Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling

Xero Gravity

One Step Closer had been done and dusted for over an hour. Everyone should have gone their separate ways by now, but instead I was sitting alone in a hospital waiting room. Jimmy had been taken as soon as it happened, and I left the building as soon as the main event had finished. A small pyramid of empty coffee cups slowly began to take shape on a chair next to me as I waited patiently for some news on the situation. Despite drinking mass amounts of coffee I found myself starting to drift off, so naturally this would be the time the surgeon decided to make his appearance. I jumped to my feet and brushed myself off, before shaking his hand.

Me: So how is he?

Doc: He was lucky, the tear could have been a lot worse that it ended up being. The procedure went off without any complications, and he should be able to go home within the next few days.

Me: How long until he’s fully recovered?

Doc: The healing time for this kind of injury is roughly six to eight weeks. Even after that, he should take it easy for at least another two weeks just to be on the safe side.

That would mean he’d miss at least the next two shows. I felt sorry for him, but at the same time I was just glad that him taking time off wasn’t going to impact our future plans in any way. Knowing that he was going to be okay, I thanked the doctor and head off home for some well deserved rest.

----------

The first week of every month had quickly become the time I considered a mini holiday. Work on up coming shows only took about a fortnight to organise, so I tried to pile in as much relaxation into the first seven days that I possibly could. This week however, started off on the wrong foot. With most of the roster working solely for us, a lot of them lived fairly close together and saw each other more or less every day. One downside to this would make itself clear as I was woken up several hours too early by my phone. I staggered downstairs, and began rummaging through mounds of papers and other junk in search of the phone. The ringing had stopped by the time I found it, and now I was left not only half awake but in a foul mood too. The prospect of dragging myself back up the stairs was one I didn’t want to endure, so I simply crashed out on the sofa instead. Luckily for me, fifteen minutes later the phone went off again and I was able to answer it this time.

Me: …hello?

?????: Where the hell have you been?!

Me: I was trying to sleep, it’s only…

I looked over at the clock on the wall

Me: …Midday, call me back in an hour.

I still had no idea who it was, part of my brain was running through all the voices I knew to try and match them up. Finally it clicked, and I realised I was talking to Fox Mask.

Fox: No, if you don’t get your ass down to Frankie’s Gym as soon as you can…well I don’t know what the hell’s gonna happen!

Needless to say, I didn’t waste much time getting dressed. Frankie’s was a small gym in the middle of town, where some of the roster would usually go to work out on their days off. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, only that I could hear the shouting before I’d even made it through the front door. Inside was what looked like a good quarter of the roster split into two groups. One half was holding back Primal Rage, the other had the harder task of holding onto both Brent Hill AND American Elemental. As I stood there dumbfounded by what I was seeing, Fox saw me and broke away from one of the groups.

Fox: It’s about time, Frankie is threatening to call the cops if we don’t get these three out of here now…

Me: Well what are you waiting for? Get them out, now!

It was easier said than done, but eventually the two groups managed to get them out without any more hassle. One upside was that Frankie knew how much business the roster brought in, so was reluctant to take the matter further. That didn’t stop me feeling like a dick as I left with Fox.

Me: So what the hell was that all about?

Fox: Your guess is as good as mine. One minute, everything is fine. Then the next Rage says something to Brent that causes him to snap. We manage to separate them without a problem, but then he starts on Elemental as well. He takes a swing at Rage, and then all hell breaks loose! There were some punches thrown, but mostly it was just equipment being knocked over.

Me: Why didn’t anyone call Cliff?

Fox: I did, he told me to get hold of you.

Me: That son of a…

Fox: I thought it was strange too. I mean I’ve known him for over five years now, and he’s always been a bit of a dick. But now you’re here he’s pretty much dumping everything on your shoulders.

Me: Got any ideas on what to do with this situation? God knows I could use the help…and a drink.

Fox: You and me both Jay, you and me both.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unfortunately the new talent really didn't do much for me. Neither man seems like they're actually going to do anything here, which might be wrong, but their first impressions didn't really do much for me. Would have been cool if Prince Adam had've acted all regal, not wanting to be touched and shit. That would have been cool. Or if he'd carried a coffee can named Jeremy :shifty:

Well damn, you gave the next segment away all in the title. Ah well, it's still cool to see Devine get the edge here. Not a fan of Jimmy Foxx though but ah well.

Good to see you didn't take the titles off the Gilberts first thing as I thought you were going to. Disqualification win serves the purpose here. Not to mention you used my move in there. Gotta love that Five Minute Major. I love the old Hockey stick for a weapon too, even if it does bring me back flashes of Scott D'Amore

I like Remmy. He's a lot like RVD, but without the drugs. Strong's actually starting to develop some personality during this segment. and Ferdinand, well he just seems to be there, but that's okay.

Even the stable of guys aren't getting along in this match. Just when you think the other team is going to be the one that blows apart and Plague does something like push his teammate off the top. Remmy comes out of nowhere and scores the victory to get the shot. Somehow I still don't think he's taking the title though. Plague is just too cool for that.

Fox Mask plays the wily verteran angle very well. He's been to the top of the mountain, but he's seeing the pastures all turn brown with the new breed.

Wasn't that interested in the Pick Your Partner tag match. I'm waiting for the two men to square off one on one again. Though I did like Devine once again getting the upperhand here, even if it does mean that sooner or later, Hill is going to get some of this back.

I like the main event and how you played off the speed factor, which was the one thing Fox stated he had over the last challenger, who's name actually slips my mind. God damn lack of sleep. I knew Fox wasn't walking away with the title, but you wrote it well enough to give someone who was cheering for him that hope. Hell Monkey is ratings!!

Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling Presents

BREAKING POINT

Sunday, Week 4, March 2006.

Live From The Snake Pit

HellMonkey.jpg vs. JackGiedroyc.jpg

Main Event

CZCW Heavyweight Title Match

Hell Monkey © Vs. Jack Giedroyc

Since becoming champion back in December, Hell Monkey has only had to contend with Fox Mask and Puerto Rican Power. Having now gained pinfall victories over both those men, he's looking to expand his reach over other members of the roster. With no official number one contender to the title, a motion was passed to grant one lucky man a chance to make a name for himself. In the end that honour fell to Jack Giedroyc, who has been stuck in a rut since the departure of his cousin Joey Poison. Can he take the opportunity that's been given to him, and become the first Englishman to hold the CZCW title? Or will Hell Monkey continue to show his dominance and knock off another challenger to his throne?

