Anyone else have this problem with photoshop cs2

I've noticed lately that when i use a layer mask and i use pure black some of the image still shows even though it shouldn't . I've checked to make sure i was using pure black and that the blending modes and opacity were set to full still no luck.

any ideas ?

I've noticed lately that when i use a layer mask and i use pure black some of the image still shows even though it shouldn't . I've checked to make sure i was using pure black and that the blending modes and opacity were set to full still no luck.

any ideas ?

i figured out what it was. the back i was using wasn't pure black like I thought it was just a shade off and it was causing my problems. i feel foolish lol

Bwahahahaha. I love it when that happens... you spend all that time trying to get it right, and then when you finish it off you notice a ghost of what you had cut is still floating there, mocking you.

Thank God for the paint bucket/brightness option... sometimes these things take a long time to finish. Would be devastating to get forced into doing it again 'cause of a technical error on your part :P

tell me about it what pisses me off more is knowing it was something simple and that I was just overlooking. I have noticed lately with cs 2 though if have a document open and zoomed in and I opena filter dialog , any other documents i have minimized comes up into view. It's nothing damaging but it gets on my nerves lol

The strangest problem I've had with CS thus far is painting an area pure black (0 values all around), inverting said black, and it coming up a dull purple. I have no idea what the connection between shades and colors is, because that just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I meant CS2, yeah. Guess it's not just the program glitching then... wonder what's up with that.