll guess we'll see where this ends up. ***1/2

Tenay and West talk about what just transpired, as officials get Dutt out of the ring. Backstage we go with Jeremy Borasch who's looking to talk to Samoa Joe Joe doesn't want to talk though, and completely ignores the man. We go back to ringside and get a video of the Austin Starr and Jeff Jarrett stuff from the past few weeks. Tenay and West hype up what a huge oppertunity this is for Starr to show the wolrd how good he is, and to really get himself noticed. It's time for the match.

No...it's not. BG James has made his way out to the ramp with a microphone. He heads towards the ring, talking the whole time as Tenay wonders why he's interupting the broadcast. James says the other day, TNA fired his best friend, and brother...Kip James. He says they did it because Kip didn't agree with thier treatment of him, or one of the best tag teams to ever step into a ring...four sided or six sided. He says he wants Kip to know his thoughts are with him, and he doesn't plan to let this stand. The ppv will have to wait, because he's got some stuff to get off his chest. He says TNA has never treated him with the respect he deserves, no tv time lately, and ofcourse...he's not supposed to be on this pay per view either. He claims he's still marketable, and can still kick alot of ass. But TNA feels he's past his prime, and won't let him shine. Well he's sick of it. If TNA won't give him what he wants, he'll take it...and if they don't like it..he dares TNA to fire him too.

Mike Sanders makes his way to ringside, and wants BG to know that he feels his pain. He manages the hottest up and coming act in all of wrestling, yet he's told theres no room on the ppv for Bobby Roode. BG is cautously looking around for Roode. Sanders doesn't want him to worry, he's not here to set him up...he's here to talk to him. He says he and BG feel the same about TNA management, and thinks they should join forces to battle the uptight suits. BG goes to reply, but Sanders cuts him off. Think about it he says...he knows Roode could benefit from being in the ring with a veteran like BG...someone with so much experience and success in the sport. Do the right thing BG...what do ya say?

BG starts to repond, when Bobby Roode comes from the crowd and Nothern Lariats BG from behind. Sanders smiles and laughs, as Roode continues the assualt. "Payoff" by Roode, and Sanders comes down to ringside with a chair. He tosses it into Roode, who then powerbombs BG onto the chair, and poses. Sanders says he wasn't lying to BG. Roode could benefit from being in the ring with a veteran like him...because beating a veteran like BG, will only make Roode's stock go up more. Sanders adds that since he feels so ignored by TNA, and like he has nothing to do, he doesn't have to worry. When he recovers, he has something to do now...lose to Bobby Roode. Sanders and Roode leave. That came off well, crowd seemed pretty into it too.

Now it's time for our second match of the evening.

Austin Starr -vs- Jeff Jarrett

Starr and Jarrett lock up to start, with JJ getting an immediate hip toss on Starr. JJ poses and taunts Starr some, and they lock up again...JJ once again gets the upperhand with an arm drag this time. JJ struts a bit, and dares Starr to lock up again. Instead Austin dropkicks the knees of Jarrett to a nice pop. Austin jumps on JJ and punches away on the veteran. Picks him up...double under hook overhead suplex, cover gets less than two. Starr with a gutwrench suplex for a quick two count. Irishwhip by Star but JJ ducks the clothesline and gets one of his own on Starr. Boots applied by JJ, Jarrett picks up Starr and hip tosses him down. Cover gets barely a two count.

Jarrett backs him in the corner and chops away on the chest of Starr, Starr reverses and chops at JJ some. Starr sends JJ into the corner and follows up with a running clothesline, snapmare into a neck vice by Austin Starr. JJ fights his way up and elbows Starr in the sternum a few times, haymaker knowcks Starr off his feet. Boots by Jarrett, picks him up and vertical suplexes Starr. Jarrett uses his hand to choke Starr abit, then releases and poses for the crowd. Scoop and a slam by Jarrett, followed by a knee drop to the head of Starr. Cover gets a two count. Irishwhip by JJ and Starr ducks a clothesline then nails a diving lariat on JJ. Both men back up and Starr with a kick to the gut of JJ, snap suplex and he floats over for a two count. Hard sidewalk slam by Starr gets another two count. Starr picks up JJ, who reverses and rolls up Starr for a two count...small package by JJ gets another two count. Starr with a go behind and a school boy for a two count, small package by STarr for a two, JJ back up gets a backslide for a two count. Both men up, double clothesline and both men are down.

JJ gets to his feet first, swings a misses a punch and Starr gets a double knee backbreaker on JJ. Cover gets a two count. Starr gets a few shots on Jeff, then heads up the turnbuckles...missle dropkick! cover gets a two count. JJ rakes the eyes, and then plants Starr with a DDT! Jarrett heads uptop now...flying crossbody gets a two count. JJ reaching into the move list. Jarrett places Starr throat first on the middle topes, then runs against the ropes and lands the leg across Starr! Again, but this time JJ slides to the outside and nails a haymaker on Starr. JJ back into the ring, back suplex...but JJ holds on and hits two more back suplexes in succession. Cover gets a two count. Bakcbreaker by JJ, cover gets another two. JJ with a short arm clothesline...Figure four attempted, but Starr kicks off, sending JJ into the turnbuckles...school boy by Starr gets a close two! Crowd bought that near finish. JJ up and Starr ducks a clothesline, kick to the gut by Starr...Double under hook...Tiger bomb! ....1.....2....JJ kicks out!

Starr turns JJ over, and hits the Penduluam Elbow! Cover gets another two count. German suplex with a bridge from Starr, JJ kicks out again though. Hard left lariat from Starr. Starr goes to grab JJ, but Jarrett grabs him by the tights and flings him into the referee. REF BUMP! (Don't know why I "capped" that) Jarrett with a poke to Starr's eye...Stroke is attempted, but Starr counters...LOW BLOW by Starr! Starr hooks him...STARR BUSTAH!!! Covers...the ref slowly recovers, ....1....2...NO! Ref took too long, JJ kicked out. Starr with a scoop slam, then climbs the ropes...450!!! But JJ gets the knees up!! OUCH! Jarrett gets to his feet...STROKE!! Cover, the ref is still dazed and takes a few seconds to get there, ....1.....2...Kick out by Starr. Jarrett argues with the ref, then shoves him once the ref turns around, knocking him back down.

To the outside, and Jarrett has the guitar....he sizes up Starr and....WHACK!!!! Guitar shot is nice, JJ gets rid of the evidence and revives the ref. Covers ......1......2.....NO! Starr kicked out. Jarrett sits Starr on the turnbuckles and heads up himself...he's looking to Stroke him from up there...(That sounds wrong...doesn't it?)...But Starr counters, and repositions JJ..Superplex!!! Both men are down. Ref gets up and counts to 8, before both men get to thier feet. Starr with a back elbow, snapmares JJ and then hits a basement dropkick for a two count. Starr picks up JJ..looking for the Starr Bustah, but JJ slides off, kick to the gut, STROKE!! JJ celebrates for a few seconds, and when he does go for the pin Starr kicks out at two! JJ looks heated, he puts the boots to Starr and then hits a another STROKE! Cover ....1.....2.....NO! Starr got his foot on the ropes. Jarrett argues with the ref, then bickers with the fans. Starr recovers and catches JJ with the CRUCAFIX BOMB!! .....1......2....NO!!! Jarrett kicked out. Starr wanted the three count. Jarrett with a low blow, STROKE! JJ goes to cover...but then changes his mind. He picks up Starr and hits ANOTHER STROKE!!! ......1.......2.....3!

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Match Thoughts: I really wanted to see Starr go over...but they really made him look strong despite the loss here. He both took and dished out alot of punishment, and just seemingly would not stay down for the three count. not bad, solid match here. **3/4

Tenay and West put over Starrs' performance, as we cut backstage. Team 3D is there with Borasch, and Ray says tonight is there night, tonight they finally acheive thier goal, and become the NWA World Tag Team champions, it's time to go INS on LAX, "OH MY BROTHER...TESTIFY!" That was short and too the point. We get a video about Team 3D/LAX and it's off to the match.

