Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I can't believe they splurged all the money in the voice actor fundbox on KH2, leaving a bunch of no name hacks for this. While most of it is decent, the quality of voice actors really ranges. Whoever does the Indian voices needs to be shot, and Basch sorts of mumble-rushes through half his lines (yet is capable of talking normally the other half of the time...strange).

On the other hand, the VA for Balthier is great though. My favorite character in the game so far.

Still, given how much polish was given to everything else in the game, you can't help but feel the VA is a step down from FFX, which IMO, detracts from the immersiveness of the storyline a fair bit.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Plays a lot like Knights of the Old Republic honestly. Albeit you have more opportunity to see and avoid enemies if you want. Everything happens on field in real time, but you can set it to be completely turn based if you want.

So like Xenosaga? Like was promised? I NEED THIS

Game is f'ing awesome. I really love the battle system as it is unique and fun. Only about 4 hours in but so far, so good.

Also, to me at least, leveling up takes a lot longer. You need to put in more effort to get to the higer levels.

Edited by Riceman 4K

This game is depressing me.

To me, Tactics is the greatest FF game, and one of my Top 5 favorite games ever. I haven't played it in like 4/5 years, and I miss it dearly. Always watned to get it, but never found it in stores, and I hate buying online.

This game (taking place in Ivalice) is bringing back all my amazing memories of Tactics.

Oh, and yes this game is awesome. I find it much better than X. I love the new battle system.

I almost always fight with Vaan, with Balthier and Basch as the two guys with me. I just got to the part where you "kidnap" Ashe and I'm running through the desert when I come across a big fire-orb. He hit me for fucking 2300 damage when my guy's HP is only like, 300.

So far, that's my biggest gripe. Sometimes, you run into an opponent that just kills you in one hit, and if you haven't had a chance to save it lately shit like that can really piss you off.