Video Game Sports Trades

Guest starsaligned916

Guest starsaligned916

Figured since most sports game players love to play GM, what are some of your memorable trades made in video games? Whether it's Madden or OOTP, share it.

I just made my first trade in a brand new OOTP 2007 game:

Boston receives CL Joe Nathan, OF Torri Hunter, OF prospect

Minnesota receives OF Coco Crisp, OF JD Drew

No brainer, really.

OOTP historic league:

DET acquires, rookie P Walter 'Big Train' Johnson for CF Sam Crawford & P Ed Siever

16 seasons later at the age of 35, Walter has won 11 "Cy Youngs", 7 World Series rings, a ROY, and is 457-179 with a 2.42 ERA, 3,696 K's, 539 CG and 64 SHO. Johnson's best season he went a ridiculous 41-4 with 20 straight wins, posted a 1.92 ERA, pitched 402.1 innings, threw 40 CG in 45 starts and had 4 SHO while striking out 232 and only walking 31 which works out to about 1 walk ever 13 IP.

Crawford played for a whopping 59 DAYS with the Sens before spending the last 7 1/2 years of his career with the NY Yankees franchise. He hit over .300 for 6 of those years but had very little pop or speed.

Siever went 25-16 with 1 save in 3 years with Washington before retiring.

Guest starsaligned916

OOTP historic league:

DET acquires, rookie P Walter 'Big Train' Johnson for CF Sam Crawford & P Ed Siever

16 seasons later at the age of 35, Walter has won 11 "Cy Youngs", 7 World Series rings, a ROY, and is 457-179 with a 2.42 ERA, 3,696 K's, 539 CG and 64 SHO. Johnson's best season he went a ridiculous 41-4 with 20 straight wins, posted a 1.92 ERA, pitched 402.1 innings, threw 40 CG in 45 starts and had 4 SHO while striking out 232 and only walking 31 which works out to about 1 walk ever 13 IP.

Crawford played for a whopping 59 DAYS with the Sens before spending the last 7 1/2 years of his career with the NY Yankees franchise. He hit over .300 for 6 of those years but had very little pop or speed.

Siever went 25-16 with 1 save in 3 years with Washington before retiring.

Getting Chris Drury for nothing and only having to pay half of his salaries because he was placed on re-entry waivers by Buffalo in Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 was pretty good.

Wow, that is lucky! I got Jason Smith and Robbie Shremp for a few draft picks from the Oilers.

I'm also jealous because you (assuming you do anyways) have the full game and I am too cheap to buy it.

Figured since most sports game players love to play GM, what are some of your memorable trades made in video games? Whether it's Madden or OOTP, share it.

I just made my first trade in a brand new OOTP 2007 game:

Boston receives CL Joe Nathan, OF Torri Hunter, OF prospect

Minnesota receives OF Coco Crisp, OF JD Drew

No brainer, really.

Getting Chris Drury for nothing and only having to pay half of his salaries because he was placed on re-entry waivers by Buffalo in Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 was pretty good.

Wow, that is lucky! I got Jason Smith and Robbie Shremp for a few draft picks from the Oilers.

I'm also jealous because you (assuming you do anyways) have the full game and I am too cheap to buy it.

Before I reached the six month mark, I had the best defensive lines.

Kubina-Kaberle

Redden-Brewer

Eminger-Smith

I also managed to pick up Dustin Penner from the Ducks, and he is currently sitting on my second line.

Tempting to buy....but the $40 is a bit high.

Guest starsaligned916

Started a dynasty with the Yankees and was looking to explode the team and really lower payroll, etc. Bunch of trades here.

The New York (A) Yankees traded 31-year old third baseman A. Rodriguez and 27-year old starting pitcher C. Wang to the Arizona Diamondbacks, getting 27-year old starting pitcher B. Webb and 26-year old third baseman C. Tracy in return.

The New York (A) Yankees traded 35-year old first baseman J. Giambi and 20-year old catcher F. Cervelli to the New York (N) Mets, getting 29-year old center fielder C. Beltran in return.

The New York (A) Yankees traded 33-year old center fielder J. Damon, 21-year old starting pitcher P. Hughes and 22-year old first baseman E. Duncan to the Seattle Mariners, getting 20-year old starting pitcher F. Hernandez and 32-year old first baseman R. Sexson in return.

