6 Degrees of Band Creation

Benji

Hmm...

On bass and backing vox, Melissa Auf der Maur,

Who played, albeit briefly, with Radio Sloan (backing guitars) in The Chelsea,

Who played on Peaches' album The Teaches of Peaches, which also featured vocalist Leslie Feist,

Who is in Broken Social Scene with Brendan Canning (second bass),

Who has worked on BSS songs with Murray Lightburn (guitars),

Who is in The Dears with our drummer, George Donoso.

That's, I believe, an entirely Canadian group. Kewl. Now to try another one, with some slightly less tenuous links, using the exact same starting point 'cos AdM is the perfect supergroup musician...

Playing bass guitar and rocking the vocal chords, Melissa Auf der Maur,

Who collaborated with producer and multi-instrumentalist Chris Goss (he'll play keyboards here) on her solo album,

Who worked with QoTSA legend Josh Homme (lead guitar, vox) on basically everything said band every did,

Who was of course in Eagles of Death Metal with the drummer Samantha Maloney (fun fact - she was also in Hole with AdM),

Who played in Motley Crue with Mick Mars (guitars),

Who contributed guitar parts to the Swedish sleaze-rock outfit CRASHDIET, which includes our second bassist Peter London.

That'd be a seriously badass band.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot that AdM did vox with Ryan Adams at one point. Eugh, that'd have been an entire other avenue of weird.

Edited by Sephiroth Clone