Team 3D -vs- Latin American Xchange w/ Konnan (NWA Tag Team Championships)

It's four man brawling to start, with Team 3D jumpin on LAX right at the bell. After the initual back and forth brawling LAX is dumped to the outside by 3D who stand tall in the ring. 3D then follows and the brawling continues on the floor. Cide gets whipped into the gaurdrail and Hernandes is sent into the ring post. Dvon DDTs Cide on the rampway and poses for the crowd, who is into this early. Ray clubs away on Hernades and sends him into the gaurdrail. Konnan looks to get involved but is chased away. Dvon rolls Cide inside and kicks and punches away on him. On the outside Konnan distracts Ray long enough for Hernandes to recover and kill Ray with a clothesline. Irishwhip by Dvon, who then hits the diving backelbow on Cide. Dvon suplexes Cide and covers for a two count. Against the ropes goes Dvon, Hernandes trips him up though and Cide gets a running mafia kick on Dvon. Tag to Hernandes as Ray has also made it back to his corner.

scoop slam by Hernandes is followed with a series of elbow and knee drops, chinlock applied by Hotstuff until Dvon is able to make it to his feet and break the hold. His comeback is stopped short though when Hernandes catches him with a belly to belly overhead throw! Great strenght by Hotstuff there. Hotstuff chokes away with his boot, before tagging in Homocide. Cide with chops and foreamrs in the corner, snapmare into a rear headlock. Dvon fights his way to his feet, and looks to regain some composure when Cide hits the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere for a two count. Cide goes for a powerbomb or something, but Dvon back body drops him and scrambles to make the tag to Ray. Ray cleans house, punches and backdrops to Cide and Hernandes. Clothesline sends Hernandes to the outside, Ray turns around and Cide grabs him and T-BONES HIM!! Ok...in fairness it was SO obvious how much Ray helped that, but tossing a 300+ lber like that is still pretty impressive, espacially for a guy Cide's size.

Cide heads uptop, Frogsplash misses and Ray climbs on the second turnbuckle...senton splash misses. (Has he EVER hit that move?) Cide with a dropkick sending Ray to the floor, then he follows up with a BEAUTIFUL flipping senton landing ontop of Ray on the outside. Dvon then jumps off the ringsteps and hits a flying clothesline on Cide! Check the hangtime baby!..ok..not really...but still a nice spot. Hernandes off the ropes with a SUICIDE DIVE onto Dvon!! "TNA" chants. Ray and Hotstuff battle it out and Ray gains the upperhand, tosses Hernandes back in but Konnan lowblows him from behind. Cide then pushes Ray inside and Hernandes calls for the Border toss...ya kindin'! right? Ray backdrops out of it though, and then catches Cide with a Bubba-cutter! Hernades gets hit with a Sitdown full-nelson bomb for a two count! Cide gets clotheslined to the outside!

Scoop slam on Hernandes, Dvon is on the top turnbuckle...WASSUP headbutt! Cover gets a two count. They call for the 3D, irishwhip but Hernandes clotheslines them both down to the matt! Hernades heads uptop...big Splash is missed! Hernandes to his feet....3D!!!! Cide springboards off the ropes and crossbodies BOTH Ray and Dvon though! Cide looks for the Gringo Killah...but Dvon counters...3D!!!! 3D to Homocide! Cover...But Konnan is on the ring paron distracting the ref. RUNT runs down and pulls K-Dawg off the apron...they brawl and Dvon pins Cide...but he barely kicks out! Konna gets free of Runt and gets back on the apron...he grabs the ref and tosses the slapjack into the ring. Hernandes grabs it Nails Dvon with it! He goes to hit Ray with it too, but Runt climbs in and takes it away from behind...then kicks a field gola right between Hotstuff's uprights! Ray wants a high five, but instead Runt LABELS HIM with the slapjack! Runt rolls Hernandes ontop of Ray and leaves...Konna jumps off the ring apron, looking surprised as the ref counts the three count!

Winners: LAX (Retain Tag Titles)

Match Thoughts: This was probably better than it had any right too be! Pretty face paced, good brawling and a heel turn. Interesting throughout. Not blow away match stuff mind you, but alot better than I thought it would be at first. Obviously LAX can go...didn't think 3D had any more matches this good left in them. If you like either of these two teams, I would defanitly recommend this match. ***1/4

Backstage with TNA X Champion Senshi. Shi says it doesn't matter if AJ and Daniels are on the same page or not, tonight he proves why he is the new face of the X Division...and he'll do it by beating the two men who used to be the face of the division.

Tenay and West talk about Brown/Rhino/Cage, and we get the customery video recap to go along with it.

Monty Brown -vs- Rhino -vs- Christian Cage

Cage jumps Rhino at the bell and the two start brawling away. Monty clubs on Rhino from behind, knocking him to the mat. Cage and Brown stare off, until Rhino gets back to his feet, and they both attack Rhino. Rhino sent against the ropes is hit with a double clothesline by Cage and Brown. Suplex by Cage and Brown puts the boots to him. Cage directs Brown, and they send Rhino into the corner, Cage follows up with a clothesline into the corner, and Monty hits one of his own. Cage with a manhatten drop, then Brown floors Rhino with a clothesline. Boston crab applied by Cage, and Brown applies a camel clutch move aswell, as Rhino finds himself in a double submission hold.

Cage and Brown both play the crowd, and then both go to nail the other at the same time, both men rock backwards and they start exchanging right hands. Cage ducks a clothesline and deposits Brown to the floor with a dropkick. Christian goes back to work on Rhino, preventing him from getting to his feet. Suplex by Cage gets a two count, Cage follows up with a backbreaker for another two count. Brown back in clubs away on Cage, irishwhip by Brown into a shoulderblock knocking Cage down, Monty follows up with a elbow drop. Cage gets backed into the corner and worked over some by Monty. Rhino has finally recovered and he charges at Brown, who moves, and Cage takes the full impact of the charge instead. Brown grabs Rhino and hits a fall away slam on him for a two count.

Suplex by Brown is blocked, and Rhino hits one of his own. Rhino mounts Brown and punches away, until Cage breaks it up. Cage tosses Rhino to the outside and puts the boots to Brown. Irishwhip and Christian gets a backbody drop on Brown, followed up by a couple of clotheslines to keep the big guy down. Front backbreaker by Cage gets a two count on Monty. Irishwhip is reversed by Brown and Rhino pulls down the ropes sending Cage crashing to the floor. Rhino beats on Cage some on the outside, and send him into the gaurdrail. Brown goes out and nails Rhino, then sends him into the gaurdrail. Brown scoops up Cage and runs him back first into the ringpost. Back inside Brown gets a two count. Monty climbs to the second turnbuckle, and hits a splash onto Cage for another two count. Cage tries to mount a comeback, but Brown catches him and nails the ALPHA BOMB!

Rhino comes in to break up the count, and belley to bellies Brown. Rhino with a piledriver that gets a two count. Irishwhip by Rhino, Brown ducks the clothesline and both men hit dual clotheslines on the return. Cage recovers and takes turns kicking both fallen opponants. Cage grabs Rhino and hits the Implant DDT on him for a two count. Then does the same to Brown, also getting a two count. Reverse DDT by Cage to both men, and he positions them head to head, and climbs the turnbuckles. He goes to Frogsplash on both thier heads, but both men move and Christian hits the mat. Brown and Rhin get to thier feet and Brown clothesline himself and Rhino to the outside. They brawl ont he outside, until Cage recovers and uses the ropes to slingshot himself over the top and onto both men. Cage tosses Rhino back inside, and looks for the unprettier, but Rhino shoves him off and hits the GORE! on Cage! Cover ...1....2...Cage kicked out! Brown comes chargin in at Rhino and punches away, irishwhip and Brown hits the POUNCE!!! over but Cage breaks it up.

