Somewhat Improved 2001 Scenario

2001 scenario, set on April 2nd, the night after WrestleMania X-7, under the premise that Eric Bischoff bought WCW instead of Vince McMahon. Promotions included are WWF (updated), WCW (updated), XPW, and CZW. Stats for a good deal of the workers have been overhauled to be more accurate, a good deal of worker nationalities have been corrected, and the vast majority of workers have picture names set for them. Scenario last updated on November 26, 2006.

Scenario - November 29, 2006 Edition (Version 3)

Download from RapidShare.

Download from MegaUpload.

Updates Include:

-Various stat, nationality, attribute updates.

-NWA Wildside added (not finished, but it's there).

-Name changes (American Dragon is now Bryan Danielson, Rowdy Roddy Piper is now Roddy Piper, etc.)

-Several stat updates, as well as Jerry Lawler being added as a wrestler.

-Pretty much everything has been modified at least somewhat.

Major props to That One Guy for his help on this edition.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

Guest TheChosenOne

Thanks, this is really awesome scenario and I mean really ^_^

If you want to do new scenario, but you don't know what year and time, I suggest that you would do a summer of 2000 scenario, If you have the time. Thanks again for this update.

I thought they declared bankruptcy in March. Hence the non-inclusion. Shows what I know. >_<

About what would you suggest for ECW, public image-wise?

EDIT - it should be noted that I've been messing with some indy stats (for some reason Mike Shane has an 85 in speed?), as well as changing some worker pictures around to time accurate ones in the data, and I'll probably release a small pic pack to go with it soon, as well as updated data with ECW included.

EDIT 2 - actually, somebody else would be better suited handling ECW. I was never much of a fan, most of my ECW experience is just random PPVs and matches, I was never a consistent follower. If somebody can handle ECW tell me, and I send over the new data. Release 2 will come after ECW is all well and done.

New version released!

Yeah, links for the picture pack, promotion logos, the new version, and for the old version (just in case), as well as a vague change log and list of who is in the picture pack (and which workers have "Unknown" for their pics) can be found in the original, newly organized post. =)

EDIT - note that the pictures won't all work if you continue a game started with the first version. Like, in the original data Kevin Nash's picture is set to "Kevin_Nash" and not "Kevin_Nash2", you'll have to either start over with the new data (which I suggest because of the improvements), or change it manually.

Here's something i'm pondering:

Shouldn't all WCW workers have open contracts?

If Bischoff purchased WCW, would he not be able to choose who to sign and who to waive, as WWE did? Or did they?

I'm not sure how this contract business works.

Also, in my opinion CZW should be at the regional level, and maybe lower XPW's PI a bit (XPW part is questionable, I don't think CZW is).

XPW should have a training camp (The Asylum) probably lowest quality.

CZW should probably have higher risk, in the 90s, as they were at the time much more hardcore than they are now. (I am not an avid CZW fan, but I believe this is very true)

My updated numbers for CZW are Regional 70% (you could probably go higher) with two million in funds (to ensure they avoid bankruptcy for at least awhile), 50% production, 90% risk.

Lowered XPW risk to 95%. They did not do the buck naked match (the only 100% risk match I think) until 2002.

I would remove Ted Turner from the database, at least as an owner. It would be weird to have him taking over XPW or something.

Rick Bassman's preference should be Normal. Jim Kettner should be normal (he owns ECWA right? if not, wrong guy, nevermind). Ed Schmitt should be normal.

Lower Tony Chimel's announcing to the 60s (or lower, I have never liked Ring Announcers in the game, let alone having respectable announcing stats), raise Michael Cole to the 60s. Raise Kevin Kelly to the 60s. Raise Jonathan Coachman to the 60s (15?! I know the guy has never been brilliant, and wasn't as good in 2001 as he is now, but he has always made for funny segments if nothing else). Jim Ross should have 100 talent I think, it's probably trivial whether he has 95 or 100 but most scenarios vastly underrate him as low as the 80s, he only gets repetitive because you hear him every single week, he's still the best in the business. Lower Howard Finkel to the 60s.

Lower David Penzer's announcing to the 60s.

Raise the XPW announcers. Kris Kloss is acceptable at the 50s or so I would think, Rivera i'm not sure, but with 11 talent he's only going to be released immediately. Add Kevin Kleinrock as either a worker or a writer with the booking stat. He was a character in XPW now and then, but I believe never anything serious and he could just be put in as a writer. Nevertheless, a big part of XPW.

John House and Eric Garguilo are in the game but unemployed, they should be working for CZW. I believe the CZW show was called Fake You TV.

I don't know if you've touched relationships or not, but I do know in the original scenario there were some that shouldn't have been there and such.

Edited by That One Guy

Here's something i'm pondering:

Shouldn't all WCW workers have open contracts?

If Bischoff purchased WCW, would he not be able to choose who to sign and who to waive, as WWE did? Or did they?

I'm not sure how this contract business works.

Also, in my opinion CZW should be at the regional level, and maybe lower XPW's PI a bit (XPW part is questionable, I don't think CZW is).

Give CZW less money.

As for the XPW roster, it's missing Nozawa (who appears to be missing from the scenario all together) and Juventud Guerrera.

Also missing from the scenario but could be in XPW: Super Dragon, Excalibur, Rising Son.

CZW needs Eddie Valentine. Tommy Dreamer was at their April 4th, 2001 show too. You could put him there.

Rob Black's owner preference should be something else. I guess normal.

