Towers of London

Thrilla

So, after seeing the lead singer or whatever the fuck he is on Nevermind The Buzzcocks, I decided to check out some of the Towers of London stuff. 'Kill the pop scene' is pretty good, 'I'm a rat' and 'Fuck it up' are good too. Anybody else heard there stuff? Thoughts?

Kill the pop scene - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pG7BSOiYBtM

Edited by NBTully Blanchard

I don't think he comes across as a cunt because of a "rock and roll attitude", I think he comes across as a cunt for making a concerted effort to come across as a cunt. It's obvious from his music that he's trying to emulate Johnny Rotten, but seeing him do the Lie Detector Test on The Culture Show a while back, it was apparent that he tries to emulate Lydon's interview style too, but he just doesn't have Lydon's wit or intelligence to back it up, so he just comes across as sarcastic and obnoxious.

Musically, they're nothing special, but that's not really the point, they are what they are, they're basically just a pub-rock punk band, and they're a good laugh live. It baffles me that they've achieved the success they have, when there are so many identikit bands just like them, and have been for twenty-odd years, but that's just the way it goes, really.

Towers of London are awesome, they were my most anticipated band at Reading 06, and despite them being the first band on they were still awesome. That was when their album had just come out, so all the songs were really fresh and brilliant. Air Guitar and How Rude She Was are my favourite songs.