DarrylDevine.jpg vs. BrentHill.jpg

Devine's Choice Match

'Mighty Fine' Darryl Devine Vs. 'The Complete Package' Brent Hill

If there was one thing for certain last month, it was that Darryl Devine was determined to walk out of One Step Closer with the right to choose this match's stipulation. With his partner Jimmy Foxx, they tried to take out Brent Hill earlier in the evening as he was cutting a promo. Unluckily for them he was able to continue, and with Jack Giedroyc at his side were looking like winning the match. If Foxx hadn't been injured during the bout, things may very well have ended differently. Using the distraction, Devine laid out both Giedroyc and Hill with a chair to steal the win. With the power to pick the rules for this one on one encounter, there's no doubt he's going to milk it for all it's worth. Will it guarantee him the advantage, or despite the odds can Brent rack up another singles victory over Mighty Fine?

BlackEagle.jpg vs. RemmySkye.jpg w/ BeachBabeBunnie.jpg

CZCW Xtreme Title Match

Plague © Vs. 'Psyche Out' Remmy Skye

When it comes to being a champion, it's every man for himself. That was proven first hand last month during a six man tag match. Even with the tag team rules, each man was looking for the chance to get a shot at the Xtreme title. Even Plague's stable mates were trying their best to make sure it was them that won the match. It went so far that the leader of The Furies shoved one of his own partners off the top rope and sent him crashing into the concrete! The other team wasn't much better, as Remmy Skye ended up hitting his Skye Diver on not only Plague but one of his partners as well! That proved to be enough for him to book a rematch with the champion. Will it be a repeat of December with Plague retaining the belt yet again, or will this be Remmy Skye's time to shine?

Valiant.jpg vs. PrimalRage.jpg

The Winner Earns Their Tag Team A Title Shot

Valiant Vs. Primal Rage

With only three active tag teams in CZCW, competition for the titles is extremely tight. The Nightmares spent last year trading the straps with The Gilberts, and are still looking for their third reign. The Patriots burst onto the scene in December, and have so far yet to lose a match. Last month they looked to have the belts all but won, until Jesse Gilbert caused a blatant disqualification to escape with their titles in tact. Tonight sees a complete mismatch in size and style to determine which team gets another crack at the belts. Will it be the brute power of Primal Rage that proves to be too much to handle? Or will Valiant's speed and agility upset the big man and give The Patriots a chance at revenge?

PrinceAdamb.jpg vs. ThePlayer.jpg

Open Challenge

Prince Adam Vs. ??????

Last month, two men were given the chance to prove they deserved a permanent spot on future cards. Despite his best efforts to take down the big man, Frankie Perez was forced to tap out to The Rack. Full of confidence, Prince Adam took his guaranteed spot on tonight's show and issued an open challenge to any member of the roster. Can CZCW resident royal score another victory, or will his confidence come back to haunt him?

Bonus Questions

1) How many titles (if any) will change hands during the show?

2) What kind of match with Darryl Devine choose?

3) Who will answer Prince Adam's challenge?

...and we have prediction contest for this show. The winner, assuming there are enough to predictions to qualify, will get to choose three people form the Cornellverse and rank them in order of preference. The highest on the list that's available, will be brought in to work the Anything Goes double shot next month.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Costal Zone Combat Wrestling Presents

BREAKING POINT

Live From The Snake Pit

Attendance: 890

Valiant.jpg vs. PrimalRage.jpg

1 - The Winner Earns Their Tag Team A Title Shot

Valiant Vs. Primal Rage

Luck would have to be on Valiant's side in this match, as another tag title shot rested on him upsetting a man much bigger than himself. Even with everything he was giving up to Primal Rage, his confidence shone as he bounded down the aisle to cheers from the near sell out crowd in The Snake Pit. In what was quickly becoming a pre match tradition, he leapt over the ropes and onto the top turnbuckle before saluting the fans. After hopping down, he removed his cape and draped it over the back of the turnbuckles. As he began to warm up, the music switched to the more sinister tune of Primal Rage. The muscle of The Nightmares was alone, after Insane Machine took a nasty bump during last months six man tag match. He didn’t seem to mind that too much, as he stalked towards Valiant much like a lion would stalk its prey.

No one in the building would have expected this match to start off with a test of strength, but that’s exactly how it happened. The look on Rage’s face was one of utter shock as Valiant held up a hand beckoning him to take it. Knowing he was as strong as at least three of his opponent, the big man had no problem accepting it. However, as he reached out, Valiant ducked under his arm and rolled him in a school boy for a very close two count! Infuriating his stocky opponent was clearly Valiant’s best hope of escaping this match in tact, and that was just how he chose to play it for the opening few minutes. Ducking in and out of Rage’s swinging blows; he picked his spots with some quick strikes aimed at the knees and thighs. It was going off without a hitch as Primal started to wobble, with both his legs having taken a pounding from the young patriot. Valiant’s confidence however would eventually lead him to his downfall, as he tried to body slam the man over sixty pounds heavier than himself. To his credit he managed to lift him off the ground, but his back was nowhere near strong enough to keep it up and he was forced to drop him. This gave Rage the opening he needed, and he nearly ripped Valiant’s arm out of its socket when he pulled him into a thunderous short arm clothesline!

A pinfall at this point may well have sealed the deal, but Primal looked far from over as he pulled a now limp Valiant off the canvas. Lifting him up onto his shoulders, he took a few steps forward before planting him hard with a huge powerslam. Again, not content with going for a cover he instead grabbed a handful of Valiant’s hair and lifted his head up. It wasn’t there for long, before being introduced to the slab of granite Rage calls a fist! Punch after punch rained down on his face without any sign of resistance. Pee Wee looked naturally concerned, turning to the timekeeper several times as he contemplated calling for a stoppage. But Primal saw this, and quickly stopped his assault and brought Valiant back to his feet.

