CSI Season Finale!

OMG.

The miniature killer arc comes to a head, and a CSI is his next victim. Who do you guys think it'll be? I hope not Sarah. :( Be Greg or someone expendable.

Actor William Petersen who plays Gil Grissom on the TV series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has announced his intention to leave the show to pursue a career in theatre.

Petersen’s contract with CBS concluded with the end of the seventh season. Petersen has not signed a new contract saying, “I plan to go back to Chicago and do plays starting next year. I’ve been talking to (artistic director) Dennis Zacek at Victory Gardens Theatre, and we’re going to do a play as soon as we can get enough time to make it worth everyone’s while.”

As the most interesting character on the series by a long shot this should have a devastating effect on the show’s popularity. But it seems that even in TV land the show must go on. CBS is still planning on moving on with the eighth season of this immensely popular series.

Am I crazy or is the phrase, “Returning to a career in theater,” just a Hollywood eupehmism for “too drunk to work.”