VerbalPuke

CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN $9.99 1 $9.99

22 ORIGINAL HITS $12.99 1 $12.99

IN A GADDA DA VIDA $2.99 1 $2.99

MIDNIGHT RIDE $3.99 1 $3.99

SPIRIT OF '67 $4.99 1 $4.99

JUST LIKE US! $4.99 1 $4.99

HERE THEY COME! $3.99 1 $3.99

Now that might look like mumbo jumbo, but observe the prices there for some great LPs. I managed to pick up some prime 60s rock for a stupid price, on vinyl no less.

Arthur Brown for $9.99? Brilliant, this is the guy that Alice Cooper borrowed his make up from. Arthur Brown is one of the original lunatics of rock.

Little Richard for 12.99? 22 songs for less than 14 bucks is a good deal in any estimation, and Little Richard is well worth it.

In A Gadda Da Vida LP for 2.99? What? That's fucking awesome, Iron Butterfly for basically three bucks is sexy.

Then we come to Paul Revere and the Raiders. Four classic sixties garage rock LP's for roughly twenty dollars? I almost fainted when I saw this brilliant deal. Paul Revere and the Raiders were the American version of the Rolling Stones, and quite frankly, a lot better.

So, let's share our great deals (or steals) in music, or other multimedia. I'm a bit of a bargain shopper and would be happy to see where you folks find your deals.

That's bloody brilliant...working in a record store, I used to get some fantastic deals, either for the shop or for myself. I think the best I got was a massive collection of old Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Rapeman and Foetus LPs for under £30, but I couldn't bring myself to take any of them for myself, because I knew how much cooler they would instantly make the shop look.

I got my most recent record player from amazon.com, the only problem is that it's a belt drive and requires you to put the belt on yourself. The instructions were horrid for it, and I figured it out because I took my old record player apart and realized how it was installed.

And Skummy is a better man than I, because I would have had those records in my house quicker than you could say LP. I've found good deals on Dead Kennedys albums myself, but it depends on the seller. I bought a nearly original pressing of Plastic Surgery disasters for roughly 13 bucks, where as sometimes you'll see the same record go for close to 100.

I did my shopping at a site called www.gemm.com in case you folks are interested in purchasing vinyl. The thing with that site is being a smart shopper. You can find ludicrously great deals, but there are a lot of sellers that price themselves out of making a sale. (Fuck if I'm paying 200 dollars for D.O.A.'s Hardcore 81, I love the band and all, but not for 200 bucks).

Plus a lot of the sellers are based out of the UK and Europe so it would make shipping charges more convenient for my friends from those regions.