Legend of Zelda

Benji

Sorry to bump an old topic but I should be getting a Wii this week (finally) and the only game I'm really interested in at the moment is Zelda.

The only thing that worries me is the control scheme, I'm not sure wether Id rather play it with a normal controller. So is it possible to choose to use the normal 'classic' Wii controller for this, or do you have to use the wii-mote/nunchuk combination?

Sorry to bump an old topic but I should be getting a Wii this week (finally) and the only game I'm really interested in at the moment is Zelda.

The only thing that worries me is the control scheme, I'm not sure wether Id rather play it with a normal controller. So is it possible to choose to use the normal 'classic' Wii controller for this, or do you have to use the wii-mote/nunchuk combination?

I'm not sure, I don't remember seeing the option to use a regular controller.

The Wii-mote/nunchuk combo works well, though. You don't have to jump up and down and flail your arms around wildly, if that's what you're worried about. It's a lot easier to aim with your bow/bookerang/catapult too.

has anyone else experienced an issue on the Wii version where, usually during combat, the game will somehow start thinking that I'm constantly holding the control stick to the right, even though I'm not. So I end up constantly running to the right, and can't seem to fix it short of restarting the console.

has anyone else experienced an issue on the Wii version where, usually during combat, the game will somehow start thinking that I'm constantly holding the control stick to the right, even though I'm not. So I end up constantly running to the right, and can't seem to fix it short of restarting the console.

No. Have you tried disconnecting the Nunchuk, then reconnecting it?

It happened to me twice in 30 minutes last night. I didn't even think of unplugging the Nunchuck. Question for those who own the Gamecube version: What direction does the sun rise, and what hand does link hold his sword with? I've been hearing conflicted reports claiming that either just the dungeon maps were mirrored, or the whole game, including the models and animations, were mirrored.

The whole game is mirrored. Dungeons and the world map along with towns. Link holds the sword in his left. It's actually the "original" game, Nintendo mirrored the Wii version because apparently Link needed to have the sword in his right hand because people would be confused (I don't see why).

Sun also rises from the east.

The whole game is mirrored. Dungeons and the world map along with towns. Link holds the sword in his left. It's actually the "original" game, Nintendo mirrored the Wii version because apparently Link needed to have the sword in his right hand because people would be confused (I don't see why).

Sun also rises from the east.

I know that's the point, but Nintendo made a big deal about it for no reason to me.

I never even noticed Link was left handed until well into Wind Waker (and barring the CDi and GBA games, I've played all previous) when someone pointed it out to me.

If you swing the Wiimote with your right hand it would still make the same action in the game. If it was a 1:1 movement with your actual hand movement, then it would make sense. But the game still registers anyways with little wiggles. It doesn't really make a big enough difference to mirror the game or make a deal out of it.

Regardless, it's a great game any way you slice it no matter how you control it or which direction is which.

According to Miyamoto:

"Although Link is [traditionally] left-handed, at E3 we noticed people seemed to be using the right Wii controller to swing his sword. That's why we decided to make Link right-handed. The interesting this is, on the GameCube Link is still left-handed; because of the mirror mode the game map is reversed."

According to Miyamoto:

"Although Link is [traditionally] left-handed, at E3 we noticed people seemed to be using the right Wii controller to swing his sword. That's why we decided to make Link right-handed. The interesting this is, on the GameCube Link is still left-handed; because of the mirror mode the game map is reversed."

• 1 month later...

Just finished this game the other day, and I'd definately rate it a 9/10.

Really great game, and the Wii controls work surprisingly well!

I've also just bought Windwaker with the Occarina of time bonus disk (I never had a Gamecube) so I'm off to play them. Occarina of Time first I think, I hope it's as awesome as I remember it (Y)

Anyone else finished Twilight Princess yet?