Myles Kennedy

KoA

For the past three years, I've been living in my own little world filled with Alter Bridge. And to celebrate my obtaining of the new album two days before release (Thanks Baddar D), I made this.

MylesKennedy.jpg

Any thoughts? The only quarell I have with it is the text, which I could do with suggestions with.

Edited by Chip Horton

I've made a decision folks! :P

What I'm going to do is this. Tommorow, I will remove the scanlines, and change the text, because I think it'll look better. The scanlines are too visible, and even when the opacity is turned down they still look very, very visible. As for the text, the font I'm using in it now doesn't blend in very well, so I'm changing that.

So yeah, still comment on the original, just thought I'd say there'll be some changes. Oh, and I'll be making a Tremonti one too :)

Definitely. There are a few instances when strokes can look good, but in my opinion drop shadows usually work better. Or if you need a stroke to make text stand out, you could always just reduce the opacity of it and/or add a shadow. You could also try putting a gradient in your text sometimes to mix it up a bit, doesn't have to be overwhelming but a subtle gradient can make all the difference if used correctly.

Edit: An outer glow can be useful as well, you can use them to darken the background so the text stands out more.

Edited by dwsnuk

Using outer glow when you blend it can let you make it stand out with 100 opacity or fit more naturally with lower opacity, or varied blending. Soft and hard light, multiplies, can give your text a border without making it blatantly obvious. I'm horrible with text as well, but I'd definitely back up dawson on the outer glow.

MarkTremonti.jpg

Thoughts? I've decided to do one for every AB member the same and Alter Bridge as a whole. I'm going to update the Myles Kennedy one later and change the stroke on the text to a drop shadow...I'll edit that in to this post.

EDIT:And here it is :)

Myles_Kennedy.jpg

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness