Reggie...NO!

YI

Reggie and The Full Effect have split up. :( Quite how a one man band can 'split up' I'm not sure, but they have. :shifty: With no Atom & His Package or Reggie, where am I going to get my silly, fun, quirky synth stuff? :(

HOLY FUCK!!! HOT CROSS HAVE BROKEN UP AS WELL!!! SHHIIIIIIIIT!!! "Risk Revival" was fucking harsh, the best album of their career. This sucks. :( Is there any good screamo bands that are, you know, still together? Circle Takes The Square...so there's at least 1.

This year has been pretty shitty for break-ups; Cooper Temple Clause, Break The Silence, Good Riddance (Though I haven't overly enjoyed a full album since "Operation Phoenix"), Aerogramme, Park, Larrikin Love, None More Black, Satanic Surfers, and now Hot Cross and Reggie And The Full Effect.

This really fucking sucks. :( Reggie had an album pencilled for release this year too.

Edited by YI

Cooper Temple Clause had one good song. The rest was just standard dirge, IMO. So many better similar bands out there. The NME Love In put me off Larrikin Love more than a little, so it led to me not giving them a proper try.

I thought Cooper Temple Clause were fairly unique in style. Especially the earlier two albums. Yeah the singles were straight up rock ("Promises Promises", "Blind Pilots"), but the albums were VERY progressive for a 'mainstream' rock band. Especially for the time they were at the height of their popularity. There's just so much variety on their records. And whilst the third album was far less progressive, it was full of so many great melodies, I couldn't help but absolutely adore it.

They're a band I'd consider one of the best British bands for a long time.

I'd also agree with what someone once said here, that they're pretty responsible for the whole New Rave-indie movement thing...or whatever. :shifty: Whether that's good or bad, I haven't decided.

Edited by YI

And Larrikin Love were the sex. So much going on in that album...seriously you've got straight indie, folk infleunces, ska influences, bluegrass influences, it's definately got a lot more to it than your average indie albums released. Sometimes it can be a little over indulgent, but yeah, I can live with that.

Edited by YI

Shit. Reggie was awesome. Every album, while completely unique in their own right, had its charm, and it's a shame to hear we're not gonna get another one. But hey, 4 for 4 is pretty solid, so at least it won't have been a side-project that overstayed its welcome. Maybe he'll get bored after a while and come back.

My favourite is definately "...When The Battle Begun". Less 'obviously' catchy and less 'ska' than previous albums. Fairly progressive. Just straight up badass. An incredibly talented band. Can't wait to see them live.

Edited by YI