Cage punches away on Brown, but Brown starts to return fire and punches away on him. Brown gets the upperhand, until Cage goes low...and hits a low blow on Brown. Crowd is stirring, Cage goes for the Unprettier and has him locked into it...but releases it and starts balking at someone on the outside. We see an attractive women, who Tenay indetifies...saying she used to be in TNA has "DESIRE". Didn't reconize her at first. Cage can be heard yelling "What are you doing here", Brown uses the distraction to toss Cage over the ropes to the outside, but then turns around into a GORE! from Rhino! ...1....2.....3! That's all she wrote. Cage bickers at Desire, then walks away...looking quite annoyed.

Winner: Rhino

Match Thoughts: What's up with Desire man!? She is pretty hot and all..but that was wierd...Russonomics baby. The match itself was...ok. Nothing to go out of your way to see, but nothing lackluster either. A decent brawl between three guys. Rhino was actually my last choice to win here..I would of thought Cage or Brown over him...but oh well. **1/2

Tenay and West ponder Desire showing up some more, and we had backstage to Jeremy Borasch who is with NWA Champion Sting. Sting says tonight he and Angle will get the job done, and praises Angle some more. He also reiterates his earlier statement, that Kurt is certainly welcome to try his luck and go for the NWA title.

Hype video for Final Resolution, next month on PPV.

Tenay and West ponder who Sting and Angle will do has a team, then we get a video recapping the short build between Styles/Daniels/Senshi and the match I've been waiting for is up next!

AJ Styles -vs- Christopher Daniels -vs- Senshi (TNA X Championship)

Here we go baby!!!

All three men stare off to start...neither wanting to make the first move seemingly. After a few seconds Styles and Daniels lock up...back and fourth with neither getting the advantage, they break and notice Senshi just standing there watching, Double chops to the chest of Shi! Irishwhip into a double flapjack by AJ and CD. Senshi to his feet gets meet with a double clothesline to the outside. Styles and Daniels exchange rights and chops, AJ gets the upperhand, against the ropes but Daniels catches him with a tilt-o-whirl backbreaker for barely a one count. Daniels chops away at Styles against the ropes, irishwhip is countered and AJ with a dropdown, on the return BEAUTIFUL dropkick from AJ. Senshi charges and clotheslines AJ, then tosses him outside. Dropkick to the knees of Daniels, then a big kick to the chest. A second, and CD dares him to do it again...Senshi winds up but CD catches the foot and AJ springboards backinside with a spinkick to Senshi!..while Daniels was still holding his foot. "TNA" chants early here.

Daniels with a running clothesline on AJ, Daniels mounts and punches away on him. Whip by Daniels, but AJ reverses and catches him with a snap powerslam on the return. Punches by AJ to CD. AJ with a go behind, CD reverses with one of his own, Senshi charges and both men duck...back body dropping Senshi! Nice! Shi quickly springs back to his feet though and clotheslines both men down! Shi tosses AJ into the corner and slugs away on him...stiff chops to AJ. Then a kick to the head of Styles. Daniels to his feet gets meet with a basement dropkick by Senshi, scoop slam by Shi..against the ropes with his best Muta impression with the spinning elbow drop. Styles out of the corner gets meet with a stiff kick to gut, Mongolian chops by Senshi, then a hard elbow to the back of the head. Snap suplex by Shi. Daniels gets knocked back down with a running clothesline by Senshi. Irishwhip attempt by Shi, but Styles reverses, dropkick attempted but Senshi holds onto the ropes...Yet AJ still lands on his feet!! Leapfrog by AJ, on the return AJ goes for the dropkick once more, but Shi holds onto the ropes again...and AJ lands on his back! Shi poses, then goes to get AJ, who Flips up..from his BACK..with a Hurricanrana! Styles picks up Shi into a torture rack...then flips him and drops him face first across his knee!

Daniels charges out of the corner and hits the running STO on Styles! Punches by Daniels, then he picks him up and scoop slams him. Suplex by Daniels on AJ. Shi back into the picture and he and CD slug it out. Shi with a series of stiff kicks to the calf of Daniels, then a snap suplex. AJ catches Shi with a high spinkick, and then bounces off the ropes with a spinning neckbreaker. AJ to the ring apron...Springboard flying forearm connects on Shi! Back to the paron, springboards in at Daniels, but Daniels catches him and drops him with a flatliner, then holds on into the Koji Klutch! AJ tries to fight it off...but can;t. He tries to get to the ropes...but can't, finally Shi breaks it up with a kick to the back of Daniels head! DEVASTING back suplesex by SHI! Daniels hit hard...damn! Shi with a Tajir like Karate kick to the head of the Fallen, Fallen Angle...ha...he was down...so he was fallen. AJ to his feet...HARD running front Dropkick to AJ sends him crashing into the corner! Shi positions him, and calls for the Warriors Way...but Daniels recovers and quickly gets over there, catching Shi on the top turnbukle and hitting a running DVD! Cover but Shi barely kicks out!

Springboard sitdown moonsault by Daniels gets another two count. AJ back to his feet clubs Daniels from behind, they exchange rights, until Daniels swings a little wildly and AJ ducks it...Backsuplex by AJ, who then holds on and snaps off a Facebuster on Daniels! Cover gets only a two count. Styles takes turns punching and kicking Daniels and Shi back to the mat. Daniels looks to scoop slam Styles, but AJ slides off his back and AJ German suplexes him! Senshi breaks up the pin though, and he takes turns kicking both fallen men. OH! Hard kick looked to knock AJ's damn teeth down his throat! Senshi crotches AJ backwards on the turnbuckle, then kicks Daniels in the head. Shi climbs the turnbuckle and hooks AJ...then drops back into the ring with a Dragon Clutch! AJ fights..and makes the ropes. Hard chops by Senshi! Shi charges at Daniels, backbody over the ropes, but Shi lands on the apron. Punch by Daniels blocked...Shi with a high kick to the face of Daniels. Shoulder block attempted but Daniels moves and then hits a knee lift to Shi. Daniels snaps his neck down accross the top rope and Senshi drops to the floor!

Daniels sizing him...Suicide Dive attempted but Senshi catches him with a Enziguri kick to Daniels WHILE he was looking to suicide dive! That move has to timed perfectly man! Senshi poses on the outside though, and doesn't see AJ who runs over and clears the ropes with a FALSBURY FLOP!!! "TNA" Chants again! This is freakin sweet. Aj rolls inside and goes after Daniels...Hangman's nuse neckbreaker gets a two count. AJ with a side backbreaker, but he holds on and turns it into a second one. AJ climbs uptop, Senshi back over and he Shoves AJ OFF the top rope to te floor, but AJ LANDS ON HIS FEET! Shi uptop...WARRIORS WAY!!! He got it on Daniels, but immedialtly following the moved Styles pulls Daniels to the outside, and slides back int he ring to go toe to toe with Senshi. AJ against the ropes, sunset flip..but Shi holds on and then counters with a double leaping foot stomp to the chest of AJ! Cover gets only a two count. Senshi picks up AJ...KI KRUSHER CONNECTS!!!! Cover, ....1.....2...AJ kicks out! Close. Chops and kicks by Shi, hard slap to the chest sends AJ off the ropes, he comes back with a sunset flip though, and holds on...getting to his feet and turning it into a STYLES CLASH!!! .....1.....2.....KICK OUT!! Senshi kicked out! Styles looks stunned!

