Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

Guest Grapehead

So what exactly do the chains do? Increase the rate of items dropped? or... what? I've only had a chain of 14 so far, but that was just cause I wasn't bothering since i didn't really understand what it did.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen complaints about having trouble making money on other boards. If your having this problem do chain grinding. Pick an area (early in the game giza plains is good) and run around for an hour or two just killing one monster type and avoiding the others. I got a chain up to 116 kills before I had maxed out at 99 of the items they dropped. When I went back to sell them I had enough to buy every ability in town and all the armor and items I wanted really. Making money is pretty easy if you are short...just chain grind for an hour or so :).

I agree. Making money is damn simple in this game by selling all the vast amounts of loot you get.

As for the leveling up...

I did for the Queen Mimic. Died the first time, went out with 0% energy and soon found myself at high levels thanks to fighting all the skeletons and mimics and eventually got the power up to 53%. Was pretty easy from there.

I'm just past the mines right now after I had to proclaim myself as "Basch, Alive and Well" to the town.

What. The. Fuck.

This fucking bird, Garuda, is a bitch. I've died like 9 times already. I'm around level 18 and I am just getting curbstomped by this fucking bird! Every fucking time, it just attacks me like 30 times in a row and my characters just die. Fuck.

I guess I need to level up some more.

Fuck.

Riceman, let me help.

Did you talk to the moogle by the save point in the Sanscale Bank? If not, go talk to him, then you'll end up fighting the Urutan-Eater. After that, go talk to the moogle, follow them back, blah blah. You end up getting a seed that slows the Garuda WAY down. If you need more explanation, let me know.

I just whipped everything I could at that evil as fuck thing. It routinely tried to rape my characters and I threw everything I could at it, including a few Dark Motes and such. The problem for me was, I only had Balthier's first gun and Fran's bow. So I tried using Vaan as a meatshield with Fran and Balthier alternatively healing him and attacking, while Vaan tossed out every attack item I had.

Guest Grapehead

I'm not very far in the story yet, cause I'm worried I'm not at a high enough level. Where's a really good spot to level up before you enter the palace?

EDIT: Fuck this game, 1000 needles is fucking BS, god damn nothing bugs me more than one hit kills especially after spending 45 minutes killing shit. Doesn't really add to the challenge of the game, there's no strategy when something hits you for 1000 damage, you die, that's all, really fucking pointless, ARGH!!!

Edited by Grapehead

Erm, fight wolves instead?

It's the third mark, it should not be this difficult. I was fighting wolves, strung 26 before I couldn't find anymore. Here's a question, what things will break my chain other than killing a different creature? Cutscenes, will, but if I just go to a different part of the estersands, will my chain continue? Is there a max to the chain? Do the letters just reset after Z? Agh, I had so much shit, this is what I always had trouble with, I was too irrational and just kept fighting without ever considering heading back to town to save and restock.

Guest strife03

Erm, fight wolves instead?

It's the third mark, it should not be this difficult. I was fighting wolves, strung 26 before I couldn't find anymore. Here's a question, what things will break my chain other than killing a different creature? Cutscenes, will, but if I just go to a different part of the estersands, will my chain continue? Is there a max to the chain? Do the letters just reset after Z? Agh, I had so much shit, this is what I always had trouble with, I was too irrational and just kept fighting without ever considering heading back to town to save and restock.

i am sick so i have some time to test this. opening video feels a lot like star wars. i like the option that sais flickering control, might they actualy have gotten around the fucking edge problem ps2 has?

have some homework aswell but i´ll keep you updated on my growing hate (wich i usualy have wen i play an FF game ^^)