First ever Graphic

This is the first ever thing that i've done in photoshop. I just got it earlier today and was fooling around with it. I still pretty much dont know how to do anything, so mock me and if you'd like, give me some tips and tricks that I can use. Anything would be nice. Thank you

Not to shabby for your first piece of artwork, I really enjoy the background (as someone looking at it from your skill level) as most people aren't advanced enough to create/use a catchy background their first time out. I didn't like the font to much per se, and overall it looked a little MS Paintish, but not a bad start. 5.5/10

Does anyone have any hints to make my next try any better? I'd really appreciate it, as you guys know what you're doing.

Guest olla666

For the text, you should add a white border. You do this by right-clicking the layer and going to "blending options", where you check the "stroke" box and edit the settings. I am not an expert on PS, I prefer GIMP, so someone else may elaborate better.

No, don't add a white border to the text, that'll just make it look amateurish. You should make sure anti-alias is checked when you do the text, though, it'll give it a smooth edge rather than the jaggy one it has in your first graphic.

A border around the whole image would be a nice touch to make it look complete and tidy. Ctrl + A, then go to Edit > Stroke and mess around with the settings. Usually a solid 1px border is the way to go, depending on the type of graphic of course.

The background looks like vomit. Try using a colour that ties in more with the Niners' uniform. I like the Jerry Rice text, but the Greatest text is dull. Nice cut and all though