Upcoming PS3 Titles

thuganomic

Me and my girlfriend are picking one up sometime this week.

The future looks to bright for us. We're getting Resistance (Insomniac is great).

But as for the future, Lair looks good, along with Heavenly Sword. Ratchet & Clank is bound to be awesome, along with Uncharted. And of course the plethora of multi-platform titles (Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Mercenaries 2, etc.)

Then there's Metal Gear Solid 4 next year and of course LittleBigPlanet. Infamous looks grand too, plus there's of course Final Fantasy XIII. God of War III is bound to show up sometime too, and the idea of a new Kingdom Hearts is too much to give up.

Here is what I am looking forward to/want to try out:

Warhawk (multiplayer only: online, 4 player offline and a neat feature of 4 players on one ps3 playing online together)

Madden 08

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 (demo was good might buy or rent)

Lair

NHL 08

Heavenly Sword

Stranglehold (rent or buy the collectors edition)

Call of Duty 4 (probably just rent as I haven't been a fan of the series)

Unreal Tournament 3 (good online multiplayer)

Kane and Lynch (has co-op)

Haze (co-op and 4 player co-op online, creators of timesplitters)

Assassin's Creed

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Army of Two (co-op)

Hot Shots Golf 5 (coming out in october apparently... japan is crazy about this game)

I think most if not all of these are coming out this year. I will personally be getting Warhawk, Madden 08, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Haze and NHL 08 on the days they come out.

Geez. Warhawk looks nasty, and it has the multiplayer online player that Resistance lacks, so I think I'll definitely be picking that up. I'll be looking down that list. Thanks, CKN.

Also, with NBA Live just announcing international rosters, maybe this is the year I ditch 2k8 and go back to Live, seeing as 2k is pissing me off with their lack of any updates regarding the game.

Geez. Warhawk looks nasty, and it has the multiplayer online player that Resistance lacks, so I think I'll definitely be picking that up. I'll be looking down that list. Thanks, CKN.

Also, with NBA Live just announcing international rosters, maybe this is the year I ditch 2k8 and go back to Live, seeing as 2k is pissing me off with their lack of any updates regarding the game.

Also about warhawk it is $40 US if you download it from PS Store or $60 on blu-ray (which comes with a wi-fi headset and a bunch of extra videos and stuff on the disc)

Ratchet & Clank akin to Banjo Kazooie? Um, no. Aside from having platform elements they're almost nothing alike.

Ratchet & Clank are more like souped up spiritual successors to the 2D Mega Man games. Just with more exploding and humour.

It's a great series, you should try them out if you haven't.

The new one is the primary reason I was leaning toward wanting a PS3. I love me some Ratchet. Clank needs his own spin off puzzle game on the PSP. Like how Daxter got his own game.