By now, all looked lost for the fan favourite, as he showed little in the shape of a come back. The fans were booing heavily, as for all intents and purposes the match had degenerated into Primal rage causally taking pot shots at Valiant without any real desire to end it. Pee Wee looked to be almost pleading with Rage to at least try and win the match, only to be shoved to one side for his troubles. A few more body slams are followed up by a crushing powerbomb, and finally there’s a signal that the end is coming. Dragging a now barely conscious Valiant off the floor, Primal whips him across the ring looking for the Wake Up Call (High Impact Spinebuster). Catching him on the rebound they go up, around, and down into the canvas…BUT IT’S BECAUSE OF A TORNADO DDT BY VALIANT! Primal Rage sits motionless for a moment, before falling back thanks to just being spiked on his head. The crowd is begging for Valiant to cover, but he has to make do with a brief recuperation time. Despite taking a beating up to this point, he’s not too far behind Primal in making it back to his feet. He isn’t however, quick enough to block a quick windsucker punch to the ribs. Rage takes a moment to shake off the cobwebs before attempting another whip into the corner…BUT VALIANT JUMPS UP THE ROPES, TWISTS, AND HITS PRIMAL RAGE SQUARE IN THE FACE WITH A PATRIOT MISSLE (Top Rope Spinning Heel Kick)! The duo crash into the canvas as the fan have wait in agony for Valiant to drag himself onto Rage for the slow three count!

Valiant def. Primal Rage by pinfall in 9:36

Grade: C

2 – To The Victor Goes The Spoils.

Pulling himself up the ropes, Valiant raises one arm in pain filled victory. The fans cheer him as Primal Rage rolls out of the ring still unable to believe he’d been beaten. Saluting some fans in the front row, the youngster turns RIGHT INTO A HOCKEY STICK SHOT! He crumples to the canvas as Jesse and Joe Gilbert stand over him with smiles on their faces. The fans have quickly gone from cheering Valiant to booing his attackers, but they hardly even acknowledge it. Instead, they drag soon to be challenger to his feet and set him up for a Five Minute Major (Dropkick Assisted Powerbomb). As Jesse lifts Valiant into the air, the crowd explodes for American Elemental racing down the aisle! He slides into the ring and immediately chop blocks Jesse in the back of his knee. Before Joe can react, he takes a clothesline and bails out under the bottom rope. Scampering around the ring, he drags his brother out as well and they retreat up the aisle. Helping Valiant to his feet, Elemental points to both Gilberts and makes the universally known belt gesture to a pop from the fans.

Grade: D

3 – A Challenge Fit For A Prince

A moment or two after The Patriots have vacated the ringside area, the fans attention turns to the curtain once more. The regal music of Prince Adam begins to play as the big rookie saunters out in his crown, cape, and sceptre. He makes rue to take plenty of time on his way down the aisle, waving to the now booing fans. A few try to reach out and touch him, causing an overreaction on his part to keep them away. Hopping onto the apron, he makes easy work of stepping over the top rope. After parading around the ring for another moment or two, he calls for a microphone and motions for his music to be cut.

Adam: Last month, I made a point when I slapped that peasant Frankie Perez around this ring. For too long, the power behind the scenes has been suppressing my rise to the top of this hovel. They fear that once I ascend to my rightful place as the heavyweight champion, there’s nowhere else to go but down. After all, how can you improve on perfection? There isn’t a man, woman, or child on this planet who can match up to me, and tonight I shall prove it by destroying whichever poor fool accepts my open challenge.

He begins to walk over to one corner, removing his cape and crown.

Adam: Well then, shall we get this started? Bring out my challenger!

The crowd turns to the entrance, waiting for whomever it is that’s set to face Adam. After a few seconds of silence, they turn back to the man in the ring who now has a smirk on his face,

Adam: Come now, there has to be someone in this run down establishment who wishes for the honour of sharing a ring with wrestling royalty such as myself?

They turn back to the entrance, and once again they’re left looking at nothing but a motionless curtain.

Adam: I will NOT stand out here all night like a common fool! Either someone gets out here now, or I shall…

Finally some music hits, but Adam’s draw drops as Puerto Rican Power steps through the curtain! The fans go nuts as the big man makes his first appearance since having his jaw broken by Hell Monkey back in January. As he slowly walks down the aisle, Prince Adam is in the middle of having a conniption fit in the ring. He makes it all too clear that he wasn’t expecting to face anyone of PRP’s stature, and grabs a now in ring Pee Wee Germaine screaming ‘This isn’t what I wanted, dammit!’ Climbing into the ring, Power is staring a hole right through Adam, who is now rummaging into his tights. Producing a wad of money, he advances forward telling PRP to take it…BUT GETS DECKED WITH A RIGHT HAND! The crowd pops as Adam hits the canvas, and Pee Wee calls for the match to start.

PrinceAdamb.jpg vs. PuertoRicanPower.jpg

4 - Open Challenge

Prince Adam Vs. Puerto Rican Power

PRP is quickly on the offensive after landing a pre match shot in on Prince Adam. The two month layoff due to injury only seems to have increased the ferocity in which Puerto Rican Power fights with. There’s no real game plan to his attack, as he simply lays in shots wherever he can as Adam frantically tries to cover up and protect himself. Being one of the biggest men on the roster, it’s not very often that you’d see him being completely dominated, but that’s just what is happening as PRP forces him into a corner and continues to unload with rights and lefts. A good minute or so has passed since the bell rang, and Power still doesn’t look like he’s going to be letting up his attack any time soon. Knowing this, Adam does the only thing he can in the situation and lands a cheap shot into PRP’s left eye. It’s enough to stave off the beating, and give him a chance to fire back with a few good shots of his own. Breaking free of the corner, Adam has enough room to move a little more freely and level PRP with a big clothesline. It doesn’t keep him down for long, but it’s just enough time to line up and pull off a second. Again the big Puerto Rican hits the canvas only to start rising almost instantly. A wide eyed sense of desperation comes across the prince, which he relieves slightly with a huge boot to PRP’s still healing jaw! It comes as no surprise that he doesn’t get up quickly after that, and Adam is on it like a shark that smells blood. Pushing him onto his back, the big rookie straddles him and starts firing off crossface after crossface into the weakened jaw area. To add a little insult to injury, he follows it up by jumping down on his back with all his weight before rolling him into a close two count.

Instead of retaining his focus on PRP, Adam shows his inexperience by going after Pee Wee to argue his case. To his credit, the little guy didn’t budge an inch despite being a good foot shorter than the man berating him. All the while, a now angry Puerto Rican Power was getting to his feet with fury in his eyes. Pee Wee could see this, and knew just when to get out of the way as Adam was sent sprawling into the ropes! Whipping him across the ring, Power connected on the rebound with a huge shoulder block and dropped down into a cover for just two. Unlike his young opponent he didn’t argue the decision, instead bringing Adam back to his feet. Another irish whip ended this time with a big delayed sidewalk slam, before PRP headed for the ropes. Not being know for his aerial prowess didn’t stop him fro slowly scaling the turnbuckles. With Prince Adam laying in the middle of the ring, Power leapt off looking for a devastating diving elbow but met nothing but canvas! Having just rolled out of the way, Adam quickly rolls back again trying for a pin It comes as no surprise to anyone in attendance when PRP kicks out well before three, but he still looks distraught nonetheless.

