Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Maybe...

...just maybe...

...if the Colts knock New England into their first loss next week...

...just maybe...

...people will actually remember that, oh yeah, there are other teams in the league outside of New England.

I mean, it seems like EVERY DAY on NFL Live, every week on the pre-games, there's some discussion about "can the Pats go 16-0?" Never any about the Colts, it's all about the Pats. For real, how about some equal time here?

And I like the Texans okay, but Rivers and Gates absolutely violating them made my week in a couple of fantasy leagues.

I feel like the Lions are over-achieving a bit. I would love to say they're just a great team or just playing with intensity or whatever, but a few things keep stopping me.

Number one, in both of their losses they didn't just lose, they got absolutely crushed.

Number two, in no facet of the game have they truly dominated even the weakest of team.

You could argue that the fact that they lead the league in takeaways means something, but then you kind of have to look at all the yards they've given up even in the wins. If Griese hadn't forced those 3 throws into double and triple coverage in the endzone the Bears/Lions game, the Bears probably would found a way to win.

I think against a team like Denver (next week) the Lions are going to look overmatched, in spite of the fact that Denver is struggling this year.

With the Lions, I remain hopeful, but I keep my enthusiasm tempered by remembering that we're less than halfway through the Lions' season (7 games down 9 to go.).

That said, If Kevin Jones can run against other teams like he ran against the Bears (or better!), and the core of the team can stay healthy/active for once, we might have a shot at making a playoff run. I guess it will depend more on how they do with the rest of their division games, especially against Green Bay.

Edited by jase12881

The Lions are doing about what I expected, maybe a little better. The defense is definitely playing better in these past two weeks, and with the offense that they have, they're going to win games. They're especially deadly now that Calvin Johnson is back (he was out for a little while) and Kevin Jones is healthy. Jones makes a big difference for the Lions. It's a whole different game if they've got a running threat as well, of course. He doesn't even have to do that well either, he just needs to pick up some yards and get the defense thinking about him. With the recievers that the Lions have, if the other team starts to worry about their running game, somebody is going to be open. And Kitna can get them the ball.

You ever watch a NE game? to say you could what Brady is doing is just dumb. Yeah Moss helps on the team but last year Brady had two starting receivers of which only one remains and is now a fourth stinger, and yet Brady still got them to the play off's and better yet probably would have got them to the Super Bowl that year had that one wide out not dropped the ball.

You'd be hard pressed to find one NFL analyst who would go on record to say that Brady is not the lead candidate for NFL MVP.

Edited by Pepsi

You'd be hard pressed to find one NFL analyst who would go on record to say that Brady is not the lead candidate for NFL MVP.

Even as a Colts fan, I'll second this point...and if we did find such an analyst, he'd probably face a season's ban for substance abuse. Brady's made every defense he's faced this year look like St. Catherine's School for the Blind and Paraplegic. If Jackson and Keiaho aren't ready to go for Indy this week, Peyton and his boys will be having to work overtime...and Lord help Peyton if he's gotta have another game of Charlie Turnstile...er, Johnson protecting the blind side.

Of course Favre is more valuable to his team, but the definition of MVP has changed in every sport over the last decade or so and there's no chance he gets it if Brady continues to put up Madden numbers and his team goes 15-1 or 16-0.

Oh, I know that, but Favre is the perfect definition of what 'Most Valuable Player' really means. Well, that, and I've hated New England and Tom Brady since the 'Tuck Rule', so...

I think the Packers are far from horrible. They lack a running game, but the rest of the offense is good IMO.

Let's see... I said all they have is Favre and their arm... and you come back by saying the lack a running game, but the rest of the offense is good... how is that ANY different than what I said? They'd be a shit team without Favre, you said nothing to contradict that.

7-9 dosen't get you into the playoffs (well, unless you're in the NFC West), so it dosen't get you closer to a championship, and winning a championship is all that matters.

If you're satisfied with being 'below average', I really don't know what to say to you.

Edit: To go along with naiwf, yeah, I don't think Rodgers even gets you to 7-9. That defense is good, but its no better than the Raider defense last year, and Rodgers is MORE unproven than Aaron Brooks.

Edited by DMN