Daniels is finally starting to show signs of life on the outside. Styles picks up Senshi, then springboards off the middle turnbuckle landing on his feet and turning it into a reverse DDT! ......1......2......NO!!! Senshi kicked out...doesn't get any closer than that! Tenay and West debate if it was actually a three or not. AJ chops away on Shi, and then Shi starts to return the chops...Senshi starts to get the upperhand, Styles with a spinning lariat ends that! Cover gets another two count. Styles going for a suplex, but Senshi small packages him for a two count. Both men up, Styles ducks the clothesline PELEE' is BATTED AWAY!! Senshi countered it. Shi picks him up...Release DRAGON SUPLEX!!! Shi back up, he hoistes AJ to the top rope...Supernarana....but AJ holds on....he has him hooked...STYLES CLASH OFF THE MIDDLE TURNBUCKLE!!! HOLY SH*T!!! Cover, ......1........2......Daniels Breaks it up!!! Daniels punches away on AJ, ducks an AJ clothesline and hits a jawbreaker, against the ropes with a jumping calf kick to AJ. Daniels calls for it, BME!!! Best Moonsault Ever connects! ....1.....2.....AJ Kicked out! Daniels picks him right back up...Fall From Grace!!! Cover ....1....2...Foot on the ropes! AJ was too close to the ropes. Daniels calls the the Angel's Wing's...but Senshi comes charging in and knocks him down! Dragon Clutch! Daniels is locked in it...he manages to fight his way to his feet, and then turns it into the ANGEL'S WINGS!!!! Cover ......1......2.....AJ SAVES! Styles and Daniels square off...Daniels misses a clothesline...PELEE'! AJ hit it this time! Styles goes for the Clash, but Daniels catches him with a knee....ANGEL'S WINGS!!! But he's too winded to make the cover!

Daniels slowly gets to his feet...Senshi's back up too, Basement Dropkick by Shi, He quickly grabs Daniels...KI KRUSHER! Senshi lets go though...he doesn't go for the pin, instead he's heading uptop. WARRIORS WAY CONNECTS AGAIN!!! Poor Daniels...taking that move twice! Styles back up though and he clotheslines Senshi to the outside, before falling back to his knees. Styles slowly heads uptop now....SPIRAL TAP!!! He got it on Daniels! Shi back in, and before AJ can cover he rolls him up from behind and grabs a handfull of tights .....1.....2......3!!!!! Senshi did it! Handfull of tights and all! FanF'Ntastic Match!

Winner: Senshi (retains X Title)

Match Thoughts: NOW THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR! Excellant match here folks! Three fantastic workers just going out, wowing the crowd, and beating the hell out of eachother. What else could you possibly ask for!? With it being so late in the year, it will be fresh on fans minds, so it could have an actual shot at MOTY. If you reading this (which, clearly you are) because you didn't see the ppv...order it for this match, if nothing else. Shi retaining actually surprised me, I was expecting them to do what they usally do, give it to AJ when the division is being reworked. But I love all three guys, so I can't complain either way. ****1/2

TO BE CONTINUED!

Edited by slimlayzie

Guest slimlayzie

OOC: Ok...I originally posted this as one part...but it messed up halfway through. Then I tried to repost the second part...but the server wasn't responding. Seems to be ok now. Sorry for the two part post.

turningpointyr4.jpg

TNA TURNING POINT - CONTINUED

We cut backstage and Borasch is back again, this time looking for Christian. We peak around a corner and see Cage and Desire argueing about something, Cage sees Borasch though and he cuts off the arguement. He walks towards him and yells that it would be nice to have some freakin privacy. Cage heads out the door, with Desire following yelling at him to "wait up baby...wait!" OK?

Tenay and West wonder about the relationship between Cage and Desire, and Tenay adds that he's heard gossip from the boys in the back that Cage and his wife are going through some problems. I wonder if Joe and Abyss gossip...that'd be kinda funny...it's actually a funny thought too. I like that they actually acknowledged that he already HAS a wife...espacially since they did a big angle about Abyss stalking her earlier in the year.

Hype video for the next match airs.

The Steiner Brothers 2007 -vs- (NWA Champion) Sting & Kurt Angle

All four men brawl to start us off, with Angle and Scott going at it, aswell as Rick and Sting. Sting deposites Rick to the outside, and Follows...so it's Angle and Scott to start us off. After continueing to punch away abit more, Angle goes for an amature styles takedown, but Steiner stops it with some hard clubs to the back of Angle. Elbows to the back of Kurt's head, and then a clothesline knocks him down. Steiner grabs him and belly to bellies the man, and poses for the crowd. Another one is attempted, but Angle counters and hits one of his own on Scott. He gets up looking shocked that Kurt over powered him, and then walks around regaining his compusure and talking to himself...or Kurt, can't be sure with Scott. They lock up and Steiner backs Angle into the corner, ref breaks and Steiner goes for a cheap punch, but Angle counters and slides out of the way. They lock up again, and this time Angle backs Steiner into the corner, and he gives a clean break.

Angle and Steiner talk trash, and Angle gets on his hands and knees, daring Scott to try and out wrestle him. Stiner looks to try, then instead kicks Angle in the ribs. elbow drop by Steiner, then he punches away at Angle. A German suplex by Steiner...who's reaching into the old moves list here. Angle to his feet, shakes it off. They lock up and Angle with a go behind, German;'s Steiner! Steiner gets up pretty quickly and grabs the back of his neck, then shoves Kurt. Who decided to "Whooo" in Scott's face. Scott punches away, and Angle returns fire, until a poke to the eye ends that. Belly to Belly by Steiner, then an irishwhip into a clothesline and an elbow drop, which is ofcourse followed up by Scott doing some push ups. Steiner tags in his brother Rick, who kicks away at Angle. Side headlock by Rick...but Angle quickly counters into a back drop.

Angle tags in Sting and the champ goes to work on Rick. Punches and chops in the corner, and Sting plays the crowd. Irishwhip into a clothesline by Stinger, and he follows that up with three more clotheslines. Rick goes low though, and the ref gives him an earful. Scoop slam, but rick almost dumped Sting on his head! Punches to the downed Sting by Rick. Ugly looking Bulldog by Rick gets barely a two count. Sting is sent against the ropes and Rick almost screws up a powerslam! Cover gets a two count. Rick works Sting over some more, and hits a suplex...which he actually did properly. Irishwhip but Sting ducks a clothesline and on the return it's a double clothesline. Both men down...both make tags.

Scott and Angle fight away, just exchanging rights and chops. Angle with an amature takedown and they do a little bit of chain wrestling which gets a decent reaction from the crowd...but they've been into this so far. Steiner knees Kurt in the gut, then picks up and press slams him down. Cover gets a two count. Scoop slam by Scott, who punches away on Kurt. Kurt mounts a come back, but it's stopped by Rick running in and clotheslineing him down. Scott with a belly to belly, he then hits another. Cover gets a two count. Angle with a go behind, drops Scott and applied the Ankle Lock...but Scott kicks him in the face to break it. Tag to Stinger. Sting and Scott exchange rights, Sting gets control and manages a back body drop on Scott. STINGER SPLASH connects too! Sting gets the Scorpian Deathlock on Scott, but Rick comes in to break. Angle then labels Rick before returning to his corner. Scott moves on a second Stinger Splash attempt, and goes for a slam, but Sting slides off his back and hits the Scorpian DeathDrop! Cover gets only a two count though. Sting takes in Angle.

Angle works on Scott, rights and kicks followed by a go behind into a takedown. Steiner rakes the eyes again, and tags in Rick. Rick clotheslines Angle down, and then gets a DDT...i think...it was supposed to be anyway. Cover gets a two count. Angle takes a few shots to the face from Rick...then decideds enough is enough, and goes apeshit. Rapid fire punches from Kurt, German Suplex by Angle! Angle celebrates some and then trash talks with Scott. Rick charges, but Angle sees him and it's Multiple German Suplex time people! Angle calls for the Ankle Lock...but Scott charges and nails him from behind. This brings Sting in, who clotheslines both himself and Scott to the outside. Rick perches on the turnbuckles waiting for Angle...when Angle gets up he hits the Top rope Bulldog! Angle kicks out though, and Rick goes to pick him up, but Kurt's playing possum, and Lays him out with an ANGLE SLAM! That's all she wrote. Angle celebrates.