The two slowly battled back to their feet, trading a few right hands before Power blocked one and took the opening. Unloading with several in succession, he then followed it up by sending Adam over the top rope with a huge clothesline! Seeing the massive rookie flip a full rotation and slam hard into the concrete was a sight that’s hard not to be impressed by. That was the general feeling as the fans cheered PRP’s actions while he dropped through the middle rope. In his thick accent he told the fans to get out of the way as he dragged Adam back to his feet. A few people didn’t react fast enough, and got caught in the chaos created by Adam’s body sending chairs as he skidded across the floor and came to a stop fifteen feet away from where he started! Pee Wee by this point had given up counting, and instead advised PRP to get Adam back into the ring. He was all too happy to oblige, but not before ‘accidentally’ ramming him into the ring apron first. Clutching his ribs, Adam desperately tried to fight back as he made it to his feet. A few shots were blocked with ease, but one uppercut made it through and connected right to Power’s jaw! It was enough to attempt a finish, as Adam spun his around and tried to go for The Rack (Torture Rack), It almost looked as though he was going to succeed, but his ribs were in no way healthy enough to support PRP’s massive frame. In another rookie mistake, he tried yet again to lift him up, only causing his midsection more unnecessary pain. Eventually he realised it was useless, and resorted to planting him with a russian legsweep instead. There was no cover, as he chose to roll out and take control of his sceptre. Pee Wee saw this, and was quickly on his case once he returned to the ring. After a brief tug of war, Adam showed just how strong he was be shoving Germaine half way across the ring! PRP rose to his feet and turned around…AND DUCKED THE ONCOMING SCEPTRE SHOT! Adam spun round into swift boot, causing him to double over and drop the weapon. Puerto Rican Power wasted no time in pulling him into position, lifting him into the air, and drilling him with a monstrous Destornillador (Steiner Screwdriver)! Landing headfirst into the canvas, there was no way Adam was going to kick out as PRP covered him for the one, two, three!

Puerto Rican Power def. Prince Adam by pinfall in 12:27

Grade: C+

BlackEagle.jpg vs. RemmySkye.jpg w/ BeachBabeBunnie.jpg

5 - CZCW Xtreme Title Match

Plague © Vs. 'Psyche Out' Remmy Skye

The heat from Puerto Rican Power’s return spilled over into this match, as the crowd was a little more vocal than usual for CZCW’s resident couple. While he needed no help at all to whip people into a frenzied state, the addition of Bunnie had done wonders for him. There was also the fact that this was a rematch from back in December, which itself was a great match to see. The duo paraded around the ring for a few moments, waiting for the arena to be bathed in the red strobe light that signals Plague’s arrival. All eyes turned to the curtain once more to see the Xtreme champ…BUT HE SLIDES INTO THE RING BEHIND SKYE AND NAILS HIM WITH THE BELT! The crowd immediately goes nuts as Plague starts wailing away on Remmy with rights and left, as Bunnie bails to the outside. It takes Pee Wee a few moments to ring the bell having been shocked by the attack just as much as the fans have.

The champ make no attempt to hide his game plan as he rises to his feet and lays in several boots onto the back of Skye’s head. No sooner had he dragged him to his feet did he then pull him back down into a school boy for a very close two count! With no interest in letting this go on any further than it has to, Plague quickly goes back to laying in shots to Remmy’s head. After a healthy volley of blows, he covers again but still only gets a two count. A second cover, even with both legs hooked, garners the same result as Skye forces out of it before the three. Even with the lower half of his face covered, you can still see that Plague is fuming over Remmy’s persistence. This only leads to him striking harder and faster, as Bunnie is forced to watch her boyfriend taking a hellacious beating. A quick body slam into the middle of the ring sets up Plague for a Lionsault, which he connects with perfectly into Skye’s chest! Hooking the leg, Pee Wee’s hand hits the mat once, twice, but yet again Remmy is up before the three!

It’s just one time too many for the Xtreme champ to take, as he forces Germaine into a corner unleashing a torrent of abuse in his direction. All the while, Remmy is stirring from his pain ridden stupor and climbing to his feet. With one hand on Pee Wee’s collar, Plague looks all but ready to blast him in the face until Skye sneaks up behind and rolls him up for a one, two, and the champ just kicks out! Angry that he was almost beaten, Plague gets to his feet and swings for Remmy, who catches the arm and rolls him into a small package for another two count! Sensing the momentum shifting, Plague bails to the outside to try and collect himself. Remmy however doesn’t seem to have the same idea in mind, as he gets by the ropes and vaults over onto the Xtreme champion! Both men sprawl out on the concrete amidst a healthy round of applause from the fans. Remmy is on his feet first, feeding off the crowd’s support as he throws Plague back into the ring. Hopping onto the apron, he doesn’t climb in through the middle rope but instead flips over the tope and lands a leg across Plague’s throat instead! The cover is instinctive, but so it the champ kicking out and rolling onto his stomach. In a stark contrast, there’s no arguments from the challenger who simply rolls the champion into the middle of the ring and hits a pair of quick leg drops for good measure. There’s a few second pause from Remmy, as he seemingly contemplates his next move. That follows shortly after as he rebounds off the ropes into a cartwheel moonsault! Hooking both legs, he waits as Pee Wee gets into position and counts once, twice, but not the third as Plague kicks out!

