Tiger Woods 08

ACCBiggz

I just picked this up tonight, wondering who else either is going to get it or has it. I'm checking everything out and created my guy... boy does he suck right now. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, *rimshot*, as I haven't had a console in years and haven't played Tiger in a long time either.

I do love the way it looks on the 360 though.

I just picked this up tonight, wondering who else either is going to get it or has it. I'm checking everything out and created my guy... boy does he suck right now. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, *rimshot*, as I haven't had a console in years and haven't played Tiger in a long time either.

I do love the way it looks on the 360 though.

I haven't played it yet, but I do plan on getting it. I love the Tiger Woods games, way more interesting than watching golf, and easier than playing golf. :P I read something about being able to put your face on the characters, have you tried that?

I don't have the 360 hooked up to the net and if I did I wouldn't know how to set it up to retrieve a photo of myself, and the only other way is the XBox Live Vision camera which I almost got tonight, but I decided to get a subscription to XBox Live which I can't use until I go back to college.

Eventually I will test it out.

They changed putting with the addition of the putt preview, which is sort of like Tiger Vision although not that detailed so you won't make it every time, and it is helpful. You are only allowed to view it once though so take your time with it. My character is really inconsistent right now especially with driving. I did however drain a nice 39 footer that broke to the right.

I am going to pick it up on the Wii soon.
Edited by ACCBiggz

What have been the freezing bugs, haven't faced those yet. As for the swing stick, it's been fine for me too. It's not overly sensitive but it makes it more challenging and fairly decent. Right now my guy is just on the 10% skill level and inconsistent while playing. I can not beat the guy in match play during the first Tiger Challenges. I'm trying to get money to buy better clubs so that I can get better stats throughout the season, once I start progressing it won't be that bad. My drives are short and some of the putts mess me up when they break while going downhill.

I will probably get it for the PS3 when I have it.

One question, have they got rid of the annoying glitch where if you fell far behind but managed to avoid the cut, the next round will see every golfer ahead of you drop several shots to give you a chance of winning? It may have been just a PS2 one, but thought I'd ask.

I can not beat Villegas. I turned the difficulty down just so I could get past it... he got tougher. He hasn't missed a drive, he's chipped in from the sand, and he's draining long putts now. I was doing 10 times better on the harder difficulty.

Edited by ACCBiggz

off of the EA Website:

Tiger Challenge Stalling Issue Workaround on XBOX 360

If you've experienced any issues getting through the Henrietta Brockway Tiger Challenge Event at Carnoustie on XBOX 360; a permanent 360 update is on it's way. In the meantime, we wanted to communicate a simple workaround to bypass this issue:

To clear your cache, load the game from the XBOX 360 dashboard. When you hit the "A" button to load the game, hold that button down until the EA SPORTS medallion logo appears in the intro video.

The permanent 360 downloadable update to eliminate this issue will be available soon.

Please check back for updates.

I'm gonna pick this up sometime in the next week or two, or at least get it for my birthday at the end of this month. There have been some issues with online stuff for all of the ea sports games that have been released this summer, this one is included. The main photo feature or whatever isn't working correctly because the EA site that you use is down.

I played the demo and thoroughly enjoyed this, I'm kinda pumped for it...but I can manage a wait. I've got Madden and NCAA to entertain me anyways.

I don't have the 360 hooked up to the net and if I did I wouldn't know how to set it up to retrieve a photo of myself, and the only other way is the XBox Live Vision camera which I almost got tonight, but I decided to get a subscription to XBox Live which I can't use until I go back to college.

Eventually I will test it out.

They changed putting with the addition of the putt preview, which is sort of like Tiger Vision although not that detailed so you won't make it every time, and it is helpful. You are only allowed to view it once though so take your time with it. My character is really inconsistent right now especially with driving. I did however drain a nice 39 footer that broke to the right.

I am going to pick it up on the Wii soon.

I'd be curious to play it on the Wii, but my brother has not yet bought another game for his since he has had it. He just continues to play bowling off of Wii Sports.

You kidding me? That was shit (on 05 at least) it always left you about 10cm away from the hole, you had to come a touch inside to get it in, and even then it was inconsistent. I was better without TV.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for bumping this, but is there any way of having two profiles use the created characters (with gameface) when only the main profile is hooked up through Xbox Live? I remember hearing it was possible. But every time I try, both characters are under my profile. GRRR!