Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure. I'll probably just wait until the price goes down or it goes on sale somewhere until I buy it. Smackdown's coming out in a couple weeks afterall, and that'll keep me busy until Zelda comes out for GameCube in December.

Guest strife03

Getting mine (special edition) tonight after class I cant wait .. if I didn't have a test in my last period class I would skip it...damn PE Pedology course :(. Did you guys get the chance to get the special edition with the cool tin box and extra feature dvds too or was that just in the USA?

Twenty bucks isn't bad at all for that guide though its huge...I had to stock them last night where I was working and I was amazed at the sheer amount of content it held.

I'm pumped, and hopefully getting this game tonight with the guide following this weekend.

Oh, and I just like to remind posters to use spoiler tags if they are discussing the game. If you aren't sure whether to use them or not, go ahead and use them.

I, along with many others, have been waiting a long time for the latest offline Final Fantasy RPG, and I'd hate to have something spoiled because of some stupid fuck.

I'm pumped, and hopefully getting this game tonight with the guide following this weekend.

Oh, and I just like to remind posters to use spoiler tags if they are discussing the game. If you aren't sure whether to use them or not, go ahead and use them.

I, along with many others, have been waiting a long time for the latest offline Final Fantasy RPG, and I'd hate to have something spoiled because of some stupid fuck.

Just picked it up yesterday and have been playing all night... Am I gonna feel that all day today... I didn't think it would be in yet, but I decided to get the Collector's Edition from EB since oddly it was the same price as the regular version everywhere. The extras are decent enough, and I actually liked the History of Final Fantasy thing. Besides the tin case is lovely.

The game has been a blast though... So consider anything after this point spoilers (nothing major storywise, for anyone not wanting to know anything, but nothing you won't know from reading a review or having prior knowledge of the game)

Just got to the Nalbina Fortress after the first boss Firemane. That damn horse kicked my ass six ways to Sunday. I rarely have difficulty with any Final Fantasy, even the super hidden bosses, but damn. Even leveling up for a fair bit in the Giza plains didn't prepare me for that. I like it. The enemies can, adn do try to kill you. I had to run away from a group of rats and pick them off one at a time because Vaan was getting beaten.

I'm also liking a lot of the various changes to the old formula. It still feels like Final Fantasy but... different. The effect of Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics on this are very evident in the graphics and play style. Overall the faster gameplay, excellent battle system and overall design is impressing me so far.

Balthier sounds a lot like Ewan McGregor and I was having Obi-Wan visions when he first talked to Vaan.

And the opening half an hour or so is exquisite. Perhaps one of the best intros to any game I've ever played... fuck that. It's one of the best in any visual media I've ever seen. It felt straight out of a big budget well acted epic. I was very impressed. I'm thinking of just starting a new game to see the whole thing all over again.

So far I am very impressed. It was well worth the wait.

Edited by Vilge Duin