Your favourite sports to play and watch

So I was thinking about the sports I love to play and the sports I love to watch (mostly on TV) and realised that there's a few differences between the two.

Now I know a few people will be like "I play hockey and I watch hockey. I LOVE HOCKEY!¬!¬!¬!¬¬!¬!111!" but I'd imagine a number of us probably have variation.

So, what differences do you have to your favourite sports?

Mine in no order:

TO PLAY:

Cricket

Football

Badminton

Basketball

TO WATCH:

Road Cycling (like the Tour de France)

Football

Track & Field

Cricket

I find basketball kinda boring to watch due to the nature of the game. However it's great to play in matches as I used to as you're always doing something. I haven't cycled in ages but I love watching Pro Cycling. If you don't know what you're looking for then four hours of watching some randoms cycling along before a minute of sprinting at the end must be thoroughly boring (and I used to think so) but when you know what you're looking for it's massively entertaining, intruiging and you can see all different tactics at work.....Breakaways, teams working, protecting their leader, chases, reeling in the escape group, setting up the sprinters etc.

Also I LOVE the Olympics (probably more than the World Cup even) because of the sheer amount of different events going on. The swimming's always a decent warm up but when you've got a choice of Track and Field, badminton, judo, archery and plenty of other interesting sports on offer, the Olympics really picks up the pace. Of course the jumping to-and-from action style of Track and Field coverage is good cos of my generally short attention span. However, while I carried athletics through to A-Level Sports Studies (cos it was either that, gymnastics or trampolining for my individual sport segment) I never really enjoyed it.

PLAY:

Basketball

Football

I haven't played Football in years, in fact, I don't even own a pair of boots any more =( Otherwise this might be the other way around.

WATCH:

Football

Basketball

Tennis

Hands down Football. Maybe Basketball would be closer if it wasn't on at daft o' clock and if Sky or five aired Magic games more often (or ever, for that matter). Tennis I only really watch when Wimbledon's on, but I get pretty into it.

TO PLAY

Hockey

Soccer

TO WATCH

Hockey

Basketball

Football

Soccer

Winter Olympics

I have been a huge hockey fan most of my life. Played soccer when I was little and continue to enjoy watching or playing every now and again. I just got interested in watching basketball, with the Toronto Raptors finally becoming a decent team. Football can be fun to watch sometimes. The winter olympics are more interesting to me then the summer games, with hockey, snowboarding, speed skating, and a bunch of other interesting events.

I love playing any sport

To watch it differs.. some sports I'll watch on TV.. but I get real bored quick.. but to be there and watch is of course a whole diferent thing

To Play:

Football

Snooker/Pool

Basketball

To Watch:

Athletics

Tennis

Football

I can't stand watching snooker or pool on the TV. Whilst I understand the brilliance of some of it, it bores me to tears. I'm nowhere near the correct shape to even attempt Tennis anymore and football is my first love when it comes to sport so I try to play regularly.

I only play tennis, but if I play something else I get pretty into it. Don't play really anymore but I'm half-decent with a basketball for a white English boy.

Main sports I watch are tennis, american football, ice hockey, bit of basketball too. I can get into all sorts of sports though such as Handball, lacrosse just anything thats on TV I can usually get into. Don't watch football anymore really but keep up to date with the results etc.