The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

I'm currently doing a vanilla Legacy challenge up to 10 generations...and god is it easy with University.

I'm on generation #3 and I've got nearly $200k in the bank. I'd have more, but the ghost of the first generation came back and scared his own son to death (serious!), and then proceeded to try to scare his own grandson to death...would've succeeded if not for the first son's wife being there to make the save.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to do Veronaville. I'll quickly grow bored of Pleasantview and having to deal with the same situations all the time, Strangetown I've played a few times and just doesn't grab me as a playable place.

But I guess with this big inter-family feud with Veronaville, the fact I'm new to it and my cynical and twisted sense of humour is just a recipe for fun fun fun. :)

Best thing about Veronaville is that besides the big two houses on the east and west sides and the Summerdreams in the center I never feel even remotely guilty for killing off the additional 'cast' because their stories are shit and they are all shit <_ i actually made a full blown shakespeare themed veronaville before deleted my old games it was pretty badass if do say s myself.>

Edited by Holiday Armadillo

Ha! My brother just built a fire-cell for someone (basically a 2x3 building with no door, a fridge, and a stove). As he and the room are going up in flames, his want list changes to include buying a fire-alarm...

He then made the most horrendous freaks you could imagine, and burned them too, just for the graves...

So I decided to take very different routes now I've re-loaded the game The Burbs moved in and promptly I made John get into an affair with Brandi Broke (they had extreme sparks and they both wanted 6 kids married off, so I figured why not make the Burb individuals interesting and give Brandi a little help), his wife Jennifer is now lodging with the Oldies (an excuse to keep their money after they're gone really) and is involved in a lesbian relationship with Kaylynn Langerak the maid who has been turned off of men by the double cheaters of Don Lothario and Daniel Pleasant.

Don Lothario will be having a child with an unknown individual but won't know of the child until his older years, the child will then take after his/her father when they're re-united. Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat are getting it on in a cat lover/dog lover scenario (basically just me letting Porthos annoy the cats).

The Pleasants managed to thick it through Daniel's affair and are now enjoying revitalised life (an excuse to use the life potion), they're currently in the midst of amassing a fortune so they can move into the several story house so I haven't given them any other plots.

The Travellers are spending a lot of time vacations (shocking I know) and spend most of their time within the nighbourhood slacking off, I'm having them make money by building the skills like the 'rapping', playing an instrument in public and the such.

The Caliente sisters moved in with the Goths, Dina married Mortimer but Alexander dislikes them both, after Mortimer dies I'm moving Cassandra (née Goth) and Darren Dreamer back into the house pretending that Mortimer left it to his beloved daughter in his will, the Caliente sisters will probably get their old house when they move and will, for all intents and purposes, probably end up dying alone, although one of them will probably birth Don's heir in order to keep the line/genetics going.

All the original teens are now off at college enjoying life and trying to get along and/or destroy each other.

EDIT: For some reason Wants and Fears on one of the characters isn't coming up, any idea how to fix it?

Is it just a blank box? I sometimes get that, just reappears sometimes when I come back to the game.

How do you play sooo much >_<

Also I only have Open For Business and Nightlife. Can someone recommend what other expansion packs I should get, I don't want to spend too much though.

Go!

Get seasons, it adds the most fun and allows you to get around more, I'll play one family until Winter/Summer and then do the rest of the town and college. I find it becomes most fun when you cause everybody to actually become a community, be more than happy to split people up, form alliances and enemies and have people react negatively when someone does something reprehensible. Plus, the more friends you have the easier it is to climb the career ladder :)

It adds a penguin ^_^

To be fair, I play so much because I have all the expansion packs (none of the stuff packs), Open For Business is the biggest waste of time out of all of them, avoid it like the plague, any of the others are fun but Seasons adds the best content and most fun and sensible stuff.

Yeah OFB is more like a game on it's own. Too much too do, but I'm sure it adds some useful things as well that I would realise if I didn't have it installed.

After Seasons do your recommend getting University? I 'had' it, but not on disc but not anymore and it was quite fun, could make it a bit more interesting for that between teenager and adulthood period.

I started the Larson family, I like moving them in but they're a bit dull. Not sure what to do with them.

Someone give me some decent storyline arcs to throw into the game with the families. Think of it like a Soap. The Goths and Pleasants are probably the main characters with the others as sort of the supporting cast.

Sims 2 expansion packs in order of awesomeness

Seasons (PLANT PEOPLE AND PENGUINS N STUFF!) > University (LOADS OF NEW CAREER STUFF AND FUN STUFF) > Bon Voyage (NINJAS!) > Pets (WEREWOLVES AND KITTIES AND DOGGIES!) > Nightlife (VAMPIRES!) > Open For Business (KINDA SUCKS! KINDA REALLY SUCKS! 'CEPT THE ROBOTS)

Freetime is upcoming in February.

Well do the Pleasants find out about Daniels affair? Does Dina marry Mortimer? Who dies? What happens to little Lucy Burb? Do the Oldies die catastrophically in the first day? What happens with the Larson's and Geike?

Basically, give me a few ideas on stuff I can do with the characters and I'll work them into my game. I'm unimaginative and try to make it all so perfect. Whereas you're all twisted and can probably come up with something a bitter better than I can.

My suggestion is to kill off two people at the very start, your least favourite characters (but make sure someone moves in to take their stuff if it means ending them), then have a rivalry develop between two people over who they think 'murdered' them, let the ripples swell from there, never let a family settle, if they're getting into a monotonous rythym and they're not making much money or happiness from that rythym, then shake it up, fuck them over and try and get them into a new status quo, no-one should ever be resting on their laurels except the child stage and under :)

I usually make Dina marry Mortimer just to make sure someone gets his fortune in the short term until Alexander comes back from college, either that or have Darren Dreamer move in after the Lothario marriage falls through.

What do people think of 'cheating' in the game? Personally I don't mind occasionally bumping up someones relationship with someone if I want them to get together. Since I think the whole talk/joke/talk/joke/talk/admire/talk/joke routine of trying to get to know someone is a bit tedious.

So basically what your saying is something interesting should always be happening with adults? Like some sort of fiasco they're caught up in?

Yeah pretty much, much like EWR, use your imagination, someone dies of unnatural causes then pretend it's a murder, play up to peoples depression, have people ignore children and have them taken away etc.

I don't mind cheating if it's for a good purpose, cheating for the sake of cheating I never do, especially money cheats, you can't do that in real life so I don't let them do that (this in a world of vampires, zombies, plant people etc :shifty:) but if it makes your game more enjoyable then cheat away, at the end of the day, you're playing for fun.

My only cheats are to change relationships, or give them a bit of a boost to begin with. Since I think they're pretty unnatural at the minute the way they work.

Also I done one money cheat, but that's because I built the house for my created family to live in so they needed to be able to afford that. Other than that, I'd say that's all I'm doing.

I can go up to someone I've met 5 minutes ago and hug them and no one cares, I don't need to talk/joke/talk/joke/talk to get there. Only for important relationships too, if I'm planning a romance between them. Lets face it, in an affair, a woman will fall into Don's arms in a minute. He doesn't need to bother with the build up >_:)

Edited by IAceI