Somewhat Improved 2001 Scenario

8 promotions IS pretty staggering. Between playing and doing other things I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at the scenario much lately, but I have some time to kill today. I think Matt is right on track with the promotions that need to be added. If you need any help let me know.

Having WCW Power Plant as a developmental camp really irks me. WCW shouldn't have a d-camp. They had a working relationship with Wildside but that had pretty much disolved and Wildside is in the game anyway.

Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire should be faces.

Ric Flair could be anything. It's your call. He was a face on the last WCW Nitro, but a heel in all the shows prior to that, so I don't know if you want to count it.

I seem to remember that The Cat and Eric Bischoff are friends in real life. In which case, that should be added in the scenario. I could be imagining things. Can anyone back that up?

Edited by That One Guy

Here's what i've been able to do with APW:

Full Name: All Pro Wrestling

Short Name: APW

Size: Small

Based In: America

PI: 75%

Risk: 60%

Production: 20%

Advertising and Merch: 10-15%

Roster: Boom Boom Comini, Jardi Frantz, Myaki Frantz, Michael Modest, Donovan Morgan, Maxx Justice, Shane Ballard, Shannon Ballard, Robert Thompson, Boyce LeGrande, Vinny Massaro, Tony Jones, J.J. Perez, Christopher Daniels, Dalip Singh, Solo Snuka

Owner: Roland Alexander

Staff: Tom Castor, Mario Long (Referees)

There are several members of the APW roster from the time that I've been unable to find any info on, but this should hopefully be sufficient.

Roster: Boom Boom Comini, Jardi Frantz, Myaki Frantz, Michael Modest, Donovan Morgan, Maxx Justice, Shane Ballard, Shannon Ballard, Robert Thompson, Boyce LeGrande, Vinny Massaro, Tony Jones, J.J. Perez, Christopher Daniels, Dalip Singh, Solo Snuka

There are several members of the APW roster from the time that I've been unable to find any info on, but this should hopefully be sufficient.

Edited by That One Guy

It is possible that American Dragon should be in there.

The following need to be added to NWA: Wildside:

Lazz, Tony Stradlin, Sean Royal, Rusty Riddle, White Trash, Omen, Keith Kohl, Kent Kohl, Rainman, Jimmy Rave, Caprice Coleman, Scotty Wrenn, John Phoenix, Onyx, Cru Jones, Romeo Bliss, Terry Knight, Stone Mountain, Jason Cross

Again, if you need any stat help, I'll be able to roune them up for you.

Lazz, Tony Stradlin, Sean Royal, Rusty Riddle, White Trash, Omen, Keith Kohl, Kent Kohl, Rainman, Jimmy Rave, Caprice Coleman, Scotty Wrenn, John Phoenix, Onyx, Cru Jones, Romeo Bliss, Terry Knight, Stone Mountain, Jason Cross

All of those will need stats, as they are not in the data. I was going to do the stats for them when I got around to it, but as I haven't yet, have at it.

Jindrak & O'Haire - 15

Jung Dragons - 15

Mamalukes - 20

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire - 1 [Their first match together was a battle royal on the last Thunder of 2000]

Three Count (Helms & Moore) - 10

That is what I had for tag teams for January 2001. For April, I'd say add 5 to Jung Dragons, 10 to Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire.

This scenario is aweosme, I hope you are still putting the finishing touches on it.

=====================

TITLES SUGGESTION

WCW World Heavyweight - 85

WCW Tag Team - 65

WCW Cruiserweight - 65

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team - 55

WWF Light Heavyweight - 45

WWF Women's - 35 (Suggestion - add the ' in the name)

The max. image for XPW and CZW titles should be 40.

====================

I suggest changing the speed level for some guys. I would switch Lance Storm's brawl and speed stats and do the same for Chris Jericho. Those are the two I noticed. This is minor, but I think Angle and Benoit's tech should both be 95 and Jericho's around 85. I'd lower Steiner's brawl to about 72.

====================

According to OWW, Crowbar was released from WCW in February 2001.

I suggest making Sid a manager because he broke his leg (this is the most realistic way I ever found to do it. That way he does not lose moral for not being used).

This scenario is awesome, though. I love how the stats are more realistic for EWR 4.2. I always like games that have worse stats as it makes it too easy. And of course, these are only suggestions and if you wanted to you could politely tell me to fuck off. Or, you know, just say you don't agree with them. (Y)

EDIT ~~ Also, technically WrestleMania hasn't happened yet so most of the WWF champions are wrong ... doesn't really matter, though, as you can't do two PPV's in one month unless you do the file switch.

EDIT 2 ~~ Torrie Wilson was also released in December of 2000.

Edited by Kevin Elliott

You should really add ECW.

We've already discussed this. ECW was dead by the time this scenario starts. Hell, Paul Heyman was on commentary duty at Wrestlemania X-7, which is the starting date, more or less, of the scenario.

And Kevin, just for reference the data is designed to be accurate up to April 2rd, 2001, the night after Wrestlemania X-7. I know it's a bit awkward, considering the way the data works and you have to start on April 1, the day of the show itself, but I consider X-7 to be the end of an era, and thus the best place to start. Just so you know, that's why the titles/dispositions are set to what they were post-Wrestlemania.

For anybody who has asked, work is continuing on the scenario, I've just slowed down the pace of it a lot. I was getting burned out, doing so much. Fortunately, the bulk of the "absolutely required" work is done and, having played through until February of 2002 so far, I can say with honesty that the data plays pretty well.

There will be another update, but it could happen a week from now, or a month from now. Who knows.

You should really add ECW.

We've already discussed this. ECW was dead by the time this scenario starts. Hell, Paul Heyman was on commentary duty at Wrestlemania X-7, which is the starting date, more or less, of the scenario.

And Kevin, just for reference the data is designed to be accurate up to April 2rd, 2001, the night after Wrestlemania X-7. I know it's a bit awkward, considering the way the data works and you have to start on April 1, the day of the show itself, but I consider X-7 to be the end of an era, and thus the best place to start. Just so you know, that's why the titles/dispositions are set to what they were post-Wrestlemania.

For anybody who has asked, work is continuing on the scenario, I've just slowed down the pace of it a lot. I was getting burned out, doing so much. Fortunately, the bulk of the "absolutely required" work is done and, having played through until February of 2002 so far, I can say with honesty that the data plays pretty well.

There will be another update, but it could happen a week from now, or a month from now. Who knows.

• 5 years later...