The aerial assault doesn’t end there, as Remmy lifts Plague to his feet and drills him with a high angle backdrop. He then drags him over to a corner, and hits a small moonsault using the bottom rope. Instead of covering he hops to his feet, jumps onto the middle rope, and hits a second moonsault! Once more he forgoes the cover, instead choosing to get back to his feet and leap onto the top rope and connect with a split legged moonsault! Finally he covers for the one, two…but Plague gets his foot on the bottom rope! Finally there looks to be signs of frustration breaking through Remmy’s cool exterior as he pulls the champ further into the ring and covers again. Even hooking both legs isn’t enough to get the three, as Plague shows his resilience by keeping himself in the fight. After a few quick kicks to the chest, Skye calls for the end and begins to climb up to the top rope. He can’t resist showboating for the fans before leaping off with a Skye Diver (Corkscrew Moonsault)AND PLAGUE GETS HIS KNEES UP! He lands spine first into Plague’s knees sending him rolling into the middle of the ring in agony. Having just taken a man’s weight across his legs, and the three moonsaults prior to that, Plague is naturally a little slow in getting to his feet. However, Skye is going nowhere as he has a hard time even getting to one knee. The veteran instincts of the Xtreme champ set in, as he signals for the New Jersey Turnpike (Shining Wizard) and staggers towards the ropes. He then turns and runs forward…RIGHT INTO A BELT SHOT BY INSANE MACHINE?! Pee Wee has no choice but to call for the bell as Machine stands over his fallen leader with the Xtreme title in his hand. His satisfaction is short lived, as a now upright Remmy Skye spins him round and unloads with a series of right hands! Backing him into the ropes, Skye hits a huge clothesline sending Machine over the top and to the outside! Looking down at the Xtreme title, Remmy picks it up and shakes his head. As Insane Machine backtracks up the aisle, Skye simply drops the belt onto Plague’s chest and rolls out to Bunnies’ side with a disappointed look on his face.

Plague def. Remmy Skye by disqualification in 12:27 to retain the CZCW Xtreme title.

6 – Your World In My Hands

With the Xtreme title match done and dusted, it was time to move on. The rivalry between Darryl Devine and Brent Hill was quickly becoming a highlight on CZCW shows. Having met one on one back in December, Both men hold some kind of in ring victory over the other. Last month, it was Devine who got the win allowing him to pick the stipulation for tonight’s rematch. However, it was Hill’s music that kicked in first as he slowly made his way down to the ring. There was no smile on his face, and he barely even acknowledged the fans cheering for him. It was all business as he rolled into the ring and asked for a microphone.

Brent: I’ve I’d known back in December that one victory would cause me so much grief, I’d probably have laid down and let Darryl beat me. When I signed onto wrestle here in CZCW, I was only interested in working my way towards the heavyweight title. I had no intention whatsoever to get myself sucked into an unnecessary conflict with anyone but the current champion. Why did Darryl pick me? Who knows, he seems to have a problem with people older than he is…maybe his father beat him, I just don’t know. But regardless of that, he’s determined to make sure that one way or another I’m taken out of the company permanently. Whether it be whacking me in the head with a ring bell, or getting a buddy to jump me from behind with a Singapore cane, he’s apparently not comfortable with me being on the same roster as him. Well the fact is Darryl, I’m still here. All the sneak attacks and cheap victories aren’t gonna keep me from climbing to the top of the mountain. Even tonight, with the deck stacked…

Darryl Devine’s music kicks in mid sentence, which draws an annoyed reaction from the man in the ring. After a few seconds, he appears through the curtain with the ever cocky smirk on his face. He doesn’t advance too far down the aisle, as Hill is pacing back and forth like a caged lion waiting for him to get into the ring.

Devine: Easy there tiger, we ain’t gonna dance just yet. You see, I’ve got a few things that I wanna get off my chest first. Firstly, you seem so keen to know why I went after you like I did. To answer that, you’d have to step back and take a look at the two of us. With me you have a charismatic, highly talented, and insanely attractive young man. Whereas you, well you have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel! It’s only a matter of time before you slip in and get buried with you pitiful excuse for a career. So why not be the one to do it? Look at Ricky Dale Johnson…one minute, he’s just another faceless name in the crowd. Then BAM! Just like that he retires a legend like Rip Chord, and suddenly he’s a mega star. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not comparing you to Chord. While you’re both geriatric, no talent hacks, he at least made a name for himself around the world. My point is, when you’re the guy that ends the career of another wrestler it makes people stand up and take notice of you. No matter how insignificant the retiree is, it’s still a big deal for someone to turn a life upside down like that. You may not believe me Brent, but this is by no means personal…it’s simply business. But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy this just a little.

By now, Brent has stopped pacing, and has his mic again.

Brent: That’s a cute little story you have there Darryl. You’ve got everything planned out to the finest detail. You beat me to a pulp, end my career, and propel yourself a little bit further up the ladder. Well you’ll have to forgive me for doubting you, but as far as I can tell, you’re nothing but talk! I beat you cleanly back in December, and you had to CHEAT to beat me last month. The fact is, I don’t think you’ve got what it takes to pin me cleanly for a three count!

Darryl feigns concern, before chuckling to himself.

Devine: I don’t have what it takes to pin you cleanly? Who knows, maybe you’re right old man. Maybe you DO have my number. But sadly, tonight you’re not gonna be able to test out that little theory. You see, thanks to winning last month I can pick any kind of match I want for us to compete in. Believe me, I put a LOT of thought into this. There were so many choices that were cast aside, and at one time I was really looking forward to telling you that we’d be fighting a match where you had both hands tied behind your back. BUT, that’s not what I went with in the end. No, I decided to go with the very embodiment of my quest to take you out. Once I’m done with you here tonight, there’ll be no doubt in anyone’s mind that you’ll be retired and I will be the LAST. MAN. STANDING!

The fans pop madly for the prospect of a last man standing match, as Darryl spikes the microphone into the concrete and marches towards the ring!

Grade: C

DarrylDevine.jpg vs. BrentHill.jpg

7 – Last Man Standing Match

‘Mighty Fine’ Darryl Devine Vs. 'The Complete Package' Brent Hill

The bell rang as Devine slid in under the bottom rope, meeting Brent head on as they started throwing wild fists at each other! They trade back and forth shots for a good fifteen seconds before Darryl breaks it off with a knee to the midsection. A few forearms to the back of Brent’s head follow, before he whips him down to the canvas with a snapmare. Stepping back a foot or so, he takes aim and drills a shin right into the middle of Hill’s spine! Before he even has a chance to roll out of the way, Devine charges in and hits another stiff kick into his back! With no chance of winning, Darryl still tells Pee Wee to start counting…1…2…but Brent rolls onto his hands and knees to break the count. Not phased by it at all, Darryl simply kicks Hill square in the ribs and flips him onto his back again! He points, and Germaine starts counting…1…2…3…Brent slowly starts to roll into a front crawl again, but Darryl drops to his knees and starts hammering fists into the side of his head! With no rules in place Pee Wee has no power to make him stop the assault, only able to try and convince him to stop. After bludgeoning Brent for a good fifteen seconds, he finally does and calmly backs off so the count can start…1…2…3…4…Hill starts to move…5…6…and rolls onto his stomach to break the count! The fans cheer his refusal to give up so easily, but start booing as Devine drops a knee right on the base of his neck. He hits another two shots before jumping onto his back and locking in a blatant chokehold! Pee Wee desperately tries to pull him off, despite knowing it’s all legal according to the rules of the match. When it looks as though Brent has passed out, Darryl finally releases the hold and shots at Germaine to ‘start the fuckin’ count!’…1…2…3…4…Hill has yet to move, still lying flat out on the canvas…5…6…7…8…9…AND DEVINE LEVELS GERMAINE WITH A CLOTHESLINE!