Winners: Sting & Kurt Angle

Match Thoughts: The crowd was all kinds of into this...and the match was pretty entertaining too, although much shorter than I expected. Rick did not look good out there, but Angle was himself, Sting was pretty solid, and Steiner seems to be continueing the resurgance he showed earlier in the year in TNA. Three good performaces that where able to mask one bad one, made for a good enough match here. Gotta wonder how many performances like that Rick can have before some one realises paying him isn't the best business decision. **1/2

Backstage we see "The Franchise" Shane Douglas by himself...hey, no Borasch! Douglas is here to let us all know that the Shane Douglas Invitation Only Tag Team Tournament will begin on this weeks Impact! (What's with TNA and these Loooong ass names for thier gauntlets/tourneys.) The first two matches in the tourney will occur on Impact, and he's lined up some great teams for us. He says Team 3D was excluded because of thier being in the tag team title match tonight, he also said AMW wouldn't be in it...because they've already owned the tag division...this tournament is about finding the next great team. Sounds cool.

Tenay and West hype up the importance of the main event, and talk about what a great night it's been. We get a nice video package detailing Joe's rise in TNA, and his oppositions recent success.

"The Monster" Abyss w/ James Mitchell -vs- Samoa Joe - #1 contenders match

Joe and Abyss stare down to start...A long intense staredown too. Finally Abyss throws the first punch and Joe retaliates, they go back and forth for abit, neither man getting the clear cut advantage. Abyss sends Joe rocking first, then a big right sends Abyss rocking backwards aswell, finally they just got at it like crazy. Joe counters a punch and goes rapid fire with slaps and elbows to Abyss. Clothesline by Joe...but Abyss doesn't leave his feet. Another one and Abyss still won't go down. Trash talking ensues...Joe against the ropes with a clothesline, Abyss rocks back abit, but still stays on his feet. Again, but this stime Joe leaves his feet with a diving clothesline and takes the big man down too. Crowd pops big time.

Joe backs Abyss into the corner and punches away on him, Abyss counters by just shoving Joe backwards and then pounces on him with punches of his own. Abyss backs Joe into against the ropes, and overhand chaops him several time. Irishwhip by Abyss who connects with a big boot on the return. Abyss drops down and starts choking away at Joe, The ref eventually gets Abyss to break the hold. Abyss picks up Joe into a scoop slam position, but then just falls forward into a powerslam. Cover but Joe's out before two. Abyss punches away at Joe, and then sends him into the corner...running clothesline but Joe moves, then charges at Joe with a leaping knee to the face. Joe slaps and kicks away at Abyss, until Joe is sitting in the corner, and then uses the face wash on the Monster. Against the ropes for the charging olay kick, but Abyss pulls himself up using the ropes and quickly and catches Joe with a clothesline. Irishwip by Abyss, and he catches Joe with a flapjack on the return.

Joe stumbles into the corner, and Abyss chops and punches away on him, irishwip into the opposite corner and Abyss charges at Joe, but he gets the boot up and Abyss runs right into it. Inverted atomic drop by Joe, against the ropes leaping Yakuza kick on Abyss! Running Senton! Cover gets a two count. Joe mounts Abyss and reigns right hands on him. Soccer style kick to the ribs of Abyss. Joe brings him to his feet and delivers a few kicks to the calf of Abyss, elbows to the head of Abyss...Joe goes off the ropes and connects with a running leg lariat to The Monster. Cover gets only a two count. Joe brings Abyss to the corner and sits him on the top turnbuckle...he's looking for the Muscle Buster!!! Abyss fights it off though, and double axe handles down on Joe. Clothesline knocks Joe down, running leg drop by Abyss gets a two count. Abyss picks up joe in a Torture Rack position...and drops down with the DOOMS DAY DEVICE!! Abyss is CRAZY strong! Cover but Joe kicks out! Mitchell is barking orders at Abyss, He has a chair now and hands it to Abyss. Joe chrages though and clotheslines Abyss to the outside.

TWISTING SUICIDE DIVE BY JOE ON ABYSS!! Freaking SWEET! "TNA" Chants erupt. Both men back to thier feet, but Abyss still has the chair and WAFFLES Joe with a Chair shot! The ref comes out to take the chair from Abyss...so Abyss Hits HIM with the chair! Another chair shot to Joe. Abyss tosses him inside and then slides a table into the ring aswell. Joe to his feet and a big boot knocks him down! Abyss sets up the table, and another ref hits the ring and tries to stop him...but he eats a BLACKHOLE SLAM!! Here comes a THIRD REF and he....calls for the bell!!? He's disqualifying Abyss!? Crowd goes apeshit with boos. Don't blame them!

But alas...CORNETTE IS HERE! Jim says this match is way too important to end that way. So someone collect the refs, and get a ref who is willing to just stand there and count. That's all they have to do...there must be a DECISIVE winner, no cheap DQs. RESTART THE MATCH!

Bell rings and Abyss grabs Joe, but Joe's had enough of this shit, and he murders Abyss with a jumping Enziguro...seriously...that one REALLY connected. Joe positions the table in the corner, and lays Abyss out on top of it. He climbs to the middle turnbuckle and poses...but Abyss recovers and grabs Joe by the throat...CHOKE SLAM THROUGH THE TABLE!!!! Off the middle turnbuckle...NICE! Cover ....1.....2....NO! Abyss can't beleive it, but Joe kicked out. Abyss goes back outside and slides a chair in. He then LABELS Joe with a stiff chair shot. Back outside it's time for another table. Abyss brings it into the ring and clubs away on Joe. He then positions the table in the corner again. He lays Joe ontop of the Table and proceeds too...CLIMB THE ROPES! Joe recovers and catches him though...then just like BACK BODY'S HIM THROUGH THE TABLE! Joe covers ...1....2...Abyss kicked out!

Both men remain down for a little bit...until Joe stirs. He grabs the chair and Nails Abyss with it! To the outside and it's time for Table #3! He sets it up in a differant corner, and punches way on Abyss...then lays him down on it. Joe climbs to the middle turnbuckle...SENTON!!! Right throught the table! Cover ......1.....2.....NO! Abyss kicked out! Joe picks him up, and goes against the ropes...but Mitchell trips him up and Abyss DDTS him!! Both men are down...and stay down for atleast 10-15 seconds. Finally both men get to thier feetJoe punches away, until Abyss counters with a quick CHOKESLAM!! .....1.....2....NO!! Joe kicked out!

Abyss punches away on Joe...then goes to send him into the corner, but Joe reverses and then follows up with a charging leaping knee to the face of Abyss! Joe uses his boot to choke Abyss in the corner, and then does the face wash! Joe grabs the chair and places it IN FRONT of Joe's head! Against the ropes...OLAY KICK!!! Cover ....1.....2....Abyss kicked out! Joe hoistes up Joe in a fireman's carry...then drops back with a Soman Drop! Cover gets a two count. Joe punches away on Abyss, off the ropes and he clotheslines him down. Against the ropes again, but Joe catches him and looks for a Chokeslam...Abyss counters though...KOKITA KLUTCH!!!!

James Mitchell enters the ring and hits Joe with his cane! After about 5 or 6 whacks, Joe finally releases the hold...but Mitchell doesn't get out quick enough and Joe grabs him...Leaping Enziguro connects!!! Mitchell is laid out! Joe back to his feet turns into a BLACKHOLE SLAM!!!! .....1.......2.....3NO!!!!! JOE KICKED OUT! He cut that awfully close! Abyss is all kinds of pissed...he motions with his hands that it was three. Abyss back on the attack though, irishwip looking for another Blackhole Slam, but Joe counters KOKITA KLUTCH!!! No Mitchell to break it up! Abyss fights it, but after a good 45 seconds or so...he stops moving. The ref checks his arm three times, and calls for the bell! Its' all over!

