Brian Wilson

Skummy

So, yeah, Brian Wilson's doing his last ever UK show next month, playing London, and he's going to be playing Pet Sounds in full.

I really want to go, but the ticket prices pretty much rape my bank account. Which is a shame, because from what I've seen and heard of his recent live material, I'd really love to go. I love hearing Brian Wilson murder the songs of Brian Wilson.

Despite how shit he's become, he's one of my "must-see before I die" live acts, and it angers me greatly that such a thing probably won't happen. Which is a shame.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is. Talk about the Beach Boys, or about gigs that you wish you'd been to but couldn't, or anything you like, really.

I think I'm going to end up spending a week in Hull, instead.

I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did.

And as an interesting note, the song "Brian Wilson" by the Barenaked Ladies that the line above is from has interesting subcontext. BNL were amazed to hear that Wilson was doing an acepella version live with his new band on tours, and when they were recording Maroon he came in and did it for them, while they played some of their new songs for him. Before he left he gave them this advice "don't eat too much."

Edited by ApSham has Count Choculitis

I stumbled on the lyrics to that song last night while hunting Wilson tickets/merchandise, slightly before I got tipsy enough to start this topic. I hadn't heard it in years, and having recently finished Wilson's autobiography, I was quite impressed by the lyrics and how referential they were, as I only remembered the "lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did" line, and thought it was fairly flippant, but it's far more informed than I'd thought. And a great song.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm going to have to fork out well over £100 to see him >_<

Guest Bigal's Second Potato

I'm lying in bed just like Brian Wilson did.

And as an interesting note, the song "Brian Wilson" by the Barenaked Ladies that the line above is from has interesting subcontext. BNL were amazed to hear that Wilson was doing an acepella version live with his new band on tours, and when they were recording Maroon he came in and did it for them, while they played some of their new songs for him. Before he left he gave them this advice "don't eat too much."