Want To See Something funny?

figos

Who gives a fuck? It's disgusting. None of the people who threw anything at Nickelback, or throw anything at any band for that matter, deserve to be allowed at gigs or festivals. Bottle fights in crowds is one thing, but throwing stuff at a band (rocks in this case, ugh) who are there for you, to entertain you, is disgusting.

If you pay money you deserve to be at a gig or festival, just be ready to meet something called "crowd control" or any other such actions that could be and usually are taken against people who make problems in a crowd.. And I don't know where you get the notion that bands are soley there to entertain you, but I think money has something to do with the entire reason they're there. Because Nickelback walked off stage, I don't think they sat in the back and mopped all night about not being able to entertain the people, they likely divided their money and went on their way.

I was at a festival once, in Canada, on Canada day, Cake came out and the first thing they said was "Fuck Canada, I hate this country", so they got kicked off the stage pretty quickly. So at least then there was reason to throw shit, not that I did, but a lot of people were. From the "or do you want to go home line" it looks like they were either the last band in a festival or it was just a Nickleback concert, which makes it really stupid to do. Cake was mid-day.

If you pay money you deserve to be at a gig or festival, just be ready to meet something called "crowd control" or any other such actions that could be and usually are taken against people who make problems in a crowd.. And I don't know where you get the notion that bands are soley there to entertain you, but I think money has something to do with the entire reason they're there. Because Nickelback walked off stage, I don't think they sat in the back and mopped all night about not being able to entertain the people, they likely divided their money and went on their way.

I don't care how much money you pay, if you go and start throwing rocks at the bands, you don't deserve to be there. That's my opinion. I didn't say it was just to entertain the crowd, obviously the money comes into it. Friends don't start a small band, writing music and performing in small clubs for the money, they do it for the love of music, that comes into it with a lot of bands. The industry is, yes, fueled by money & greed. But isn't everything? Music is entertainment. Concerts are entertainment. They're there TO entertain you. That is WHY they are there, some bands might go for the money, but that doesn't change the simple fact that they're on the stage to enertain.

I don't care how much money you pay, if you go and start throwing rocks at the bands, you don't deserve to be there. That's my opinion. I didn't say it was just to entertain the crowd, obviously the money comes into it. Friends don't start a small band, writing music and performing in small clubs for the money, they do it for the love of music, that comes into it with a lot of bands. The industry is, yes, fueled by money & greed. But isn't everything? Music is entertainment. Concerts are entertainment. They're there TO entertain you. That is WHY they are there, some bands might go for the money, but that doesn't change the simple fact that they're on the stage to enertain.

I'm following my friends band closely, I don't have to mention which because I've talked about them enough, but anyways I've got to tell you that money does indeed factor into some things about a small group of friends who are just starting off... I mean sure, there are some people who just do it with no ambition of taking it anywhere but I am sure if given the chance they would. Back to my point though, they're doing it for mixed reasons, just like Nickelback. I am sure that Nickelback likes performing, I mean.. hell, I know what kind of a feeling that I get when I do and I'm not all that interested in taking it anywhere. The boys that I know, are definatly looking out for the money though, there has to be a tilt I think... and that tilt has to favour the money side at least a little bit or.. let's face it, you're just going to end up in a band that isn't going anywhere because they don't have enough money for new equipment or promotion and such. I was mainly pointing out that Nickelback aren't exactly hard pressed for either money or people to entertain.

EDIT: And as far as "If you throw things you don't belong...", I was just saying that my belief tends to tip on letting people do what they want if they're paying, but there should also be consequences in place that they know quite clearly are going to be taken against them if they do something that is frowned upon.

Edited by TAKA Apshamoku

Realistically, the very fact that someone would argue whether throwing rocks at someone, regardless of whether you've paid to be there or not, when said person has done nothing wrong to you, makes them a fucking idiot to begin with. It's not 'funny'. You wouldn't think it was 'funny', for example, if I started throwing rocks at you, because you "suck balls".

Secondly, as Summers rightly pointed out, at any gig, the band is there to entertain the crowd. If they're not, they won't do it. They get paid to do what they want to do - a dream job - and then when they stop wanting to do it, they jack it in. They play for the people who deserve to be entertained, and are willing to allow such a thing. Not the cunts who try to disrupt, destroy or end gigs.

Realistically, the very fact that someone would argue whether throwing rocks at someone, regardless of whether you've paid to be there or not, when said person has done nothing wrong to you, makes them a fucking idiot to begin with. It's not 'funny'. You wouldn't think it was 'funny', for example, if I started throwing rocks at you, because you "suck balls".

Oh please, go back to your cave. :rolleyes: I wasn't saying anything justifying it, I just believe that people have a right to do what they want to if they're paying money to see something and.. well I'm not going to go on, seeing as how I've already stated my point twice. My initial comment, by the way, is a comment on the timing of his answer in case you took that the wrong way.

If you don't like, don't watch. People shouldn't be allowed to do what they want because they paid - their entry to a venue is subject to rules, like everyday life. Paying 40 quid for a festival ticket doesn't give you license to be a massive cunt.

No band should ever have rocks thrown at them, unless it's A. Hitler and the Kristallnachts performing at a Jewish Rock Festival.

EDIT - Don't roll your eyes, ApSham, you couldn't have come off as a bigger and stupider moron in this thread with your massively flawed argument.

Edited by lafunky xxvii

Oh please, go back to your cave. :rolleyes: I wasn't saying anything justifying it, I just believe that people have a right to do what they want to if they're paying money to see something and.. well I'm not going to go on, seeing as how I've already stated my point twice. My initial comment, by the way, is a comment on the timing of his answer in case you took that the wrong way.