WWE RAW 2009

Guest Angle-Plex

Guest Angle-Plex

OOC: I feel as though this is the best way to right results, as it is easiest to read and doesn't bore the reader with unnecessary details. I tried coping the WWE.com style of format. If anyone has any suggestions I will definetly consider them!

December 15, 2008

wwe_raw.jpg

Rated-R for Revenge!

Shane McMahon and CM Punk may have taken the WWE Title from Edge at Over The Edge, but it was the Rated-R superstar that got the last laugh on RAW! The show opened with Shane McMahon and new WWE champion CM Punk. Shane claimed that wrestlers like Edge have ruined sports entertainment. He said that in his vision for a "new, improved" WWE, he wants the company represented by someone that kids can look up to and respect; CM Punk. Shane explained that Punk fits in perfectly with his vision; he's anti-alcohol and anti-drug. The perfect candidate to represent the new WWE. He also said that Punk is a fighting champion, and that he will defend his title later tonight by taking out another superstar that Shane doesn't approve of: The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy! Punk fought Hardy in the main event of the show with the title on the line. Hardy surprised everyone with his guts and determination to win the WWE Title, but the champion and Shane McMahon proved to be too much for the highlight reel to handle. Shane tripped up Jeff when he was going for a top rope move, which left Punk an opening to lock in the Anaconda Vice and get the victory. Punk and the president beat down the helpless Hardy after the match....that is until Edge shocked everyone by running through the crowd and spearing the WWE Champion! McMahon ran away from ringside as Edge closed the show holding the WWE Championship in the air!

Edge wasn't the only person Shane and Punk got angry, as Bob Sapp was backstage trying to talk to his former partner to get some answers. However, the President would not let Sapp near the new champion. Sapp was frustrated, and took out his anger on Cult member Jushin Lyger. Sapp destroyed Lyger in under three minutes, ending the match with a Beast Bomb. Sapp got on the microphone after the match and challenged his former partner to an in-ring confrontation, live next week!

The second hour opened up with the return of a legend; former WWE Champion Shawn Michaels! "The Heart Break Kid" got on the mic and claimed that he was bored of sitting at home all day watching TV, and that he wanted one more shot at the WWE Championship! It was then that HBK announced that he had talked to the bored of directors and got himself a spot in the 2009 Royal Rumble. He never got to finish his statement, however, as WWE Tag Team Champions Harry "Bulldog" Smith and Giant Ivan came down to ringside to confront the veteran! Smith told Michaels that he was "washed up" and that he had "no business being in a wrestling ring". He said that the old timers take time away from their TV time. The Show Stopper responded, saying that Smith and Ivan should respect the veterans who paved the way for young superstars like themselves. Smith and Ivan wanted to hear none of that, and attacked the legend! HBK was hit hard with Smith's Running Powerslam and was put in Giant Ivan's deadly bearhug. The beating continued until fellow veteran, the Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit and his protege 'Underdog" Brian Dunlap ran to the ring to stop the attack. Benoit and Dunlap fought off the tag champs at first, but Ivan's strength coupled with Smith's athleticism was too much for the team, as Michaels, Benoit and Dunlap were laid out in the ring as RAW went to commercial break!

Tommy Roberts had an opportunity tonight, facing The Animal Batista in a match for the #1 contendership to the TV Title! The former champion was too powerful for Roberts to stand toe to toe with, so Roberts used his unmatched technical ability to wear down the monster. When Roberts got Batista in his signature Camel Clutch, it appeared he had gotten the win, but Television Champion Christopher Daniels had a trick up his sleeve. Daniel's snuck up on Robert's wife Tanya and slapped her in the face! Roberts released his Camel Clutch and checked on his wife while Daniel's and Batista walked off. The match was ruled a no-contest, leaving the #1 contendership to the TV Title unknown!

Robert's and his wife were not the only couple with trouble, as what started out as a dream ended with a possible nightmare! WWE Intercontinental Champion Brian Danielson and Anna King had their first on screen kiss, ending months of speculation about the couple's relationship. Anna accompanied the IC Champ while he defended his title against "Cowboy" Harly Lewis later in the night. Lewis is an extremely strong athlete, but Danielson kept outsmarting the big texan and eventually countered Lewis's "Big Lariat" into an armbar for the tapout victory! The title defense celebration did not last long, however, as Anna's brother Chris King came down to ringside and took his sister to the back. Danielson hurried to get her back, but was later told that King and his sister had already left the arena.