The New York (A) Yankees traded 34-year old starting pitcher A. Pettitte and 23-year old left fielder B. Sardinha to the Chicago (A) White Sox, getting 30-year old first baseman P. Konerko in return.

Players lost: A-Rod, Wang, Giambi, Cervelli, Damon, Hughes, Duncan, Pettitte, Sardinha

Players gained: Webb, Tracy, Beltran, King Felix, Sexson, Konerko

Lineup: Jeter, Cano, Beltran, Konerko, Sexson (DH), Abreu, Matsui, Tracy, Posada

Rotation: Webb, Hernandez, Mussina, Igawa, Pavano (Clemens returns in May)

Payroll: $195M

Budget: $245M

In Madden 2004, I started a Cardinals franchise, and traded Adrian Wilson, and a first round pick for Clinton Portis.

Not really memorable because it wasn't a realistic move, but what made it memorable is what happened afterwards.

On his first carry of the first preseason game Clinton Portis suffered a career ending injury.

I guess it served me right.

(I think I also told this story on EWB before :shifty: )

Still my most memorable Madden experience.

This is not a trade, but I was bored and did a fantasy draft to start a franchise in Madden '08 to my suprise of how bad the AI is at drafting for 31 teams. I got a stacked team with id say an average age of 25. The team would never need another player for 5 years. So it's close to the topic and thought I would share it.

QB's: Vince Young & JaMarcus Russell

RB's: Reggie Bush, Vernand Morency & Brandon Jackson

WR's: Lee Evans, Roy Williams, Donte Stallworth & Devin Hester

TE's: Kellen Winslow & Owen Daniels

OL: D'Brickashaw Ferguson & no name mid/low 80's rated rookies

DL: Amobi Okoye & Cullen Jenkins

LB's: LaVar Arrington & Patrick Willis

DB's: Dunta Robinson (97 speed), Tye Hill (98 speed), Justin Miller, Damien Hughes, Brandon Merriweather & Antoine Bethea

In Madden 2004, I started a Cardinals franchise, and traded Adrian Wilson, and a first round pick for Clinton Portis.

Not really memorable because it wasn't a realistic move, but what made it memorable is what happened afterwards.

On his first carry of the first preseason game Clinton Portis suffered a career ending injury.

I guess it served me right.

(I think I also told this story on EWB before :shifty: )

Still my most memorable Madden experience.

Baseball Mogul 2008

I started playing as the Brewers with the latest update to the rosters(which was at the trade deadline).

Traded Chris Capuano(expiring contract and sub-par season) and Jeff Suppan(horrible season and was going to make 9.75 million for four more years) alongside a cheap SS prospect(which peak was like 73) to the Yankees for Phil Hughes and two other starting prospects(whose peaks where 86 and 90). This was a super deal for me because not only I dumped the HUGE salary of one Jeff Suppan, but got rid of an expiring contract(that more than likely I could not resign) and got a ton of potential future starters in return.

Traded Francisco Cordero and Brian Shouse to Colorado for Brian Fuentes and Jeff Francis. HUGE steal again. Cordero was another expiring contract and playing badly and I got Fuentes to take his place as CL for 4 more years. Plus I added Francis to my starting rotation to make up for the loss of Capuano, who is a lefty too. In the end, Suppan is 5-1 2.93 ERA since joining my team one moth ago.

Traded Johnny Estrada to the Phillies for Carlos Ruiz. No brainer, Estrada is another expiring contract, Ruiz is a prospect making minimum salary until 2009. Ruiz has been hitting .302 against righties and a whooping .427 against lefties and has 4 HR's and 35 RBI's in his first 60 games with the team.

Other deals include Scott Linebrink to San Diego for Heath Bell and Derrick Turnbow to Houston for Chad Qualls.

At the end of the day I am in first place, making money!! Like $10 million dollars at the end of the season. Good, since at the end of the very next year(2008) the core of the team(Prince Fielder, JJ Hardy, Cory Hart etc) will be eligible for salary arbitration and I need to lock up a couple of those guys if I want to keep winning.

Final Roster:

3B Craig Counsell or Tony Graffanino

SS J.J. Hardy

LF Geoff Jenkins

1B Prince Fielder

RF Cory Hart

CF Bill Hall

2B Rickie Weeks

C Carlos Ruiz

SP Ben Sheets

SP Dave Bush

SP Jeff Francis