Shaking his head angrily, he stomps on the fallen ref a few times screaming ‘It’s not over until I say it’s over!’. By now Brent is only just starting to move, but Darryl shows little concern as he rolls out of the ring and collects a chair. The fans are giving him hell as he slides back in with the weapon and positions himself behind Hill. As the complete package slowly pulls himself up the ropes, Devine has the chair up like a baseball bat, begging him to turn around. Finally finding his footing, Brent does just that…AND DUCKS THE CHAIR SHOT! Darryl spins round looking for another, but gets kicked in the gut and spiked into the canvas with a huge DDT! All three men are flat out on the canvas as a ‘Let’s go Brent!’ chant kicks in around the crowd. Devine is the first to start getting back to his feet, stumbling onto the ropes for support. He’s slowly followed by Hill in the middle of the ring, and Pee Wee is on one knee in a corner. Thinking the has a perfect opening Darryl charges forward, but gets caught in a huge overhead belly to belly suplex! His legs hit the ropes awkwardly, slingshotting him hard onto the back of his neck to a cringed reaction from the fans. Brent rolls up onto one knee, as Germaine pushes himself out of the corner and starts to make the count…1…2…3…Devine is clearly phased by landing on his head, as he has a hard time pushing himself off the canvas…4…5…6…luckily he’s able to grab the ropes bad us them to pull himself up to his feet. He’s not there for long, as Hill flips him over the tope and to the outside with a huge clothesline! He slides out with him, making sure Pee Wee has no chance to make even a one count as he pulls Devine off the floor by his hair. The fans in the front rows are fired up, egging Brent on as he whips Darryl into the apron. No sooner had he went back first into the side of the ring, he was then lifted high into the air and body slammed onto the concrete! Pee Wee was quick to hop out of the ring to start the count…1…2…3…4…as Darryl started to rise, Brent snapped off a huge kick to the chest sending him back down!

Germaine tries to count again, but Brent is quick to lift Darryl off the floor and stop it from happening. He too seems more intent on doing some more damage before trying to call it a night. Ramming Devine head first into the ring post is a good way to go about this, as Darryl stumbles into a heap in the aisle. As Hill inches closer to him, he starts crawling towards the curtain looking to get some distance between them. Brent doesn’t want him to get too far ahead, picking up speed as Devine disappears through the curtain. With no way of watching the backstage area, a lot of the fans look concerned that they’ll miss some of the action. That fear is lifted as Brent opens the curtain…AND GETS PASTED IN THE FACE WITH A SINGAPORE CANE! The crack rips through the arena as Darryl staggers through and snaps the weapon off a now grounded Brent Hill! With the tables starting to turn, Devine stalks Hill who is trying to fight through the pain and get back to his feet. This is made difficult when the cane is drilled into the back of his head! Again he drops to the concrete, only this time he doesn’t get up straight away leaving Pee Wee no choice but to count…1…2…3…4…5…urged on by the cheering of the crowd, Brent starts crawling towards the ring again. This only serves to piss off Darryl, who snaps the cane off his back two more times! By now the weapon has shredded to pieces, and Brent’s back is covered in thick pink welts. Satisfied with his work, Darryl drops it and drags Hill to his feet. Holding onto his head he tries to whip him into the ring apron, but Brent reverses it and hits a quick Russian legsweep onto the floor! Both men hit the cold crowd with the dull thud of flesh on concrete…1…2…3…breathing heavily, neither looks able to get back to their feet…4…5…6…by now it’s Devine who starts to move, holding the back of his head as he rolls onto his knees. Brent is in worse shape, with smatterings of blood covering his back from the welts.

As he makes it to his feet Darryl is waiting with a right hand, but blocks it and fires off with one of his own! Again he blocks another punch attempt, landing on in the side of Darryl’s head. With no third attempt, he’s free to fire off a series of right hands with as much strength as he can muster. The big killer blow however, is avoided by a desperate knee to the stomach. Taking a step back Darryl tries for a clothesline, but Brent catches the arm and drags him down into a Fujiwara Armbar! The fact that a submission won’t end the match doesn’t stop Devine tapping for his life as Brent arches his arm back to a near ninety degree angle! Pee Wee urges him to release the hold much like he did with Darryl earlier, but it’s clear to everyone that he’s not putting much effort into it. Eventually he releases the hold, and tries to lift Darryl to his feet…BUT GETS HIT WITH A LOW BLOW! The fans boo as Hill slumps to his knees and Devine staggers up clutching his right arm tightly into his chest. It takes a few seconds for him to use his good arm and roll the complete package into the ring. From there, he lifts up the apron and begins rummaging around under the ring. When he rises back up again, he’s now sporting a pain ridden grin as he holds on tightly to a wrench! Gingerly rolling back into the ring, he waits patiently for Brent to get back to his feet. Slowly he takes aim, and Hill turns…TAKING THE WRENCH RIGHT IN THE FACE! The force of the blow sends Devine staggering back into the ropes, as he screams for Germaine to start counting…1…2…3…Brent isn’t moving, as blood begins to seep out from his eyebrow…4…5…6…he only just starts to moving, dragging himself across the canvas towards the ropes…7…8…he has one hand on the middle rope…9…AND HE’S UP! Darryl can’t believe it and starts throwing a tantrum as Brent slumps back down into a seated position by the ropes. Throwing the wrench away, he grabs Hill by the head and drags him towards the corner. It’s practically deadweight as he lifts him up onto the top rope. The blood is now covering half of Brent’s face and right shoulder as he can barely keep his balance while Darryl climbs up as well. Screaming ‘try and get up from this mother fucker!’, he lifts him onto his shoulder…AND HITS A DEVINE DREAM DROP OFF THE TOP ROPE INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! The fans are going nuts as a ‘Holy Shit! Holy Shit!’ chant breaks out and both men lay in a heap on the canvas. It takes a moment to sink in, and Germaine finally realises about the count…1…2…3…4…5…both men are barely moving, each trying to make it to the ropes…6…7…8…with hands on the ropes, it takes every bit of strength to pull up…9…Darryl drapes himself over the middle rope…BUT BRENT FALLS BACK DOWN…10!