Winner: Samoa Joe (New #1 contender to NWA Title)

Match Thoughts: Having the match switched to a no dq affair in the middle was smart, as it really picked up from there. Hard fought match and a great effort by both guys. Joe going over was pretty obvious, but they still managed to make it look like Abyss MIGHT get the win here. Very good brawl. ****

This has been a presentation of TNA Entertainment

Show Thoughts: Let's see...Seven matches on the card. 2 where ***+ matches, two more where **** or better. And the other four where all atleast pretty good. Was it the best TNA ppv? no. Was it the best PPV of the yeaR? no. But it has to be one of the better ones this year, and better than most of the other companies PPVs. It had some very good brawling, a great hardcore encounter between Joe and Abyss, an excellant threeway with Styles/Daniels/Senshi, an apparent revival of Team 3D against LAX, and a VERY solid opening matchup. Alot of stuff worth seeing and enjoying, and some wierd stuff with Cage/Desire. But we'll see where that leads. Defanitely recommend ordering the replay, trust me...you'll want to see the three way X match and the Abyss/Joe main event.

EWR Notes

Overall - 81

MOTN - 3 way X-Division

Austin Starr, Bobby Roode, Mike Sanders, Brother Runt and Desire all gained overness from the event.

Edited by slimlayzie

Guest slimlayzie

NEWS & Headlines following TNA's Turning Point

Turning Point a Who's who of available wrestlers

The backstage area was swarmed last night at TNA's Turning Point PPV. Billy Kidman was backstage lobbying for work, TNA officials are reportably high on Kidman, but don't feel there's any room for him at the moment.

ROH Champion Bryan Danielson was backstage aswell, hanging with some of his fellow Ring of Honor buddies. TNA has had talks with Danielson, though nothing appears to be close to being decided.

Kid Kash was backstage at the event aswell, though TNA officials informed he was welcome to stay to visit anyone he liked, but they where not interested in bringing him back. Kash burned a few bridges in TNA his last run there.

Independant star Chris Hero was also backstage at the event, he was seen joking around with Homocide and Christopher Daniels prior to the event starting.

Marcus "Buff" Bagwell was backstage at the event aswell, He was seen talking with Sting and Rick Steiner just prior to thier tag match against eachother. Russo has run the idea of bringing him in past Jarrett, but Dixie Carter is hesistant right now.

Jericho to attend Impact Tapings!

Chris Jericho is set to attend the TNA Impact Tapings this week, though will not be appearing on screen. Christian invited him to hang, and Jericho's group Fozzy will be in the area anyway. The general feeling is Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett will no doubt pitch the idea of joining TNA by him. Chris is not expected to start wrestling for any company in the near future though.

"Diva" Reunion at Turning Point

Three former WWE Divas were also backstage at Turning Point last night. Amy Dumas, formerly known as Lita was there to hear a "sales" pitch of sorts from Jarrett. Trish Stratus and Victoria where also backstage at the event. Victoria is also on TNA radar, as Russo wants to start up an actual Women's Division once TNA gets more tv time. Trish was there visiting Christian, and is also expected to be at the Impact Tapings. TNA has strong interest in Trish, but she is currently enjoying retirement too much and it's very doubtful she'd be open to appearing for the company.

Desire officially signs TNA Contract

Desire has officially signed a deal with TNA as of last night at the PPV. She was pitched thier ideas over the phone, and asked if she was interested in returning to the company. She arrived yesterday afternoon, and was handed a contract to look over. She signed the contract prior to appearing on the ppv.

The Kings of Wrestling headed to TNA!?

Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero will be working the Global Impact Tapings at this weeks Impact Tapings. There is no word as to if this could lead to more, or if it's just a one time deal. We will update when possible.

Joe -vs- Angle coming up soon!

The current plan for Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle is to start a program together in the next couple months. Its likely after Kurt's fued with Steiner ends, he will work a small program with either Jeff Jarrett or Christian Cage, before moving onto the dream match that is Angle -vs- Joe. TNA feels this could be big money for them, and are hoping the company will be abit more known by the time these two hook up.

Starr headed back to the X Division

The reasoning behind the Starr/Jarrett program was get Starr more notice and a higher profile match for the pay per view. He is expected to return to the X Division as soon as tommorrow's Impact tapings. TNA is still very high on the man, and a push in the division is very likely.

Nash at it again

TNA filmed a video segment last night prior to the pay per view involving Nash and Sabin talking about TNA and wrestling in general. Nash was said to have taken several shots at WWE and WCW, aswell has made jokes and dropped names as per usual. The segment is expected to air on the 12/21 edition of Impact.

World X Cup to be bigger this year.

The World X-Cup is expected to run for abit longer this year, and take up abit more TV time this year. There is even some talk of devoting a whole episode of Impact to the tournament. Other wrestlers would appear, but all the matches would be X-Cup matches. The X-Cup is set to consist of Canada, Mexico, Japan and U.S.A. once again. It will start in Febuary or March. TNA is already trying to get Jushin Lyger to captain the Japan team. Petey Williams is expected to captain the Canadian team again.

Guest slimlayzie

I do hope you guys enjoyed Turning Point, Final Resolution is a few weeks away!

douglastourneyhv2.jpg

TNA Impact! Preview for December 21, 2006

Sunday night on Pay Per View TNA reached a Turning Point, the effects of that incredible event are bound to be felt this Thursday night on Impact!

Sunday night a hellacious battle took place between a "Monster" and a "Machine"! When all was said and done it was the "Machine" who stood tall, and became the #1 Contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! That "Machine", was ofcourse Samoa Joe! Joe will be in the Impact Zone this week on Impact, and has already made it clear that he intends on confronting the NWA World Heavyweight Champion...The Legand Sting!

Last night saw a hard fought battle between three of the toughest men to ever step foot in a wrestling ring, those three men where Christian Cage, Monty Brown and Rhino. Rhino picked up the victory, but perhaps just has noteworthy was the percular apperance of Kim Neilson, formerly known to TNA fans as Desire. What is the connection between Desire and Christian Cage? Why did she refer to him as "Baby" when Cage stormed off? Isn't she aware that Cage is a MARRIED MAN!? This week on Impact we will hear from the man himself, Christian Cage, in hopes of sheding some light on the situation.

As for the other two men involved in that triangle match, Monty Brown and Rhino will both be in the Impact Zone this week, when the two men do battle against eachother, one on one! Don't miss what is sure to be a stellar main event, this week on SpikeTv!

At Turning Point Kurt Angle joined forced with the NWA Champion Sting to defeat The Steiner Brothers, a family matter will keep Angle away from Impact this week, but one has to wonder if Rick and Scott will show up anyways?

Sunday night Jeff Jarrett was able to escape from Turning Point with a win over the shooting "Starr" of wrestling, Austin Starr. The former NWA Champ has already made his intentions fully known to anyone willing to listen, he's not done with the NWA Title. Jeff has claimed he will confront Sting this Thursday night about getting another title shot. But with the undefeated Samoa Joe standing in way, as the rightful #1 contender, one has to wonder if Jarrett will follow through on his claims.

This week on Impact sees the start of the "Shane Douglas Invitation Only Tag Team Tournament". "The Franchise" has hand selected eight tag teams to participate in this single elimination bracket, the first two matches of the Tournament will take place this week on Impact! Who will the four teams consist of, and which of those four will move one step closer to a shot at the NWA World Tag Team Titles at TNA's Against All Odds in two months time?

Finally, the last couple weeks on TNA's internet only broadcast "Global Impact", Roderick Strong and "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams have exchanged wins in two competitive contests, this week on Impact will be the rubber match between to two X Division competitors, who will walk away with the bragging rights?

All this and so much more! It all goes down at 9p.m. this thursday night on TNA Impact! Only on SpikeTv!

Guest slimlayzie

douglastourneyhv2.jpg

TNA Impact! Report

The Impact! Xperience

12-21-06

So Turning Point has come and gone, and now we move onward towards TNA's next ppv Final Resolution. Anyone who ordered the event or read the recap knows it was a solid show, with some interesting stuff and two great matches. A couple other solid matches too. So will Final Resolution have instore for us...let's see if we can't get some answers, or atleast some clues tonight.

This is TNA...the new face of professional wrestling

Opening video is a recap of Turning Point, and then it's right to the opening credits video. Tenay and West talk about the show, including the start of Douglas' Tournament. They hype up Rhino and Monty Brown's matchup tonight and get interupted by Samoa Joe's Music.