Matches:

Tommy Roberts drew Batista in a No Contest

WWE Intercontinental Title: Brian Danielson © retained against Cowboy Harly Lewis

Bob Sapp def Jushin Lyger

WWE Title: CM Punk © retained against Jeff Hardy

Overall Rating: 82%

good card, other then given the ratings for each match and segment, thats the best i seen. the ratings i think are good to have.

Buck, you need to let him know WHAT was so good about his card, otherwise it's a little something that we like to call postwhoring. Read about it here. And if it'll keep your typing from looking like Satan's eye chart, get some sleep.

Now, A-P, the one BIG quibble that I have with your format is this: I know it might pop up that way on, say, WWE.com or something, but as a diary, the shows lose something when they're presented in reverse chronological order. Some might just look at your main event and move on. Put your main events last, and you might get people reading the whole thing.

first off, thank you for telling me how to do it insted of jumping me. what was good about it, well the summury format I liked, touching on everything that was important. I like the Hbk angle but i see a twist coming. I won't say what cause i might be right. I am also interested in the world title storyline. I like Edge being a face and Punk being a heel so I like it. Only part that kind of turn me off was the one that invove the IC champ. but, just me.

Guest Angle-Plex

OOC: Thanks for the feedback. I will take all suggestions into consideration.

WWE News: Shane, Punk Unhappy and RAW Rating

Posted on Dec 16, 2008:

-RAW scored a 6.92 in the ratings. The highest rated segment was the overrun, with the run in attack on Punk by Edge, and Shane McMahon's promo at the show's opening.

-There has been heat on Shane McMahon these past few weeks. Some are saying that he is abusing his power and is taking too much heel heat for himself, instead of sitting back and letting Punk be the top heel. There are no plans on cutting Shane's role down at this time.

-CM Punk was visibly upset with his match against Jeff Hardy last night. He felt Hardy was being lazy in the ring and has requested to work some more with Brian Danielson, as he feels Danielson would make him look good and put him over as the company's new top heel.

-There was talk about the build to Over the Edge be a swerve, and to have Edge turn heel and be partners with Shane, but creative felt Punk's character was a natural fit for the direction of the story. Vince McMahon was also against turning Edge heel as he is the company's #1 in merchandise. Bob Sapp is #2.

-WWE is considering bring back a "Sunday Night Heat" type show to showcase the wresters that they do not have time to put on RAW. They are currently negotiating with multiple networks to get a deal signed.

-Shawn Michaels is not expected to be in action until the Royal Rumble match itself. HBK is 42 now, and doesn't think he can put up with a regular schedule.

Guest Angle-Plex

RAW PREVIEW

Response of the Champion!

Coming off a successful title defense last week, WWE Champion CM Punk was speared by his nemesis, the "Rated R Superstar" Edge! The show ended with Edge holding the WWE Title in the air as WWE President Shane McMahon ran to the back. WWE.com has learned that we will hear live from the former champion for the first time since losing his title at Over The Edge on RAW! Edge will be sure to have strong words for both Punk and Shane O'Mac...you won't want to miss this!

Edge isn't all Punk has to worry about either, as his tag team partner, the six foot five, three hundred and thirty five pound Bob Sapp, challenged the champion to meet him to an in-ring confrontation. What does Sapp have in store for his partner...and will the champion accept Sapp's challenge?

Last week, WWE Legend Shawn Michaels announced he wanted one more shot at the WWE Title, and that he was going to get it by winning the Royal Rumble! He was interrupted, however, by the 7 foot 2 inch Giant Ivan and "The British Bulldog" Harry Smith. Smith and Ivan not only left "The Heart Break Kid" laying on the mat, but laid out Chris Benoit and Brian Dunlap as well! How will "The Rabid Wolverine" and his protégé react to the attack?

During his #1 contender match for the Television title last week, Tommy Roberts seemingly had the victory in hand as he had his signature camel clutch on "The Animal" Batista. Roberts was forced to release the hold when his wife was brutally attacked by WWE Television Champion Christopher Daniels, and the match was ruled a no contest. The board of directors have decided to grant Robert's wish and give Roberts a shot at Daniels, in a tag team match this week! Both Daniels and Roberts will be on opposite corners of the ring, but who will they pick as their partners? Find out tonight on RAW!

Confirmed Matches:

WWE Television Champion Christopher Daniels/????? vs Tommy Roberts/??????

Non-Title Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brian Danielson w/Anna King vs Big EZ w/Lil' Beck and The Truth