Saw Scroobius Pip Last Night

K

I know I say this a lot, but this time it's true.

It was the best gig I've ever been to.

It was so much fun.

Gig opens up with a compare, singer sognwriter bloke on an electric guitar. Hilarious, it was awesome. He does one song and introduces the first band, I Shouted Gun. They're a punky trio. Pretty awesome. A couple of songs in, Scroobius Pip joins them on stage for a few songs, it was mental. Scroob leaves, Gun keep going. All of a sudden these two black dudes who had been dancing in the crowd jump on the stage. Turns out they were a couple of poets/rappers (Poetry Inbetween People) who had remixed an I Shouted Gun song, so they joined them on stage for a cool rap/punk/rock thing awesome.

Compare comes on, another song. Awesome. Introduces the Anomolies. Holy shit. They were awesome. It was like watching the Beastie Boys. Seriously. They were fucking awesome. Live drums, live bass, two awesome beastie style rappers, a rocking DJ, and this chick who was sexy as all hell on soul type vocals. Rocked the shit.

Compare comes on, another song. Cover of an Outkast song. Awesome. Introduces Dan Le Sac and the Scroobius one.

Monster set. Amazing.

Anomolies do some vocals, The two black dudes are back. It rocked. They did some old stuff, so new stuff, some covers. (Public Enemy :o)

Scroobius Pip is everything I like about music.

I'm not sure how far through the current tour they are, but if there's a date near you, go.

It's like six quid, and all the acts were amazing.

Yeah they did Thou Shalt Always, with a hip hop karaoke breakdown at the end. Rocking.

• 2 weeks later...