Four Buffy/Angel TV movies planned?

tristy

Appearing on the Australian television show Rove Live, Buffy and Angel star James Marsters revealed he had been approached by Joss Whedon to star in at least one of four television movies set in the Buffyverse.

Marsters did not provide any detail on the movies other than that each would focus on one particular character, and that either all four would be made or none at all. As far as Marsters was aware, only he has comitted to the project so far.

We'd speculate that other prime candidates for movies of their own would be Willow and Giles, and perhaps Wesley, and that if all four movies were part of an all-or-nothing deal, perhaps this implies all four would tell smaller parts of a larger, overarching story?

Stay tuned to GEOS for further news on potential Buffy/Angel spin-offs!

Source: Rove Live

cross your fingers, Angel/Buffy fans. Although it's a bit depressing that Boreanaz thinks his film career is bigger than his TV career, when it's obviously not.

In two related stories, Boreanaz is said to be guesting/starring in the Fantastic Four movie. Could be a rumour. And, Crow: Wicked Prayer isn't opening on August 5th or 6th, like previously thought.

cross your fingers, Angel/Buffy fans. Although it's a bit depressing that Boreanaz thinks his film career is bigger than his TV career, when it's obviously not.

This would be so cool as long as we see some Angelus and, of course, that Andrew guy.

C'mon Tristy you're being too harsh; that Valentine movie was great - Boreanaz's movie career is huge...

:shifty:

I'll wait and judge Boreanaz's film career until Crow: Wicked Prayer comes out, since he's basically (one of) the main characters. This movie basically lays on his shoulders, since Edward Furlong = teh suck (except for in American History X).

But yeah, I don't want a Wesley movie. He died. :ohwell:

Maybe:

Buffy - could chronicle what's going on in Sunnydale during Power Play & Not Fade Away.

Giles - same as above

Spike - the aftermath of 'The Final Battle' against the Senior Partners. AKA aftermath of Not Fade Away.

Angel/Angelus (Hopefully) - Same as Spike.

so you get your dose of Angel & Buffy. I remember Lillah saying that there was a final battle approaching in Sunnydale and gave a file to Angel. I don't watch Buffy, so maybe chronicle that (or did it happen?).

Meh.

Could be good... If they have Xander, Buffy, Dawn on it I hope they die cause seriously they suck....

And Tristy... Spike got to Angel because Lilah gave Angel a amulette (sp) to take to Sunnydale (end of Angel season 4). Angel got to Sunnydale and gave it to Buffy before she asked him to go back to LA. Buffy gave the amulette to Spike who wore it while the hell mouth closed or whatever.... The amulette is a part of Wolfram and hart and whoever wears it become Wolfram and hart's property. (meant for Angel in case he didn't accept Lilah's offer). That's how Spike got to LA and became a ghost or whatever....

so is Sunnydale a crater or what?

Yeah, seeing the ending of Season Four of Angel then not watching Season Five fucked me up. Doesn't help that I don't watch Buffy, either.

Nicholas Brendon is in Rehab. *cries* Xander's my favourite character *coughusernamecough*

Dunno about the TV movies, the Giles one could be the Ripper spin-off. Alyson Hanningan's got Americana to do.

Spike, I don't think could hold a TV movie on his own. As Season Four of Buffy and Season Five of Angel showed. He's best being the annoying twit. That makes him so likable and funny. So he should be relegated to supporting character.

Andrew would be a good choice for another character. However, I doubt that SMG would be involved...hmm...Acker maybe for Illyria, since we only saw six (and two seconds) eps of her.

Tristy - Angel arrived to Sunnydale with an amulet from Wolfram and Hart for him to wear - but Buffy chose Spike and told Angel to make a second front, so that if the slayers lost, then Angel would take on the battle afterwards.

Buffy took the amulet to Spike (he had a soul as well) and it began to glow in the hellmouth when fighting the Turok-Hans. It then unleashed sunlight that destroyed all the uber-vamps and then destroyed him. It took the town with it.

HOWEVER, at the end of Conviction (Angel S5 opener), Angel got a letter with the amulet in it which had, not a ghost, but a spirtual form of Spike that was trapped in the amulet. It wasn't until Destiny when Lindsey made Spike corporeal, which sparked off a huge panic to who was the actual Shanshu Vampire.

Edited by Xand

since Edward Furlong = teh suck (except for in American History X).

I thought Eddie was great in Pecker. As far as this news goes. I heard it a few weeks ago, I just didn't realise there were that many Buffy/Angel fans to make it worth posting. I'm split, on one hand I want the series to continue for ever, but on the other hand pretty much everything that needed to be said about the characters has been and it had jumped the shark anyway.

I think everyone is alittle curious about wether or not Angel & Co. got slaughtered at the end of Not Fade Away.

but at the end of the day, they won't ever do anything to reveal what happen. It's the message that the episode has that's important.

Guest bruins72

This movie basically lays on his shoulders, since Edward Furlong = teh suck (except for in American History X).

That's because he's a junkie. That's why he wasn't offered his John Conner role for T3.