Gran Turismo 4

apsham

Alright, so I am totally lost. I am so used to the arcade style racing games that I have no idea what I am doing here, for real. Everytime I take a corner it seems as if there's no friction on the track and I barely turn at all. I decel going into corner and I use the brakes but it doesn't change anything. I can't seem to figure it out, so does anyone have an pointers on learning to driver properly in these racing sim games?

Alright, so I am totally lost. I am so used to the arcade style racing games that I have no idea what I am doing here, for real. Everytime I take a corner it seems as if there's no friction on the track and I barely turn at all. I decel going into corner and I use the brakes but it doesn't change anything. I can't seem to figure it out, so does anyone have an pointers on learning to driver properly in these racing sim games?

What kind of vehicle are you driving?

Basically, with GT4, you have to forget all the arcade styles, and realize that it's very similiar to real life driving. Also, how are you decelerating? Are you slamming the brakes or are you just pressing on them?

The cars in the liscense tests range from just normal used cars that you usually pick up at the start of the game (that I suppose I will be using) and those that are the sporty types. I keep trying and trying the simplest turning but, I just can't grasp it. I end up slamming on the brakes because I have no idea what to do, being used to driving cars in arcadey type games and well, Grand Theft Auto and such. I guess I have a warped idea of vehicle physics. How should I be braking? When do you use the handbrake? When do you start to decel going into corners?

You should never really have to use the handbrake.

going into corners you want to pick a braking point about 150-200 meters before the corner, stay on the outside of the track and brake BEFORE the corner. Once you into the corner its too late to brake.

It might also be worthwhile taking the driving aids OFF in your setup option as they always made me understeer wildley into the gravel, at least with them off you can provoke soem oversteer from the car.

-Barry

Yeah, GTT's got it pretty well down. Decelerate before the turn, on the outside of the track, move to the inside while coasting the turn and once you reach the apex of the turn accelerate out of the corner.

Also, where have you suddenly gotten all this money and why aren't you sharing it with me.

Edited by Basha