Want To See Something funny?

figos

If you don't like, don't watch. People shouldn't be allowed to do what they want because they paid - their entry to a venue is subject to rules, like everyday life. Paying 40 quid for a festival ticket doesn't give you license to be a massive cunt.

No band should ever have rocks thrown at them, unless it's A. Hitler and the Kristallnachts performing at a Jewish Rock Festival.

EDIT - Don't roll your eyes, ApSham, you couldn't have come off as a bigger and stupider moron in this thread with your massively flawed argument.

I'll roll them all that I want, because people ignore my fundamental point of me saying that I don't think that they should, I just feel that they can if they want to, but they should be subject to being removed in whatever way is deemed proper by you people. When you start limiting exactly what people can and can't do, well.. that's not even worth getting into. And besides, why even talk about how people "should" act when it's clear that there's a clearly defined line between the way that people act and the way that they should act?

It was a heavy metal/heavy rock festival, and they were called as a last minute replacement to play before slipknot. It is obvious that the majority of the crowd were already saving their seats for slipknot so this happened...

It was a heavy metal/heavy rock festival, and they were called as a last minute replacement to play before slipknot. It is obvious that the majority of the crowd were already saving their seats for slipknot so this happened...

It doesn't matter if they were a replacement. There's no excuses. These guy's flew from North America to Portugal to play and they get rocks thrown at them ? Fucking barbaric and stupid. Not close to funny.

Does anybody around here actually ready anything before they decide to attack a persons stance? No one is trying to justify anything here for the love of god, it's an explanation as to why the people are likely doing it. Is it one that makes sense to you? No. Is it one that is right? No. I mean it goes without saying that it's not right.. why bother to comment on it after the fact.

Edited by TAKA Apshamoku

Have I slipped into some kind of timewarp?

People are acting as if this isn't old as fuck, and ApSham is being a prick. It's like 2002 again. Yes, folks, TWO THOUSAND AND TWO. That was FIVE YEARS AGO, wake up.

When does it matter when it happened? Don't be an idiot. Why not campaign against having History taught in schools, it all happened years ago, they should wake up.

& ApSham, I don't see how you can say they can go & throw rocks if they paid. I know yr not saying it was good, but yr still saying they have a right to do whatever they want. So, if you go a gig, with your girlfriend, and she gets blasted in the side of the head, with a rock, that's okay? 'Cuz the person throwing it paid to be there? It's impossible for security to throw out people who throw stuff, in a crowds of hundreds, thousands, whatever.

If you don't like, don't watch. People shouldn't be allowed to do what they want because they paid - their entry to a venue is subject to rules, like everyday life. Paying 40 quid for a festival ticket doesn't give you license to be a massive cunt.

No band should ever have rocks thrown at them, unless it's A. Hitler and the Kristallnachts performing at a Jewish Rock Festival.

EDIT - Don't roll your eyes, ApSham, you couldn't have come off as a bigger and stupider moron in this thread with your massively flawed argument.

I'll roll them all that I want, because people ignore my fundamental point of me saying that I don't think that they should, I just feel that they can if they want to, but they should be subject to being removed in whatever way is deemed proper by you people. When you start limiting exactly what people can and can't do, well.. that's not even worth getting into. And besides, why even talk about how people "should" act when it's clear that there's a clearly defined line between the way that people act and the way that they should act?

& ApSham, I don't see how you can say they can go & throw rocks if they paid. I know yr not saying it was good, but yr still saying they have a right to do whatever they want. So, if you go a gig, with your girlfriend, and she gets blasted in the side of the head, with a rock, that's okay? 'Cuz the person throwing it paid to be there? It's impossible for security to throw out people who throw stuff, in a crowds of hundreds, thousands, whatever.

How often does this realistically happen? I've never been blasted, nay seen anything thrown at a gig and I'm never put into positions where I would be. Of course I would be pissed, but it would never happen.

But therein lies the problem that you even suggest that because people pay they can do what they want subject to crowd control. Idiots like that are why you have to have crowd control at concert - there's no sense of etiquette at festivals or gigs or whatever

Well that's pretty much my point on "why are we discussing this" because there IS no eiquette at gigs and festivals, and how is that ever going to change?

No. Nope. Never. You can't allow morons like that the freedom of decision making when if they are given the choice they pick up rocks and throw them at people, even if they are forced to face the repercussions later, because it's massively wrong.

You talk abot not allowing them the freedom or such, but is anything going to be actively done to stop them? I agree with you, it's morally wrong but I'm just saying that it's not really anything worth discussing because the band has other places to play anyways if they are big enough to be hated that much, and in instances like that festival, there's always going to be those morons, especially in that genre (no offense to anyone, it's the truth.)

How often does this realistically happen? I've never been blasted, nay seen anything thrown at a gig and I'm never put into positions where I would be. Of course I would be pissed, but it would never happen.

It does happen. How often do things get thrown? Often. At Festivals, hell of a lot. I've seen people dragged out of the crowd at festivals, before a band came on, with blood pouring from their head, after being blasted with something a lot harder than an empty bottle. So yes, it happens.

Stuff getting thrown happens a lot. Especially around my 'neck of the woods'. Crowds in Newcastle and the like can be horrifically dissrespectful, if they haven't heard of you, or if you're nothing like the band they've came to see they get shat all over, and stuff thrown at them. Blink 182, the opening band (Who I can't remember) had full bottles thrown at them, one nearly had a CD hit him in the face, was basically crazy shit. Taking Back Sunday, Hellogoodbye had coins thrown at them, as well as the odd bottle, but they appeared to be mostly empty. The Eisley didn't get it as bad, mostly because they were female, but they still got a load of water thrown over electrical equipment like keyboards and shit. I remember shit being thrown at the support Alkaline Trio, Goldfinger and Lostprophets as well.

Granted they were a few small occasions, and nothing got overly hectic (Though the Blink 182 one was pretty bad...granted they did really suck...and Hellogoodbye did threaten to stop playing and the lead singer shielded himself for a song or two), but still ApSham your arguement is definately retarded. It's flat out wrong, in gig conditions or not, to throw any sort of shit at anyone.

Plus there is gig/festival etiquette.