Fallout 3

TFA

I still agree with whoever it was ages ago.

If you set it in a totally different place, with a totally different story, with totally different characters, base it on a totally different game engine, change just about every game mechanic, surely you also have to change the name?

From what I hear, the combat is still based upon action points just like in the original games. How this fits in to the game, I have no freakin' clue.

I'm not bothered by the weapon degradation thing, as long as it means you have to repair or clean your weapon every once in a while. Even an AK-47 can break down from wear and tear, it just takes a lot to do it (maybe a nuclear war?).

And just because things changes, it does not mean this won't be Fall Out. Remember, war never changes.

Obviously you know nothing about an AK-47. On the greatest weapons list of all time, it came 2nd. (Behind only "You", as it was felt that martial arts made most other weapons obsolete. Agree or disagree, the Ak-47 was still voted as the best actual weapon that can be built in a factory) In order to test it, it was buried under six feet of dirt and then pulled out, and it still fired. They then threw it into a 2 foot deep puddle of mud, and it still fired. Then they ran over it with a jeep, and it still fired. What could you possibly do to an AK-47 that can compare to that? That's intense, intentional damage. Outside of shooting the weapon or loading it with gasoline instead of bullets, how could you damage an AK-47 worse then that?

You haven't read up on it as much as I have, I can probably assume. The combat is real time, but it has Max Payne style bullet time, where you freeze time in order to make targeted attacks. How many actions you can make inside this mode depends on your action points. This system really smacks, to me, of placation, as does much of what they've done. They're trying to say "Don't worry! If you don't like real time, you can hit pause!" The truth is, it's not turn based, and that's a big step away from the games. Every one of the games that had any success, FO 1, FO 2, even Tactics, had turn based combat. The one unanimously loathed game that lost massive amounts of money also happened to be the one with only real time combat.

By the way, Fallout is one word. You fail the intelligence roll, and can no longer pursue this diolog branch.

Edited by SeanDMan

Obviously you know nothing about an AK-47. On the greatest weapons list of all time, it came 2nd. (Behind only "You", as it was felt that martial arts made most other weapons obsolete. Agree or disagree, the Ak-47 was still voted as the best actual weapon that can be built in a factory) In order to test it, it was buried under six feet of dirt and then pulled out, and it still fired. They then threw it into a 2 foot deep puddle of mud, and it still fired. Then they ran over it with a jeep, and it still fired. What could you possibly do to an AK-47 that can compare to that? That's intense, intentional damage. Outside of shooting the weapon or loading it with gasoline instead of bullets, how could you damage an AK-47 worse then that?

You haven't read up on it as much as I have, I can probably assume. The combat is real time, but it has Max Payne style bullet time, where you freeze time in order to make targeted attacks. How many actions you can make inside this mode depends on your action points. This system really smacks, to me, of placation, as does much of what they've done. They're trying to say "Don't worry! If you don't like real time, you can hit pause!" The truth is, it's not turn based, and that's a big step away from the games. Every one of the games that had any success, FO 1, FO 2, even Tactics, had turn based combat. The one unanimously loathed game that lost massive amounts of money also happened to be the one with only real time combat.

By the way, Fallout is one word. You fail the intelligence roll, and can no longer pursue this diolog branch.

lol, find pictures where you don't need to register.

Like, say, this one. http://nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2335

This picture, also, is just classic. Todd Howard is all like "Yo we got fucking bloom bitch" and Morgan Webb is all like "Damn your breath stinks like bullshit".

http://nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2380

Edited by SeanDMan

lol, find pictures where you don't need to register.

Like, say, this one. http://nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2335

This picture, also, is just classic. Todd Howard is all like "Yo we got fucking bloom bitch" and Morgan Webb is all like "Damn your breath stinks like bullshit".

http://nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=2380

STALKER. STALKER actually did good numbers and a "sequel" is being worked on.

Edit: Also, I'm an idiot, please disregard my insane ramblings.

Edited by SeanDMan

• 2 weeks later...