Samoa Joe makes his way to the ring to a nice reaction from the crowd. Joe has a microphone, he says Sunday night was the night everyone of TNA's fans had been waiting for, the night where he officially became the #1 Contender. Joe said Final Resolutiion is along way from now, and he wants to warm up for the big bout. Joe calls out Sting to come meet him in the ring, after a few moments it's Jeff Jarrett who answers the call instead. Jarrett says Joe needs to face reality, and realise that he's not the #1 contender until he goes through the man who has held that title longer than anyone in TNA's history. Joe reminds Jeff that he's already pinned him clean, in the middle of the ring on two seperate occassions. Jarrett replies with "once is a fluke, twice is luck, but three times and you've accomplished something". JJ dares Joe to put his number one contendership on the line, Joe looks to be contemplating the idea, but then instead rushes JJ and the two men brawl on the rampway. Security hits the scene and is able to get between both men.

Tenay and West give thier opinions on what just transpired before we head back to the ringside area.

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas is making his way into the ring now, and grabs himself a microphone. Douglas says that the time has come, the time for his Naturals to prove thier worth once and for all, and the time for seven other teams to try and make a name for themselves. He adds that every team in TNA wanted to be apart of the tournament, but he chose the best of the best. The teams that look to make an impact now, and the teams he thinks can make an impact in the future. He says everyone who;s followed his carear will be surprised at one of the choices he made...because anyone who knows him knows his personal feelings on the man, but business is business. Douglas wants everyone to realise who much people wanted to be aprt of this tournament. He says that even after these two men killed eachother in an incredible triple threat match at Turning Point, Douglas was able to get AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels to re-team together and partake in the tournament, they will be wrestling tonight. But first...he wants to introduce HIS pick to win the whole thing, the Newly Franchised...Naturals! The Naturals join Douglas at ringside and wait for thier opponant to be introduced.

The Naturals -vs- "Maverick" Matt Bently & Kazerian -Shane Douglas Tournament-

Andy Douglas and Kazerian start off with a lock up and some go behinds, Kaz with a back elbow, snapmares Douglas down. Douglas fights off a rear chin lock and connects with a few rights on Kazerian. Chops by Douglas, irishwhip and Douglas with a running knee to the face of Kazerian. Kaz quickly tags in Bently who is dropped by a clothesline then a back body drop by Douglas. Tag to Chase Stevens, Chase with a suplex to Bently. Irishwhip but Chase puts his head down too soon and Bently gets a spinning neckbreaker on Chase. Scoop slam by Bently, he then goes uptop and hits a flying elbow drop onto Chase for a two count. Tag to Kazerian, and they try a double suplex, but Chase counters into a double DDT. Tag to Douglas who drops both opponants with clotheslines. Douglas tells Chase to go uptop. He hoistes Kazerian up for a powerbomb...but Chse takes too long getting up there, and Bently shoves Chase to the outside. Superkick on Douglas, but he catches Bently's foot. Kazerian low blows Douglas from behind, and that allows Bently to Connect with the Superkick! Kazerian rolls him up ....1....2....3. The Naturals are out folks.

Winners: Bently & Kazerian @3:47

After the pinfall Shane Douglas comes back out and slaps both Andy and Chase across the face, then spits in Chase's face. Douglas storms off telling them that he's "through with thier worthless asses"

Match Thoughts: Not much of a match here...very surprised by the outcome. Seems an odd way to end the angle, but I guess either there is something else planned for them, or TNA is giving up on them altogether. *3/4

After a commercial break Tenay and West relive Douglas bitchslappin' The Naturals, and Chase and Andy are shown packing thier bags in the back looking all sorts of pissed off.

Brother Ray of Team 3D makes his way to the ringside area with a microphone in his hands. Ray says they where so close to accomplishing thier dream last night, and cementing themselves as the greatest tag team in wrestling history. That wasn't to be though...and it was because of one person. Ray wants to know "why?". He says anyone who has followed thier carears knows that the three of us haven't always gotten along. But to take history away from his brothers last night was unexcusable. He wants Runt to know that he's not here to pick a fight. He says Dvon isn't here because he knows things would get out of control with his brother Dvon's tempter. But Ray hasn't been able to get ahold of Runt all week, and he wants to know face to face, why Runt did what he did. Ray calls Runt out.

Brother Runt makes his way to ring, and refuses to face Ray. He just grabs the mic and walks away. Runt says Ray and Dvon acted like they gave a (bleeped out...guess what he said?) about him before they went on thier sabbatical. They told him to stay out of trouble, and hold things down. But as soon as they returned they forgot about him. They couldn't be bothered to give thier so called brother, the time of day. He says it was all about Ray and Dvon. He says his whole carear it's always been about Ray and Dvon. He's the third wheel, the "other brother", well he's sick of it. It's his turn to be the biggest brother of them all. Abyss hits the ring and he and Ray start duking it out, until Runt clips his legs from behind. James Mitchell tells Abyss to finish off Ray, and the "Monster" and Runt double team him, until Abyss hits the Blackhole Slam! Runt grabs the mic again, and says that since his own brothers couldn't be bother to have his back, he made a deal with the devil, and now he's got a Monster watching his back.

Tenay and West act all sorts of Shocked and appauled at Runt, and we head to a commercial.

Petey Williams -vs- Roderick Strong

Petey and Strong circle eachother to start. Tenay and West put over how competitive thier Global matches where the last two weeks. Strong shoots for Peteys leg and takes him down, Rod floats over into a front headlock and Petey quickly makes his way back to his feet. A few elbows break the headlock and Petey with a go behind, takedown by Williams into a wishbone submission. Petey starts taunting Roderick, but damn it Petey...it's too soon to be doing that. Strong powers out and hits a front dropkick on Petey. STIFF chps by Strong, irishwhip into a high backbody drop by Strong. Roderick backs Petey into a corner and chops away some more. Petey finally reverses though and he chops away...though his chops aren't as impressive. Irishwhip into the corner by Petey, follow up but Roderick gets the boot up into Petey's face. Clothesline by Strong, cover gets a two count. Strong clotheslines Petey to the outside, but he lands on his feet. Williams back on the ring apron, they exchange punches and Petey gets the upperhand. Williams attempts to suplex Roderick to the outside, Strong counters and then pulls petey half way into the ring. Roderick has Petey in a double underhook, but Petey's feet are hanging on the ropes, and Strong turns that into a flipover backbreaker! Cover gets a two count. Petey misses a clothesline and Strong gets him in a torture rack, and turns that into a SWEET backbreaker! Cover gets another two count. Irishwhip by Strong, counter on the return by Petey into his pattened flipover Russian leg sweep. Cover gets a two count. Petey's calling for the Destroyer. Has him but Strong counters and has him up for an Alabama Slam-esque manuever. Petey kicks his legs until he's able to force Roderick to put him down, and then immediatly transfers into a CANADIAN DESTROYER! Cover and it's all over baby. Petey then helps Strong to his feet, before the leaving the ring.

Winner: Petey Williams @ 6:26

Match Thoughts: Wish they gave them more time, but it was a pretty solid match. It's nice that they build this match around the fact they split two matches against eachother on Global Impact. Makes the show seem like maybe it means a little something. **3/4

After the match we immediatly cut to a pretaped interview segment with Christian Cage. Cage is aksed about Desire and what was going on between them. Cage says it's pretty common knowledge with the "boys". He and his wife have been having problems, and he meet Desire after a house show one night. One thing lead to another, and "Kim was the one who had the Desire...the Desire to be with Christian Cage". Cage can't blame her though, why wouldn't you want to be with a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion like him, espacially since he's one rightful shot shot away from reclaiming that title. When asked why Desire showed up at Turning Point, Cage said because she has a few screws loose. He says she was a few days..."late, lets just say", and freaked out. Ofcourse it turned out to be a false alarm, but it did serve to get him kicked out of his house. But Cage says it's all good..because if his wife was willing to do the stuff Desire is...well, "there would be absolutely no problems in the relationship".

