Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cluckatrice has bit the dust. :)

Had to do it twice though because I killed him before all the chicks could appear first time. I also managed to finish off the hunts I couldnt because it wasnt dry at Giza. Now I'm after the Rank V hunts. Marilith is a bitch though, I'm sure I've been everywhere in the Zertinan Caverns but can I heck as find the bastard. Good for levelling up though. Orthos is next on the list to. A mate told me hes right next to White Mousse, which pissed me off cause Ive already done that one.

Embroidered Tippets rule.

Having tried various different techniques, I decided to keep my MP up (I used to try and just blow it away with quickenings from the start, and failed), and kill the Treants by hand. Then, I battered it for a bit, and summoned Belias each time he was near going for Sporefall, giving me a chance to use Charge to get Vaan back to one Mist Charge so I could summon Belias again later. mixed with some quickenings from others, I got through with my whole party intact.

I did have to use a few ethers to bolster my MP at times.

Having tried various different techniques, I decided to keep my MP up (I used to try and just blow it away with quickenings from the start, and failed), and kill the Treants by hand. Then, I battered it for a bit, and summoned Belias each time he was near going for Sporefall, giving me a chance to use Charge to get Vaan back to one Mist Charge so I could summon Belias again later. mixed with some quickenings from others, I got through with my whole party intact.

I did have to use a few ethers to bolster my MP at times.

Rank VI hunts are goddamn impossible.

I'm doing the ones in that Nabreus Deadlands (Goliath, Deadscythe and another one.) Everything in there kicks my arse. I've even got that pirate guy with me.

The main story seems to have disappeared altogether.

Just battered seven shades of holy Hell out of Dr. Cid in Draklor Laboratory. I suppose the hours of power-levelling in the Tchita Uplands and the Sochen Cave Palace might have helped, seeing as my weakest character was level 39, but I'm happy. Didn't even have to use any Quickenings, just wiped out his "toys" as Balthier put it, Dispel for his status boosts, and kept hammering away with physical attacks and the odd few spells (Oil + Fira = ownage) for about seven minutes or so, Fran keeps casting Curaga on Vaan as he hacks away, Balthier sits sniping at him from a safe distance, and eventually Fran ran low on MP so I swapped Ashe in to do that job. Easy as lyin'.

If anyone needs any help with this, I bested everything it had to offer in December last year.

I certainly enjoyed the game more than Final Fantasy X, and whilst it might not have had all that much depth in story or character in comparison to many of its predecessors, I still think it had much more likable characters.

How do you kill that Goliath just inside Nabudis and what level should I be? I can just about handle the regular bad guys in the area (Those little weird guys and imps). I just can't figure out a way to hurt Goliath before he's pretty much killed me with some third level magic or other.

Edited by wilson316

The Nihopalaoa is badassery in it's purest form, go farm some gil and buy it from the Bazaar. If you don't I'll come hunt you down and beat the fuck out of you.

Also the only gripe I have with FF12 is the license board makes characters useless, I like Vaan+Balthy+Fran so Pinelo and Ashe are levels 13 and 16 repesectively where Basch is at 32. The rest of the party is 43ish.

Man, the Cerobi Steppe has some pretty badass monsters on it. Me likey, especially seeing as I'd got to the point where nothing else was really a challenge for my power-levelled main party (55, 53, 53, biatches). Ring Wyrms, yay!

In other news, I'm currently bouncing around the Tchita Uplands, instead of going to Giruvegan (sp?), because I'm trying to hunt this mark that some guy in Old Archades gave me to do. The Lindwyrm, I think it is. I've looked all over the place... so can anybody tell me if it's one of those annoying weather-specific ones, and if so, where and when it comes out to play?