X-Box 360 Problems

Guest FWA-Owner

Guest FWA-Owner

Okay, i just bought the 360 [the Hardrive Combo Pack] eariler today, so I was playing a brand new game in it and the 360 starts to freeze on me...Now I am not sure what to do, so I guess it was the disk so I wipe it off...But 30 mins. later it does the same thing and I been on X-Box 360 support, but it really doesn't help so what should I do? And have any of you experince this problem?

Are you playing Smackdown vs Raw? Because i know a ton of people that have had the game freeze on them from time to time, Just re-set and keep going if you are.

Guest FWA-Owner

Okay, I don't get the red three rings of death so okay i'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens...Thanks.

EDIT: No, I was playing Madden 07.

Edited by FWA-Owner

I had this problem and within two weeks had the three lights of death after only having the thing for a month.

Now I have a problem where it will 1 in 5 times not recognize a DVD and 1 in 10 times not recognize a game. Xbox told me to put it in my own box, pay my own shipping and send it to them, apparently a problem of their new warranty program, you get to pay the 25 bucks for shipping to them plus the cost of a box and protection.

Guest FWA-Owner

When I first got I was getting the red ring, but I just didn't have the AV plug in all the way, but now its working fine...

Edited by FWA-Owner

Is it laid down flat / properly ventilated with room for the console to breathe?

When I first got mine it would freeze, but that was because in my 'new toy' haste, I just stuck it on top of the TV. This didn't work very well because the top of my TV is not flat, it gets quite warm and the console wasn't laid down flat meaning part of the console would touch the TV and the air vents etc were blocked.

Thus I assume it would overheat and crash.

Since I moved the 360 down into its permanent home on a shelf inside the TV cabinet, I haven't had a problem with it since in that regard.