The fans initially start booing as Pee Wee raises Devine’s hand in victory. By now, Brent has himself to one knee, and through a blood covered face looks over at the victor. The boos quickly turn to a round of applause for both men, as Darryl simply mouths ‘I beat you’ several times, as though he felt he vindicated himself with the win.

Darryl Devine def. Brent Hill by a ten count in 17:19

8 – Rule Britannia

It was tough act to follow, as the music of Jack Giedroyc hit and he made his way out to a lukewarm reaction from the crowd. A lot of fans simply weren’t connecting with him ever since Joey Poison left for NOTBPW. He tries his best to get the crowd into him, but they’re pretty burnt out. There’s a little hint of disappointment on his face as he rolls into the ring, calling for a microphone.

Jack: The past four months have been pretty tough for me. Ever since I was nine years old, all I’ve ever wanted to do was wrestle. No matter where, and no matter for how little pay, I would take any and every job I could to gain experience. When I debuted at the age of eighteen, I spent four years wrestling in smoky bars and rundown community centres hoping to one day live the dream. There have only ever been a few Englishmen to ever crack the US wrestling scene. I put up with wrestling in front of crowds of ten people, and sometimes even mobsters who would sooner slit your throat than look at you, because I felt that I could be just like Tommy Cornell or Cliff Wilson. When I got the call about a possible job here in the States, I couldn’t have jumped on a plan faster than I did. My dream was about to take a step towards becoming reality.

Then I was told I’d be wrestling with my cousin, Joey. It’s true, we hadn’t seen each other in a long time but it was nice to be with a familiar face. We may only have wrestled one match together, but I’ll never forget it. Then he left, and I was alone again. Trying to find someone who had the same chemistry we had was proving to be a difficult task, and then this opportunity came along. I’ve watched Hell Monkey run through every single man put in his path, and to be honest with you it’s a little intimidating. But the fact is, I’m not going to back down for a second. Winning the CZCW title is just another step in being mentioned in the same breath as Cornell and Wilson as truly great British wrestlers. Will I take an arse kicking during this match? Probably. But will I get up each and every time and come back for more? Definitely.

The crowd gives him a round of applause, mostly out of courtesy as the promo itself really failed to connect with them on any level. Handing the mic over to the ring announcer, he starts pacing back and forth in wait of the champion.

HellMonkey.jpg vs. JackGiedroyc.jpg

7 – CZCW Heavyweight Title Match

Hell Monkey © Vs. Jack Giedroyc

Unlike the months previous, Hell Monkey didn’t seem to want to waste any time on his way down to the ring. Within ten seconds, he was in the ring and raring to go. As soon as the bell rang, he burst out of the corner catching Giedroyc completely unaware! The Englishman was backed into the corner and blitzed with a flurry of punches and kicks without any real chance to cover up at all. This continued for a short while, as Pee Wee was far too afraid to get in the middle and break it up. Eventually however, Monkey simply got tired of pummelling Jack and s drove him into the middle of the ring with a snap suplex. He quickly floated over into a cover, but Giedroyc shot his shoulder up at two and a half. While it may have been admirable, it didn’t do the champion’s mood any favours as he jumped to his feet and started kicking away at any part of Jack’s body he could connect with. Several shots landed into his midsection, until the focus went north and Giedroyc took at least four unprotected shots to the face! Rolling him onto his back Monkey covered again, but somehow Giedroyc was able to kick out for a second time. As he tried to get to his feet, blood was seen dripping out of his nose thanks to one of the kicks he took. This seems to fire him up, as he catches the very next kick Hell Monkey tries to connect with! In a very unusual sight, the champion is completely vulnerable as he hops to keep his balance. Wiping the blood from his face with his free hand, Jack grins before pulling Hell Monkey into a huge T-Bone Suplex!

The champ crashes into the canvas, narrowly dodging a head first meeting with the canvas. He stays down long enough for Jack to get a pinfall, but only makes it to two before there’s a kick out. Finding himself in a position not many have been in over the last four months, the challenger is free to press his advantage in any way he chooses. Grabbing an arm, he manoeuvres into a high angle arm bar to give himself some time to rest while keeping the pressure on Hell Monkey. As time passes the champ seems to find out a way to escape from the arm bar, but at that very moment Jack releases it and floats over into a side headlock! Again, Monkey is stuck trying to find a way out, and just as he does Jack slides down and transitions into a leg lock! This little series does quite a bit to get the crowd behind the challenger, after his lacklustre promo prior to the match. The frustration is starting to set in with the champ, as his attempts to find a way out of the leg lock are coming up fruitless. Instead, he simply resorts to kicking Jack as hard as he can! A lucky shot in the face is all that’s needed to get free of the hold, and get some fresh blood from Giedroyc’s nose. This time however, he’s in too much pain to get fired up, and Monkey hobbles over to him and drops his good knee into Jack’s throat! A quick pin gets an even quicker kick out, as Giedroyc rolls towards the ropes and out to the floor. Any ideas he had about getting some much needed rest as Monkey rebounds off the ropes AND HITS A BEAUTIFUL CORKSCREW PLANCHA OVER THE TOP ROPE! The cost of such a move is evident, as he doesn’t get all of Jack that he should have and takes the brunt of the fall onto the concrete!

