Unofficial Graphics Competition

Rules

Size: 550 (wide) x 700 (high)

Theme: Free design.

Restrictions: No people/animals/buildings OR TEXT (etc) must be present. The focus is on colour and shapes, and a minimum of four colours must be present on the piece.

Deadline: 9th July (two weeks from today).

Hopefully everyone like these rules, or at least doesn't dislike them. I'm looking forward to seeing what people can come up with. I plan on taking part too, so won't be a judge. I shall find three judges closer to the time.

Thoughts?

I like it, I will edit this post when I get home to my laptop...one question...is this like the unofficial June EWB graphics contest?

Edited by Ice

I'll try for something Tom, that actually looks pretty damn nice.

Haven't done something abstract in ages.

I used to be half way good at this, I'll take a pop, but I'm 90% certain it'll be shite. I'll come 3rd at least :shifty:

shitenk3.jpg

I suck these days <_ i thought it was alright until added the last colour down sides.>

Edited by - Matt -

Supernova.jpg

"Supernova"

My colors are: Maroon, Orange, Yellow, and Light Brown (As well as different tones of the colors)

The image looks a bit 'dusty' because I had to re-size the graphic, which I'd originally designed with dimensions of 600Wx500H. Did my best to touch up a good portion of it at least, so I hope it still looks good.

I hope it's okay that I used similar colors, Thomas, 'cause when I got going on this I wanted to keep a certain theme about it, and I figured heavily clashing colors might disrupt that.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

heres mine... bored at work... seems to be a bit of a trend with anything i post here

entrysq0.jpg

lol i didnt read them i just saw the 4 colour thing no words or people etc... did u want me to resize?

Might be for the best, nufan. I forgot about the size restriction too when I finished mine, so before posting it I resized it. If it comes out blurred/pixelated, the best you can do (bar re-designing it) is to try and touch up the graphic in the areas where the image degregation is the worst.

That's essentially what I did... doesn't seem to have turned out quite that bad, either. I'm certain you should be able to do the same.

yeah i tried re-sizing but it makes it look really bad