Dynasty Warriors

Because I don't know how the Dynasty Warriors stuff works I shall ask...

I just picked up Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires at EB with my girlfriend and we asked the dude the difference between it and Xtreme Legends. He said the Legends one is more mission based (I assume he meant with levels and stages and such) while the Empires one is more of a campaign.

Is one better than the other? And how do they relate just plain'ol 5? They had that too. I honestly am not sure about the big differences, as I've never played one before.

I just want to know if I picked the 'right' version of 5.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire lacks a proper storyline, its just you on a map advancing from place to place slashing away at people.

Xtreme Legends has two modes, the Destiny mode which allows you to create your own warrior and work your way up from a peon to a bad ass, there is also the Xtreme Mode which has you as a nomad warrior trying to unify all of China

Empire lacks a proper storyline, its just you on a map advancing from place to place slashing away at people.

Xtreme Legends has two modes, the Destiny mode which allows you to create your own warrior and work your way up from a peon to a bad ass, there is also the Xtreme Mode which has you as a nomad warrior trying to unify all of China

I randomly picked up DW5 Empires a while back, not knowing what it was but seeing the potential for lots of random characters and plenty of hack'n'slashery. I wasn't disappointed.

I defeated Lu Bu in the Battle at Hu Lao Gate with Ma Chao (in free mode of course). Ma Chao in my game isn't too beefed up, but his one-direction horse attack makes it easy to hit Lu Bu.

Other than that, Lu Bu rules. I made my CAW in DW5:XL like him :P

No. :(

He actually had a decent part in the histories, IIRC. Didn't he launch a campaign against Yuan Shao, and wasn't his army commonly known as the "White Cavalry"? You'd think Koei would recognize that and make him playable. Don't know what weapon he'd use though.

No. :(

He actually had a decent part in the histories, IIRC. Didn't he launch a campaign against Yuan Shao, and wasn't his army commonly known as the "White Cavalry"? You'd think Koei would recognize that and make him playable. Don't know what weapon he'd use though.

Basically, he and Yuan Shao had an agreement to carve up the north east after the whole alliance to kill Dong Zhuo. Unfortunately, Yuan Shao told Zan to fuck off once the fight was over, and when Zan sent his son or something to negotiate, Yuan Shao killed him. Zan proceeded to get kerpwnsmashed by Yuan Shao, and eventually hung himself.