Songs that fit...

Dingle

So I'm looking for a number of songs that a lot of people will know (mainstream) but are of a rock/indie genre. A little less of the indie preferably but stuff in the same vain as Bloc Party-Helicopter, Chilli's (Mainstream releases) and Lost Prophets.

Any help?

"Riot Radio" by The Dead 60's is a must.

"Ghostfaced Killer" would be awesome too, just to see how many people actually remember them (The Dead 60's)...and yell along "THE RETURN OF THE GHOST-FACED KILLAH!!!"

"Can't Stand Me Now" by The Libertines

"Up The Bracket" by The Libertines

"What Katie Did" by The Libertines

"Don't Look Back Into The Sun" by The Libertines

"Buck Rogers" by Feeder

"Feels Just Like It Should" by Jamiroquai...well anything by Jamiroquai..but it's 'rockier' than most

"This Charming Man" by The Smiths

"Blind Pilots" by The Cooper Temple Clause

They're my drunken sing-a-long songs of the moment.

Edited by YI

Some of the stuff from The strokes might be good like "Someday" and "What ever Happened"

It seems weird to consider the Strokes and The Libertines to be known by the majority of people but I shall see.

Cheers for the suggestions and ANY more would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so far.

Oh and YI, Buck Rogers is definitely getting added!!

And you've also got to bear in mind that there's songs that people know, yet don't particuarly know why. In my experience "Blind Pilots" and a lot of Libertines songs fall into that catagory.

I looked through there and only a select few would really fit. For example, Enter Shikara definitely don't fit and then there are the Muse albums which I won't really touch aside from Hysteria.

I forgot to note before, but this is intended for a playlist to be used at a party I've been asked to play at. So whilst I want to do stuff that fits with the band, I'm gonna try and incorporate other stuff too.

I prefer Enter Shakira. Because I'd like to.

Basically just steer around Libs, Killers, Kaisers, Coral, Strokes, White Stripes, Franz etc. Its the playlist I put on my iPod when I'm trying to be more radio-friendly to a large crowd. Or just generally summery, stick some Ash on there.

Radio 1's playlist isn't as bad as it used to be, at least you've got some Cribs and Pigeon Detectives on there, as well as the obvious Arctics, how would you define indie?

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's my topic, I feel like I can bump it >_>.

I kinda place Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Arctic Monkeys, Snow Patrol and Franz Ferdinand all in indie. And all stuff I wouldn't want to do, same for White Stripes. I mean, I don't mind doing friendly songs that people like, but I don't wanna do slow ass boring songs; Snow Patrol, or whacky songs; White Stripes.

I am a fan of songs that follow a vocal pattern very close to Cornells. I don't mind some Billy Talent stuff, or RHCP but most other stuff kinda falls into an unknown category that might not go over very well with a crowd.