Pee Wee starts to count, as Jack is slowly getting to his feet. Hell Monkey soon follows, but is clearly favouring his left hip as he’s rolled back into the ring. Giedroyc sees this, and takes a little extra time getting into the ring to give him a chance to see if he can continue. Germaine checks on him, and after giving Jack a slight nod, the Englishman kicks things off again with a running dropkick to the face! Hell Monkey’s mask gives him some protection to those kinds of attacks, but a kick to the face is still a kick to the face. He continues to work on the head, clearly trying to set up an chance to his the Crashing On. A snapmare is followed up by a sleeper hold as Jack again makes sure Hell Monkey is fit to continue. The answer is obviously yes, as the sleeper starts to disintegrate when both men make it back to their feet. A few elbows connect with Giedroyc’s ribs, before Monkey grabs a head full of hair and yanks him down into the canvas! Clutching his head, Jack leaves himself wide open for a huge double stomp into his stomach! The fans that were starting to get behind the challenger try to kick up a chant, as he struggles to get back to his feet. Naturally Monkey is all to happy to help him with a handful of hair, waiting until he’s fully upright before drilling him in the face with a stiff elbow! Unlike other times during the match, Jack looks more pissed that hurt and fires off an elbow of his own! Always up for a challenge, the champ rears back and batters Giedroyc with a double salvo of elbows and follows it up with a spinning palm strike to the neck! That staggered the challenger, but he’s determined not to back down. Hitting a pair of elbows himself, he quickly span round and hit a huge lariat! Monkey went flying back into the ropes, but rebounded and tried a lariat of his own…BUT JACK DUCKS IT! The champ spins round and gets caught in a Crashing OnAND PUSHES HIM AWAY! Jack turns around RIGHT INTO A HELL FIRE KICK! Just like that, the champ dims the challengers lights. Standing motionless for a moment, he drops to his knees and hooks the leg and scores yet another successful title defence!

Getting to his feet, he snatches the Heavyweight title and again looks down as Giedroyc. There’s no celebration by the champion this time, as he knows he came very close to losing the belt. Instead, he raises it once before rolling out of the ring. After a few seconds, Jack starts to make it to his feet and gets a surprisingly warm reaction from the fans, after initially being fairly cold towards him. He raises his hands despite defeat, and leaves the ring to end the show.

Hell Monkey def. Jack Giedroyc by pinfall in 14:50 to retain the CZCW Heavyweight title

----------

Show’s Overall Grade: C+

Ticket Sales: $12,460

Sponsorship Revenue: $5,432

Merchandise Sales: $1,245

Notes: Four out of the five matches tonight hit the C+ mark, with only the opener between slipping down to a C. However, despite his less than impressive skill, Rage was able to work well with Valiant and at least have a decent contest. Prince Adam continues to impress, working well with the returning Puerto Rican Power to pull off a nice little brawl. The few month lay off has hopefully given fans time to forget the debacle the surrounded PRP's last match prior to injury. The last man standing match was clearly the highlight of the night, showing that the new blood brought in has done wonders for the promotion over all. The main event helped Jack Giedroyc establish himself as a singles guy now, even if his promo beforehand failed to show any real spark. Whether it was due to him still being a new face, or the US/UK barrier, it may be the last time he's on the mic for the time being. Over all, a very successful show by CZCW standards heading into the big double shot weekend next month.

----------

SquaredCircle.jpg

www.Thesquaredcircle.com

CZCW FINALLY BEGINS IT'S RISE

Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling has been running shows for almost sixteen years in the California area. Up until recently however, anyone outside of the area may very well have never heard of it or most of it's roster. Always seen by people in the industry as a strong candidate for a future heavyweight promotion, it's finally beginning to live up to it's reputation. Over the last four months the company has seen a surprising turnaround under the guidance of a, still unknown, figure. CZCW's founder Cliff Anderson has however been more than happy to comment on the success that seeing recently. There are many factors that could attribute to the growth seen, but none moreso that the fresh faces that were brought in for the December show. Men like Darryl Devine, Brent Hill, and the current CZCW champion Hell Monkey have all stepped into the promotion and established themselves as reasons to attend the shows. As April begins, so does another big step for all involved, as CZCW has announced it's intentions to run a double shot on the last Saturday and Sunday of the month. Where these are to be held however is still up for debate. On the one hand, sticking with the home crowd would certainly be a help to their financial status. But with plans to expand further up north, two shows could do a lot to get people in that area familiar with what CZCW is all about. Where ever these shows end up being, one thing is for sure...the sky is the limit, and finally CZCW are starting to show they have a chance of reaching it.

Edited by Xero Gravity

SquaredCircle.jpg

www.Thesquaredcircle.com

CZCW ANNOUNCES IT'S PLANS FOR DOUBLE SHOT

A week has passed since Breaking Point, and CZCW have finally released details about it's upcoming double shot weekend. The first piece of news is that it will not be taking place in California. With the company on the rise, they feel that now is the time to try and break out and make good on their regional exposure. Instead of running in the South West like they have for the past fifteen years, both shows in the double shot will be held in Portland, Oregon. The venue was originally going to be the Portland Center, however it was soon changed to the smaller Club X after concern over just how many tickets would be sold. Following on from that, they also announced ‘The Samoan Machine’ Bali So’oialo had agreed to work the two dates. The first match will be a CZCW Heavyweight title match against Hell Monkey. Then the following night, he will team with Fox Mask to take on Hell Monkey and an as yet to be named partner.

Edited by Xero Gravity

SquaredCircle.jpg

www.Thesquaredcircle.com

CZCW DOUBLE SHOT IN JEOPARDY?

With only three days to go until the first night of the Anything Goes weekend, CZCW have been forced to alter their proposed care. Bali So’oialo, who was scheduled to compete in both main events, has had to pull out of the agreement. Initially his schedule allowed him to be in Oregon for the events. Now however, it appears as though INSPIRE have decided that they want to include him in their upcoming show. With bigger pay and more exposure on offer, So’oialo reportedly contacted CZCW management and told them about what he was planning to do. While they are disappointed and obviously concerned, there is said to be no ill will whatsoever towards his decision. The big question is whether CZCW have enough time to find a replacement for their main events. A few names have already been linked with the position, but no official word has been made to confirm or deny any of them.

Edited by Xero Gravity

An excellent save with Champagne Lover, and his hybrid style could help him work well with anybody. Also, Big Cat's a nice addition, but is he only doomed to be a part-time addition if he can't get over PRP?

Finally, Remmy seems to have some thinking to do. Any possibility of teaming him with Giedroyc, the Man of a Thousand Partners?

Very ready for the ladder match and that tag team main event...Big Cat to feud with Fox Mask? (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely enjoying the Remmy Skye stuff, but something tells me he's not done with that division yet. He's just too suited for it. Because I'm not familiar with the Cornellverse, the debuts weren't big to me and I have to wait to see if you keep using them and giving them a distinct personality before I get behind them. I find myself looking forward to the Hill/Devine stuff more than anything. I'd have liked it better had Remmy won and went on to the Ladder Match, but it should have been evident that Insane was winning this match due to what happened before. He wanted this match and now he's got it. Too bad for Insane that *Monotone Voice* PLAGUE'S GONNA KILL YOU!