Grammys

NobBe Nobbs

I would like to publicly express that my faith in humanity is at an all-time low for two reasons.

One - My Humps won an award. My Humps. Just mull that over for a second.

Two - Dani California won not one, but TWO awards.

I would happily welcome the fiery demise of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fergie at this moment; that way, they can't be fooled into thinking their respective performances were actually any good. And yes, I realise people are going to whine at me about this, but I don't care, I hate them so very very much right now.

Also, discuss any of the other results/travesties.

I would like to publicly express that my faith in humanity is at an all-time low for two reasons.

One - My Humps won an award. My Humps. Just mull that over for a second.

Two - Dani California won not one, but TWO awards.

I would happily welcome the fiery demise of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Fergie at this moment; that way, they can't be fooled into thinking their respective performances were actually any good. And yes, I realise people are going to whine at me about this, but I don't care, I hate them so very very much right now.

Also, discuss any of the other results/travesties.

It's hard to understand what someone on your ignore list is saying, but the award show sucked. The performances were sombre, the awards were questionable and they somehow forgot Proof in the "In Memoriam" thing.

Grammy's....

How the Dixie Chicks win anything besides the country award is just pathetic.

Rascal Flatts butcher Hotel California, only to be saved in total performance by the beautiful Carrie Underwood.

Timberlake's first performance was, eh, 2nd was pretty good.

Smokey Robinson...Lionel Ritchie...Chris Brown all perform and are decent enough, but then Christina gets to tribute James Brown? Puh-Leeze! I nearly turned the television off at that point, but there was nothing else on...

Mary J's performance was good, as was Ludacris' (and his acceptance specch).

Oh, and are we forgetting.. THE F'N POLICE!!!

Overall, the Grammy's is a POS, continuing its downward slide from the year U2 won all their awards based on everything non-music related with an album that a 4 year old could have wrote to.

Whiel I don't think "Dani California" is that great, I think putting it as the worst Peppers single ever when there have been plenty of more annoying RHCP singles like "The Zephyr Song" and "By The Way" is a tad ridiculous.

As for the Grammys, they sucked, but they had their bits of good news like the awesome Best Alternative Music noms with Gnarls winning and Slayer FINALLY getting some sort of recognition for being awesome (which, of course, neither had any bit of recognition on the final show, but of course, Tony Bennett is allowed to warble and shout Stevie Wonderful until the fucking cows come home.)

I just thought I'd add that Corinne Bailey Rae/John Legend/John Mayer was by far the best performance of the night. Not just because it was 3 great artists, but 3 great artists that actually seemed to care about what they were performing. The only other person who could recieve that distinction is Mary J Blige, but I guess I just don't get into her music at all.

What award was it that Wolfmother were supposed to have won?

Best Hard Rock Performance

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

For Woman.

Edited by Anus's Biggest Fan!