Great news, music has returned!

Ash J. Williams

News from www.Streetlightmanifesto.com straight from Tomas Kalnoky:

August 13, 2007

We're baaaack... So, where do we begin...

A) New Record... OFFICIALLY DONE AND FINISHED AND WRAPPED!

B) New Record title... To be announced right here, this very month!

C) New Record song samples, to be posted here, this very month!

D) New Record release date, to be posted here, this very month!

E) First official Streetlight music video, more info soon, right here

F) Upcoming headline tour plans to be announced here in the next few weeks

G) Overseas tours to be announced by late September, including previously uncharted (by SM) continents..!

H) Please welcome our new web designer guy, Logan. Full website coming soon!

I) am out of things to list

J) K

K) Ok, really now.

L) Not sure if the mailing list is working yet, you may have to re-enlist in a few days...

M) Reminder, if you want to see us and/or AAA on the current RBF/LTJ tour, please show up a half hour before the time printed on your ticket... otherwise you may/will miss our sets and then be angry. Don't be angry. And that is all.

------------------------------

To me, this is the best music news of the year.

For those that don't know, Tomas Kalnoky used to be the singer/guitarist/songwriter for Catch-22 and wrote all of Catch-22's first CD "Keasbey Nights", and left after recording it. Check out Streetlight Manifesto even if you don't like ska, it's some of the best songwriting I've ever heard.

If this album ends up being half as good as people expect it to be, I'll be extremely happy. At this point though, there's been so much other stuff going on in music that waiting for the new Streetlight album has become incredibly tiresome.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I knew this was pencilled in for this summer. They've had a hell of a lot of setbacks, mostly to do with equipment being stolen and the like.

WHOO!!!! STREETLIGHT!!!

It's weird that "Keasbey Nights" is possibly my favourite two ska albums of all time, with the Streetlight vetrsion edging ahead.

Edited by YI

Listen, Hear

August 31 2007

Snippets of new SM songs!

number one

number two

number three

More to come periodically in the weeks leading up to the album's release...

Due to unforseen circumstances, we cannot announce the precise release date of the album just yet (we're hoping next week..?), but we can say this: We begin our headline US tour on Nov 7th. Surely it would make no sense to play songs that no one has ever heard...

Also, to everyone that came out this summer to see us, AAA, RBF and LTJ, thanks so much for the support. It was truly a great tour, all around, and we are grateful to have been a part of it. Special thanks goes out to anyone who came out to a headline SM show in between the summer tour dates. The LTJ/RBF/SM lineup will be reuniting somewhere on the planet for a tour before year's end. Think "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife." We will give details as soon as we're allowed to.

Stay tuned also for details and show announcments for our winter headliner, as well as more song snippets, a proper and definitive release date, a whole new site, and a few surprises...

...Good god, yes. It's finally happening. The song snippets aren't much at all...3 separate songs, 11-12 seconds each...but if you're a die-hard SM fan like me...it's gold, haha.