Lord of the Rings Online

lanky316

Okay since every other MMORPG seems to geta thread these days why not one for the game set in the world in which every other fantasy game ever made (practically) adapted from in the first place? The Early Access period has started on both sides of the pond now so seemed as good a time as any to start the topic.

My first impressions have been quite good, relatively decent enough graphics and so far the community have seemed quite good. Already I'm seeing the obvious comparisons to WoW but it's not as if WoW really did anything hugely original. Only problem is there's been a bit of downtime over the last 24 hours but at least it's now as opposed to when the game is fully open. Anyone else playing?

As an aside. Played CoH briefly earlier... I must get out of the habit of right clicking on bodies to try and loot them...

The graphics are fucking BEAUTIFUL. They're not over the top or anything, but little things like the grass and buildings off in the distance are just so beautifully rendered. I haven't actually played it myself, just watched a friend of mine who's been playing it for the last few days, and it looks great, although I've only seen in and around The Shire. I have to chuckle at being able to loot a shrew's body and steal his paws, though.

How the hell do you kill a swarm of midges with a bow and arrow? Then steal an individual midge's eye?! >_>

Well I'm sure an expert marksman would have no problem with that ;)

What you said about the graphics though, spot on. Som,etimes it's nice to just sit up at bag end playing the lute and looking down at the party tree and Hobbiton, also the reflective surfaces of Thorins Hall.... *drools*