The topic shifts towards the match at Turning Point, and Cage says it was a shame that Desire distracted him, otherwise he had Monty beat. He says he's not too worried about it though, because he knows how to fix it. When asked how, Cage says we'll just have to wait and see.

Tenay and West talk about how low Cage is for cheating on his wife, and so fourth. We cut to commercial.

The Papparrazzi -vs- AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels -Shane Douglas Tournament-

Shelley and Devine jump AJ and CD prior to the bell and it starts off with all four men duking it out back and fourth. AJ starts to get the better of Shelley with a few good rights and forearms. Shelley gets rocked backwards, but when AJ charges forward Alex connects with a spinning back kick and follows that with a snapmare and a kick to the back of AJ's head. Daniels and Devine end up on the outside, and Devine tries to send CD into the gaurdrail but it's reversed and Devine is sent into it instead. Back insdie Shelley has a deathlock hold on Styles, Styles is able to break it fairly quickly though and Shelley has to kick him back down. AJ goes for that amazing hurricanrana from his back via a kip up, but Shelley actually counters the move by catching AJ's legs and turns it into a boston crab. AJ gets the ropes and Shelley breaks. Tag to Devine who then applies a leg lock variation. Styles fights out and gets to his feet, Devine misses a clothesline and Styles snaps off a neckbreaker. Tag to Daniels who charges in with a couple of clotheslines to Devine. Irishwhip and a jumping calf kick from Daniels gets a two count. Eye rack by Devine, who tags in Shelley. Armbar takedown by A.S. Daniels breaks and leaps to tag in AJ. AJ and Shelley fight in the middle of the ring. Shelley connects with a Standing Dropkick, but AJ springs back to his feet and hits one of his own. Spinning back kick rocks Shelley, Devine tags himself in before AJ clotheslines Shelley to the outside. AJ looks to dive onto Shelley, but Devine runs in and AJ ducks his attempted clothesline, PELEE'! Daniels tells AJ that Devine is the legal man, so Styles hits the STYLES CLASH and that's all she wrote.

Winners: AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels @ 4:37

Match Thoughts: Too short to be much, but fast faced and action packed made it a damn fun little match. **1/2

Following the match we cut backstage to Jeremy Borasch who is standing by with the NWA Champion Sting. Borasch asks Sting for his thoughts on facing Samoa Joe at Turning Point for the NWA Title. Sting says Joe is a machine, and one of the best wrestlers in any promotion in country. He says Joe is world class, and he is wrestling. But that doesn't mean Sting is going to let Joe take the title from him. Sting says he knows alot of fans want to see Joe with the title, but Sting has to question if Joe is truly ready to hold the gold. Sting thinks one day Joe will make a great World champion, but he isn't ready to step down just yet. Sting forgot how good it felt to be a World Champion, the pride it instills in one's own self. He loves the feeling, and if Joe plans on taking that away from him, he better be ready to bring all he has...because the champ will be bringing it all at the ppv. Borasch asks Sting about Jeff Jarrett, and Sting says JJ is a spotlight hog, a man who isn't happy unless all eyes are on him. He says JJ had his oppertunity, and now it's time for other people to have thiers.

Jeff Jarrett steps into the screen with a "is that so" response to Stingers comments. Sting nods and JJ steps up to him, the two men stand toe to toe, eye to eye in a long intense staredown. Jarrett says Sting just needs to wait for it, because he will be the man to beat him for the NWA Title, not Joe or anyone else. Jarrett gives a Sting a little shove, and then slowly backs away. Impact cuts to a commercial.

Back from Commercial with the latest video from Paparrazzi Productions. 'Paparrazzi Productions Presents, in association with Nash Enterprises, The Insiders" is shown on the screen. We cut to a dressing room area where Kevin Nash and Chris Sabin are shown sitting at a bench. Nash says today is the dawning of a New World...ORDER! ORDER! Nash yells, telling Shelley and Devine to keep it down off camera. He has aligned himself with the baddest of the bad guys. SCOTT....HALL! Scott...go wait in the Hall! Sorry says Nash...that was his driver Scott. Nash says back to business, and wants us to meet the new and improved Chris Sabin. He says Sabin is a "Bad Guy", but the best of the bad guys. Nash then makes a joke about how Sabin is abit shorter than the last "bad guy" he teamed with, but just as bad none the less. Nash says he doesn't feel like an "Outsider" anymore...he's now an Insider. He and Sabin are the Insiders so to speak. Sabin finally talks, and he's worried about being sued by the "E Promotion". Nash says there's more talent in thier legal department then on thier tv shows over there, and isn't worried about them though. Sabin says things are going to change drastically around here, cause thier taking over. Devine pops into camera view and thinks they should be the "Papparrazzi World Order", Shelley nixes that idea, saying there is already a PWO in some women's wrestling promotion, but the P stands for something totally differant. Nash wants to know what...Shelley whispers it in his ear, and Nash wants Alex to remind him to check that stuff out sometime. (BTW: PWO stands for Pussy World Order in WEW Women's wrestling) Nash says they got the news...and he and Sabin get to show everyone what thier made of because they are in the Tournament "that Shane guys is doing". Sabins says he thought they didn't get along, and Nash says they dont...but when your Kevin Nash...people want you to be a part of anything big. Nash closes with saying unlike back in the day in Atlanta, TNA doesn't have to worry about an attack from some Outsiders, because the threat is now on the Inside. Good little segment.

After the video we cut to Tenay and West who say that Nash never amazes them, because the guy will say anything that pops into his head. It's time for the Main Event.

Rhino -vs- Monty Brown

They start off exchanging rights in the center of the ring, trading back and fourth until Rhino starts to get the upperhand. Monty ends that with a knee to the gut though, and then delivers a standing clothesline to knock Rhino down. Scoop slam by Monty covers for not even a two count. Hard punches by Brown, and then he knocks Rhino down with a clothesline. Rhino gets to his feet and Monty charges, Rhino elevates him though and sends him over the top rope to the outside. Rhino uses the top rope to springboard himself to the outside and on top of Monty Brown. Both men are down and we take a commercial @1:57

Back from commercial at the 6:33 mark with Brown holding Rhino in his arms, fall away slam by Monty! Cover nets a two count. Suplex is attempted by Brown, but Rhino blocks and turns it into one of of his own. Both men up and Rhino with a belly to belly on Monty. After a two count Brown kicks out. Punches by Rhino, followed by a kick to the gut, Rhino looks for a powerbomb but Monty back body drops out of it. Both men up and Brown levals Rhino with a running clothesline. Punches and chops against the topes by Brown. Brown signales for the Pounce! Irishwhips him but Rhino holds onto the topes instead, Brown angerily charges and misses a clothesline. Spinebuster by Rhino! Rhino waits on Brown to get up...calling for the Gore! From the rampway in slides Christian Cage! Cage clubs Rhino down from behind and then clotheslines Monty down aswell. The ref throws the match out.

Winner: No Contest. @ 9:33 (4:57 televised)

After the bell sounds Cage grabs a chair and Lays out both Brown and Rhino with seperate shots. He then grabs a microphone and says he's already talked to Jim Cornette about it, and cornette agrees that the ending at Turning Point was a questionable one. Cage got his way though, because at Final Resolution it will be the rematch. Christian Cage -vs- Rhino -vs- Monty Brown, and this time the better man will walk out the winner. End of show.

Match Thoughts: An ok brawl, though most of it occured during the commercial break. But what little they did show was passable though. *3/4

Show Thoughts: The wrestling was toned down compared to the last few weeks, but the flow of the show was good enough to mask that. The only match that was really anything though was the Petey and Roderick one. Phenominal Angels and the Papparrazzi was nice, but under 5 minutes. Atleast Petey/Roderick had about 6:30. The Nash bit was humerous, and he and the rest of the bunch have good chemistry together. We'll have to see where the JJ stuff leads though. Overall a good show, but rather weak in the wrestling department.