Nightclub Posters #2

Alright, time has come again to present you with some posters/flyers I'm working on for the club night I work on.

Firstly, the flyer. I'm pretty much 90% happy with this one already, and I'll probably end up using it for the poster as well, come to think of it;

http://i15.tinypic.com/4pjqtxf.jpg

And the poster, which I don't like. At all. The idea just didn't come across at all, and it looks horrible. The night is next Saturday, so it needs to be finished VERY quickly to get it printed, so I'm thinking of ditching it entirely unless I can salvage it tonight or tomorrow...so any advice on how it could look prettier would be handy, actually;

http://i15.tinypic.com/4tu1uzq.jpg

Feedback is much appreciated.

I can't imagine it being eyecatching as a poster at all, to be honest. It looks a bit flat...I can't really explain why, but it just doesn't look special to me. It's probably the pure black background, there's a lot of empty space on there, and the photo being so dark doesn't help.

Yeah, the first one would work a lot better. The second one, you're right, wouldn't be eyecatching enough because of it being so dark. If it was lightened up a bit more, it might be better, but in general, I don't see it as very eyecatching either, so my advice would be to go with the first one. But you may want to look into using similar colors for the picture and the text, play around with the color of the pic a bit, etc.