I would lower Eric Bischoff's owner talent to the 70s, just because he's unproven. He's never really owned a promotion.

I would also raise Rob Black's owner talent. He wasn't particularly brilliant, but he was better than 23 and this way he won't be starting up backyard promotions if XPW dies. 55?

Raise Alex Abiss's owner talent, because JCW was, as far as I know, financially successful. 50s or 60s.

Edited by That One Guy

Keiji Muto

Jushin Thunder Liger

Dr. Wagner Jr

Super J

Don Frye

Scott Norton

Scott Hall

Rob Rage

Chris Candido (Candido and Sytch should not be in WCW, they were released in 2000)

Dory Funk Jr.

Terry Funk (Again, should not be in WCW)

Giant Silva

Jado

Gedo

Giant Singh

Bob Backlund

All of these people toured with NJPW at the time, and should be touring with them.

Vader

Scorpio

Juventud Guerrera

BJ Whitmer

These four should be touring with NOAH.

Johnny Smith

Masato Tanaka

Abdullah the Butcher

Sabu

Mike Barton

Steve Williams

Chad Collyer (should not be in WWE)

These should be touring with AJPW.

Russ McCullough, Matt Stryker, and Hardkore Kidd should be added to the WWF under developmental contracts.

Edited by That One Guy

Can you give me some stats for the CZW and XPW guys in your next-to-the-last post, TOG?

I haven't really saw any of them (except a handful of Super Dragon), and I want to make this stuff accurate.

I just want to point out that most of the stuff that's actually ridiculous (Coach's talent, things like that) were in the game by default. I didn't really touch staff members too much, although I did a lot of work on them yesterday.

I've taken care of everything else you listed.

Thanks dude, you've been a HUGE help so far.

Can you give me some stats for the CZW and XPW guys in your next-to-the-last post, TOG?

I haven't really saw any of them (except a handful of Super Dragon), and I want to make this stuff accurate.

I just want to point out that most of the stuff that's actually ridiculous (Coach's talent, things like that) were in the game by default. I didn't really touch staff members too much, although I did a lot of work on them yesterday.

I've taken care of everything else you listed.

Thanks dude, you've been a HUGE help so far.

Edited by That One Guy

The above post was getting a little too big...

Woman should have a love relationship with Chris Benoit and a diva stat.

Tori should have a diva stat.

Precious Lucy is Canadian, and too err on the side of caution, give her a diva stat.

Madusa should have a diva stat and a hate relationship with Missy Hyatt.

Helena Heavenly should have a diva stat.

Erin Bray should have a diva stat.

Elektra should have a diva stat.

Daffney should have a diva stat.

Alexis Laree should have a diva stat.

Adara James should have a diva stat.

Ivory should have a diva stat.

And, while I normally like to be liberal and give anyone remotely attractive a diva stat because wrestling fans are easily convinced... Chyna is very questionable (she has one currently).

Low Ki should not be menacing. He has a menacing attitude, but not a menacing look.

Eddie Guerrero should not be menacing.

Steve Blackman should not be menacing.

The Sandman being menacing I have no idea about, he has the stat currently.

911 should be menacing.

Abdullah the Butcher should be menacing.

Ahmed Johnson should be menacing.

Axl Rotten should be menacing.

Balls Mahoney should be menacing.

Big Bully Douglas should (based on his name) probably be menacing.

Big Dick Dudley should be menacing.

Maybe British Bulldog should be menacing.

Dale Torborg should be menacing.

Damien should be menacing.

Earthquake should be menacing.

Glen Osbourne should be menacing.

Hulk Hogan is questionable for being menacing.

Ken Shamrock should be menacing.

Kimo should be menacing.

King Kong Bundy should be menacing.

Kurt Angle is questionable for menacing (probably not in 2001, but I would give it to him today).

Mark Henry should be menacing.

Marshall Knox should be menacing.

Masato Tanaka is questionable for menacing.

Matt Morgan should be menacing.

Mike Knox should be menacing.

Monsta Mack should be menacing.

Mr. Black should be menacing.

One Man Gang should be menacing.

Payne should be menacing.

Pogo the Clown should be menacing.

Predator should be menacing.

Red Dogg should be menacing.

Rikishi is questionable for menacing.

Roadkill should be menacing.

Samoa Joe is questionable for menacing.

Scott Norton should be menacing.

Seven should be menacing.

Tank Abbott should be menacing.

Test should be menacing.

The Barbarian should be menacing.

The Goodfather should be menacing.

Tom Howard should be menacing.

Triple H is questionable for menacing.

Ultimate Warrior should be menacing.

Vader should be menacing.

Vic Grimes should be menacing.

Viscera should be menacing.

Hugh Morrus should be menacing.

Kevin Nash should be menacing.

Kurt Angle should have shooting ability.

Randy Orton should not have the Fonz Factor.

Shaggy 2 Dope should have the announcer stat.

Bradshaw should have the announcer stat and higher charisma.

Lita should have the announcer stat.

Terri should have the announcer stat.

Abdullah the Butcher should have the trainer stat.

Homicide should have the trainer stat.

Mike Quackenbush should have the trainer stat.

Mikey Whipwreck should have the trainer stat.

Stevie Ray should have the trainer stat.

Terry Funk should have the trainer stat.

Dynamite D should have the trainer stat.

Steve Bradley should have the trainer stat.

Many people have speaking set to no who probably shouldn't, have a look at that.

Rikishi should have the booking stat.

Edited by That One Guy